ICDC College

Updated January 14, 2015
2.3

ICDC College President Anna Berger,
Anna Berger,

Pros
  • I admire her for all her hard work and everything she has accomplished : ) (in 5 reviews)

• I want to thank the upper management for a job well done (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Basically a hire and fire company (in 5 reviews)

• No sick time for 6 months and no vacation time for a year (in 7 reviews)

More Highlights

I have been here for almost 10 years

Current Employee - Student Advisor in Culver City, CA

I have been working at ICDC College full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

I work here because I love my job and this company. Yes, I have developed many friendships, gained experience and watched students come back and be say "thank you" for education they received, for all the support and for being there for them. I saw this company grow, and I don't think it's perfect, but I think it's a pretty great nib to have.

Cons

People who come to work, collect paychecks, then post negative comments. If you are that unhappy, look for another job.

Someone will always be unhappy.

Dissatisfied

Current Employee - Career Service/Student Service/FA
    Current Employee - Career Service/Student Service/FA

I have been working at ICDC College full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Apparently all the fake reviews

Cons

Poor leadership, management is ureasonable in expectations placed upon their employees, empoyees are unappreciated and often fired to save a dime, students are not happy and receive poor education while president gets rich off federal tax money, this school is a scam and a awful place to work.

Listen to all your fake reviews, your company is 1/5 stars, very poor management skills - unhappy employees

It works if you work!

I worked at ICDC College

Pros

if you can make it here; you can make it anywhere!

Cons

The pressure is unreasonable. The benefits are horrible. All the employees are bonded over shady EXECUTIVE management practices. Only take a job here if it is your last resort! Seriously...last resort!

Satisfied

Current Employee - Student Advisor in Culver City, CA

I have been working at ICDC College full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great environment, helpful and friendly co-workers. Pleasant atmosphere and approachable management. Upper
    management provides motivation method and training when needed.

Cons

Unfortunately there is no 401k

N/A

So much potential, so little results

Former Employee - Online Intro to Computers Instructor in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Online Intro to Computers Instructor in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at ICDC College as a contractor (more than 3 years)

Pros

The hours are just the best. As an online instructor you benefit from having the freedom to do your job from anywhere you can get a signal. I was free to do many additional projects that I could never do with a 9-5 job.

For what it's worth, the people that work immediately with the students are all good people that care for the most part. We all want to see our student's do better and so do their advisers. Our Department chairs are decent and hard-working people; whose only flaw is bending over backwards for the top brass.

They are trying to get better. They make a lot of the changes in order to boost pass rates. A good portion of what they do has a positive result. They just make those decisions with no regard for how they affect the teachers.

Cons

There is no respect given to how policy change affects you. On a whim, the company shifted a class schedule and left me without work for 3 months. They flippantly change policy and grading that often doubles or triples work with no compensation. There is absolutely no way they will even consider raising what you are paid to match the extra work they are dolling out. All around their attitude towards me was dismissive and final. Since you aren't an employee of this establishment and only a contract worker, you can receive no benefits or get a raise. You are disposable and replaceable.

The whole organization feels like it is run by a bunch business men that wanted to get rich by making a school. Then they remembered they actually needed to teach something. I can't speak about other classes because I never taught them. My class in particular suffered for policy changes at a whim when grades turned sour. So much so that it became evident that they were simply taking shots in the dark with the class structure and just hoping something stuck.

I've worked retail before, I know what it means to be about the money, to be about the brand. ICDC's approach to business is exactly the same. I suppose i just found it odd that it be adopted by an educational institution.

Take another look at how you treat your contract workers.

Cheap and shady company. Big brother is watching you.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Culver City, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Culver City, CA

I have been working at ICDC College full-time (more than an year)

Pros

You'll have some great coworkers. Flexible schedule too. Not much else too say about this place.

Cons

Where to start!
    No sick time for 6 months and no vacation time for a year.
    Cameras everywhere! They say is for safety, but they actually watch your every move. One slip up and they're quick to send the video to your manager for a write up or termination.
    They record your phone calls too.
    No employee appreciation whatsoever. You can go above and beyond, but they won't recognize it. However, if you make one mistake, you get called out.
    Basically a hire and fire company. They'll do a mass hiring so they can pay the new people less, and lay off people that have been there for a while. Anything to make profit.
    They enroll just about anyone. You'll have students that can barely write sentences and some are even homeless.

