ICC Lowe Reviews

2.7

Steve Viviano

5 Star review from our client! Who Hoo

I have been working at ICC Lowe full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Our account has always been good but the team all dedicated ourself to making it great. With the help of the managers we improved resources and put our focus on making sure all the clients were happy. Sure enough in our most recent review we were rewarded with almost perfect scores!

Cons

None at the moment. we are cranking

Thank you for the support. And also for believing in us

I feel like things will get better now

I have been working at ICC Lowe

Pros

My team is great. I am hoping that some of the new changes will benefit the place

Cons

Past direction has been unclear at least to me.

Keep making sure that everyone understands what the direction is

SUPERFICIAL AND DISAPPOINTING

I have been working at ICC Lowe

Pros

There are some really cool, talented people with a true positive vibe. Hard working and dedication stand true with such talented folks and I found those who continue to keep that vibe alive inspiring. Summer 1/2 day Fridays were nice and the studio was spacious.

Cons

Unfortunately, those whom are talented and positive were there temporarily, or just holding on until something better came alone. I had high hopes for ICC, only to find out that popularity, cynicism and over the line sarcasm were trumped over a desire to become part of the team.

Trust and listen to your talent. They are the ones that will help your company succeed and follow through with your vision. It is not always about the bottom line, or the next big client. like Steve jobs would say… "You can’t connect the dots looking forward; you can only connect them looking backwards. So you have to trust that the dots will somehow connect in your future. You have to trust in something – your gut, destiny, life, karma, whatever."

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Agency With Serious Problems

I worked at ICC Lowe

Pros

Very strong medical and creative staff
    The agency had a good reputation until 2 years ago
    Management is fairly flexible with work schedules

Cons

This company was a very well respected Agency uo until 2 years ago. The focus was always on the clients and doing good work for them, and being concerned about its employees. That has all changed and now the only thing that is important is the ego of the senior managers. It claims to be a "global network", but that is totally fake and non-existant.
    Several months ago the senior managers learned about negative reviews on Glassdoor and began to intimidate people to write good reviews....and to be sure to approve of the CEO. That's a perfect example of ego being more important than being responsive to the company's issues.

The holding company (IPG) needs to replace senior management here while there still is a compnay left and more business is lost.

Good, however dwindling reputation

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Parsippany, NJ
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Parsippany, NJ

I worked at ICC Lowe full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Really good people committed to the work, kind people, good team members

Cons

Management has their hair on fire. Had confidence in the leadership for a while, until I realized that the managing director was just a snake oil sales man. will say one thing, do another. he's a smart guy, but not in it for the people as he presents. his way or the highway. such a shame.

Steve V., its time to take the reigns back.

Some people will never be satisfied…but many who work here are happy

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Parsippany, NJ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Parsippany, NJ

I have been working at ICC Lowe full-time

Pros

Yes there are naysayers, but to suggest that this place is a miserable sweatshop -- and that all the positive reviews are faked-- is to be as dishonest as the day is long. This company has assembled a bright, balanced, wonderful core of employees. No place dripping in alleged discontent could maintain such excellent talent for 5,10, even 20 years. "Lifers" is not a derogatory term: it's a reflection of a stable, nurturing, warm environment. Yes the hours can be long, esp. during a launch. Get over it -- that's universal. The biggest pro of all is that pros work here, and professionalism trumps miserly whining every day of the week.

Cons

None of the challenges are unique to this Agency. Long hours and unreasonable deadlines can occur. They do everywhere in this industry. Clinets can be demanding and difficult -- ditto.
    Some of the "hidden" benefits -- training courses, discounts, etc. -- could be better promoted.

Have middle management dig around and root out the malcontents before they poison anyone else. There aren't many of them, but since they aren't brave enough to step forward, they should quietly be reached out to and approached.

Leaving was equivalent to being paroled.

I worked at ICC Lowe full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

If you can't say anything nice . . .

Cons

Clique, clique, clique, clique, clique

What a nightmare

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Parsippany, NJ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Parsippany, NJ

I have been working at ICC Lowe full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Nice people on the worker level

Cons

Upper management has lost touch with reality in their expectations and the amount of work that needs to get done. The fat man intimidates all and thinks it is OK to yell at people, it is embarrasing. he thinks everyone likes him, that's a joke. Everyone pretends to avoid the wrath of not agreeing with him. The tension is awful. and don't get me started about how they think they are a digital shop. That's the biggest joke ever.

Come down off your high horse, stop with the intimidating tactics, and be honest.

One of the very few pharma agencies to get it RIGHT

Current Employee - Part of the Creative Department  in  Parsippany, NJ
    Current Employee - Part of the Creative Department in Parsippany, NJ

I have been working at ICC Lowe full-time

Pros

A wonderful assemblage of talented, smart, professional people. Haven't run into egos or personality disorders or politics or pretentiousness. And that's a first for me in more than a dozen years in pharmaceutical advertising. The work hard/play hard mentality is chugging along here and in all aspects it's a great place to work. Particularly impressive: you can chat with anyone in senior management whenever they're available; there are no hierarchy filters and accessibility is easy and unforced.

Cons

Sometimes the HVAC system shuts down if you're working late. Other than that? Can't think of any.

Keep doing what you're doing.

ICC Lowe is the original Jersey Boy agency. Place is very political and global is a joke.

I have been working at ICC Lowe full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Some very talented mid level account and creative staff. Benefits are good. A good place to be for a year or so, but real mid level creative and account talent exits in less than 2 years. Some new senior level hires offer promise. Other recent executive hires clearly never had their references checked.

Cons

Company is helmed by really paranoid controlling types who stifle the place. There is a negative vibe here that even clients picked up on. Strategic thinking and collaboration stand out as they are so rare. When something goes wrong (routinely), there is always major finger pointing from the top. Does anyone really own the management process here? accept responsibility? not play politics all the time?
    It’s well known that the positive reviews here are the result of the C suite flipping out about their horrible press earlier this year. (One pro -- the c suite dinos finally woke up to social media.)

Put your egos aside and take a long hard look at your behaviors and agency. Creative awards go to everyone's heads, but talk to staff, alum and clients and you hear a consensus that creative is dated and strategic thinking is an oxymoron. If you don't, clients are going to and none of us will benefit.

Worked for ICC Lowe? Contribute to the Community!