ICC Lowe

Be The First To
Add Photos

Steve Viviano

SUPERFICIAL AND DISAPPOINTING

ProsThere are some really cool, talented people with a true positive vibe. Hard working and dedication stand true with such talented folks and I found those who continue to keep that vibe alive inspiring. Summer 1/2 day Fridays were nice and the studio was spacious.

ConsUnfortunately, those whom are talented and positive were there temporarily, or just holding on until something better came alone. I had high hopes for ICC, only to find out that popularity, cynicism and over the line sarcasm were trumped over a desire to become part of the team.

Advice to Senior ManagementTrust and listen to your talent. They are the ones that will help your company succeed and follow through with your vision. It is not always about the bottom line, or the next big client. like Steve jobs would say… "You can’t connect the dots looking forward; you can only connect them looking backwards. So you have to trust that the dots will somehow connect in your future. You have to trust in something – your gut, destiny, life, karma, whatever."

Amazing ability to grow accounts "organically" just by pleasing clients!

Creative (Current Employee) Parsippany, NJ

ProsSince I have been here and on my team, we have consistently done good work for our client. And each time we do, we seem to be awarded some new project to work on or asked to help them with a new challenge. It is great when there is so much positive momentum...and it isn't always that way in this business.

ConsSometimes it take a while to find people to join the team

Advice to Senior ManagementHelp in finding and hiring good people. When an account is doing well, let it keep growing by hiring quickly

What a nightmare

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Parsippany, NJ

ProsNice people on the worker level

ConsUpper management has lost touch with reality in their expectations and the amount of work that needs to get done. The fat man intimidates all and thinks it is OK to yell at people, it is embarrasing. he thinks everyone likes him, that's a joke. Everyone pretends to avoid the wrath of not agreeing with him. The tension is awful. and don't get me started about how they think they are a digital shop. That's the biggest joke ever.

Advice to Senior ManagementCome down off your high horse, stop with the intimidating tactics, and be honest.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Some people will never be satisfied…but many who work here are happy

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Parsippany, NJ

ProsYes there are naysayers, but to suggest that this place is a miserable sweatshop -- and that all the positive reviews are faked-- is to be as dishonest as the day is long. This company has assembled a bright, balanced, wonderful core of employees. No place dripping in alleged discontent could maintain such excellent talent for 5,10, even 20 years. "Lifers" is not a derogatory term: it's a reflection of a stable, nurturing, warm environment. Yes the hours can be long, esp. during a launch. Get over it -- that's universal. The biggest pro of all is that pros work here, and professionalism trumps miserly whining every day of the week.

ConsNone of the challenges are unique to this Agency. Long hours and unreasonable deadlines can occur. They do everywhere in this industry. Clinets can be demanding and difficult -- ditto.
    Some of the "hidden" benefits -- training courses, discounts, etc. -- could be better promoted.

Advice to Senior ManagementHave middle management dig around and root out the malcontents before they poison anyone else. There aren't many of them, but since they aren't brave enough to step forward, they should quietly be reached out to and approached.

Good, however dwindling reputation

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Parsippany, NJ

ProsReally good people committed to the work, kind people, good team members

ConsManagement has their hair on fire. Had confidence in the leadership for a while, until I realized that the managing director was just a snake oil sales man. will say one thing, do another. he's a smart guy, but not in it for the people as he presents. his way or the highway. such a shame.

Advice to Senior ManagementSteve V., its time to take the reigns back.

One of the very few pharma agencies to get it RIGHT

Part of the Creative Department (Current Employee) Parsippany, NJ

ProsA wonderful assemblage of talented, smart, professional people. Haven't run into egos or personality disorders or politics or pretentiousness. And that's a first for me in more than a dozen years in pharmaceutical advertising. The work hard/play hard mentality is chugging along here and in all aspects it's a great place to work. Particularly impressive: you can chat with anyone in senior management whenever they're available; there are no hierarchy filters and accessibility is easy and unforced.

ConsSometimes the HVAC system shuts down if you're working late. Other than that? Can't think of any.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you're doing.

Many positive changes in my tenure

Creative (Current Employee) Parsippany, NJ

ProsCollaboration across all offices, opportunity to be involved in new business pitches at all levels, senior management team with a vision, my office rocks with great people to work with

ConsMy challenges here are no greater than they were at my other shops--but I feel more empowered to make a difference. There do seem to be more Jersey-mindset people who are offended when the work-life balance skews towards "work"--that makes it harder on those of us inclined to do whatever it takes.

Advice to Senior ManagementElevate team consciousness--by continuing to recognize excellence but also noticing when egos are getting in the way and addressing it openly (at every level).

ICC Lowe is the original Jersey Boy agency. Place is very political and global is a joke.

ProsSome very talented mid level account and creative staff. Benefits are good. A good place to be for a year or so, but real mid level creative and account talent exits in less than 2 years. Some new senior level hires offer promise. Other recent executive hires clearly never had their references checked.

ConsCompany is helmed by really paranoid controlling types who stifle the place. There is a negative vibe here that even clients picked up on. Strategic thinking and collaboration stand out as they are so rare. When something goes wrong (routinely), there is always major finger pointing from the top. Does anyone really own the management process here? accept responsibility? not play politics all the time?
    It’s well known that the positive reviews here are the result of the C suite flipping out about their horrible press earlier this year. (One pro -- the c suite dinos finally woke up to social media.)

Advice to Senior ManagementPut your egos aside and take a long hard look at your behaviors and agency. Creative awards go to everyone's heads, but talk to staff, alum and clients and you hear a consensus that creative is dated and strategic thinking is an oxymoron. If you don't, clients are going to and none of us will benefit.

ICC Lowe

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Parsippany, NJ

ProsVery smart developers with wide range of skills. It's impossible not to improve here. Plus, you make your own hours, basically. Some people are in at 7 and out at 4, some in at 10 and out at 7. (Subject to need of course. Deadlines rule.) There's a strong push toward new technology. These guys want to be bleeding edge. You get what you need to do the job. These guys aren't cheap that way.

Accountability is demanded. You can't coast.

ConsThe clients are sometimes promised 1000 hours of work in 800 hours. You MUST be able to manage your time effectively to thrive here. Forget 'thrive'. You'll be eaten alive.

Accountability is demanded. You can't coast.

Advice to Senior ManagementThere are people in the company working long hours who are happy, and some who work long hours who resent it. Assume the people who resent it have a legit beef, and find out why.

The creative team is amazing. That's the only positive thing.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe creative team has their stuff together. They work very hard and receive little recognition. The company overall is a good idea and some employees have solid ideas. Nice niche market with tons of potential. There are some good people there that aren't valued.

ConsPeople are not respected for their opinions. They want positive change and say they want employee input, but when employees speak up nothing gets done. Nothing changes. You can slap as much paint and cool Lego toys on the wall but the atmosphere will never change. People are tired, underappreciated and quite frankly disrespected. I have never worked in an organization where a senior level human resources "professional" is nice to an employee's face but can turn around 2 seconds after that came employee leaves and throws them under the bus. A team can only be as successful as the person that leads the team.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement needs to come out of their offices and take their blindfolds off. You should listen to your employees and truly have an open door policy. After all they are the ones that make your money for you.

Worked for ICC Lowe? Contribute to the Community!