Treat your employees better and you won't be one of the lowest rated companies out there.

The Company's sole mission is to make a profit, not providing people with quality education.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hollywood, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hollywood, CA

I worked at ICDC College full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

You are able to make lasting friendships.

Cons

Where do I begin?
     While working there, the company tried to drill into your head that team work was very important, and while I agree, not many stood by this. I saw a lot of my colleagues being thrown under the bus for decisions that were made in upper management. When results didn't pan out the way they were expecting, they blamed it on others rather than owning up to their mistakes. No integrity, too many office politics, too much finger pointing. No one ever took responsibility for their own actions, and upper management would always turn a blind eye.
     No one was allowed to have an outside life. If you were salary, chances are, you were working weekends. Time off was frowned upon, and if you were calling in sick, forget it. During graduation time, you were forced to "volunteer" your time to work the graduation. The Christmas Party was not exactly mandatory, but if you missed, you were automatically seen as "not a team player" and was questioned as to why you were not participating in the festivities. They would make sure that everyone would be present by assigning projects to each campus to present at the party.
     Making sure that the enrollment numbers were up was more important than providing a quality education. This company targeted low income communities to provide subpar education to. It is unfortunate that many of these students did not realize that they were not being provided with what they paid for until it was too late. Job placement was low, and many would come back dissatisfied with empty promises that were made by their salesmen a.k.a. admission. There is just so much wrong with this company.

Please, make sure that your employees are happy. Good morale makes for a good work environment. I still know many of my former colleagues that are taking their work home and are stressed beyond belief. If they are salaried, allow them time to recharge. Don't work them to the bone.

Bizarre and Abusive

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at ICDC College full-time

Pros

Most of the people I worked with were very nice. At the time, it was next to a grocery store and across the street from Walgreens.

Cons

This company is a scam. They must place enough students to stay open but the only real interest is getting the financial aid money from our government. They think Americans are lazy, so they hire as few of us as possible. I'm in IT and they made me salaried so they could avoid paying me overtime, which I now know to be illegal. Being salaried, I still had to punch a time clock and was scolded for being 1 or 2 minutes late. This was on top of being told I must work 9 hour days. And, they demanded I work quite a few Saturdays and on some holidays. Do NOT work here.

The owner has made million$ running this company. She doesn't need my advice. Happy employees are not an issue for this company.

Stay away!! This college is a joke and fraud. Hostile environment and by far worst place to work!

Former Employee - Student Advisor in Culver City, CA
    Former Employee - Student Advisor in Culver City, CA

I worked at ICDC College full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Great team of people you work with and get to develop close friendships. However everything else about working here is just horrible!!! All the negative reviews on here are absolutely true!!

Cons

Hostile, very cut throat environment.! There is hire and fire mentality, no job security. No employee appreciation whatsoever. Instead, management treats you as if you are lucky to even have a job. High turnover rate. The company only cares about making numbers and $$$. They DO NOT value quality education or students. As advisors, you're constantly in fear of being fired. Employees are started at a low wage and taken advantage of when they are given high caseloads and high unrealistic demands. Repetitive call center environment where they micro-manage everything. Employes rarely rewarded for their hard work. At the same time it's obvious there is some favoritism that goes around which means only certain people get promoted/rewarded (e.i. if you are liked by and are friends with management ) .No work/life balance is encouraged (taking time off is looked down upon) and even taking your legal 5-10 minute break twice a day is very looked down upon. illegal activity happening with enrollment of students. Every student and employee is a number, they don't care about you. By far the worst place to work! Low employee morale, the only reason why many employees stay is because of the friendships they've made with co-workers.

Management does not care about your advise. They will fire you.

ICDC COLLEGE V.N. and HOLLYWOOD

Former Employee - Instructor in Hollywood, CA
    Former Employee - Instructor in Hollywood, CA

I worked at ICDC College full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Some of the instructors are well educated and efficient ...

Cons

Very unprofessional! disorganized and only concerned about their profit not the education of their students.