ICF International Reviews

Reset
3.8
ICF International Chairman and CEO Sudhakar Kesavan
Sudhakar Kesavan

Pros
  • Work/Life balance is great; I tend to be a bit of a workaholic but I'm glad it's not forced (in 28 reviews)

• I love the flexibility that ICF gives to its employees, you can work from home every Friday or whenever the weather is bad (in 17 reviews)

Cons
  • high employee turnaround due to poor work-life balance (in 26 reviews)

• There were cliques and favorites in upper management (in 12 reviews)

1. Great Learning Environment

Current Employee - Senior Technical Specialist in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Senior Technical Specialist in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at ICF International full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Still pretty new to the ICF working environment and so far it has been a great place to learn new skills and share ideas. Also environment is very flexible.

Cons

- Sometimes you can feel as if you are working in silo from other projects but management is doing a great job of getting everyone engaged.

Advice to Management

Continue supporting your new and junior staff as we navigate career pathways.

2. It's just OK

Current Employee - Associate in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Associate in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at ICF International full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Work life balance is great! Hours are very flexible. Telework opportunities available based on project manager & need.

Cons

Managers can BS about promotion opportunities. Moral is very low & people are leaving as soon as they get a chance.

Advice to Management

Stop allowing nepotism in the workplace. Give everyone fair opportunities to be promoted, because some people are being jumped multiple levels with minimal experience & others are being overlooked with years of experience. Provide better raises for those that are promoted.

3. Free reign to win or fail

Former Contractor - Creative Department in Atlanta, GA
    Former Contractor - Creative Department in Atlanta, GA

I worked at ICF International as a contractor (More than 3 years)

Pros

It is a good sized company where will you will get to work with a great diversity of very educated personnel in a wide variety of health issues. Good work schedule. Can manage your own time. Lots of ways to learn and grow about internal initiatives as well as health issues.

Cons

Scheduling of projects can sometimes be difficult due to world travel of instructional designers. short turn around time on winning proposals.

Advice to Management

keep doing what your doing

5. Supervisor

Former Employee - Supervisor in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Supervisor in Atlanta, GA

I worked at ICF International full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great Company to work for keep up the good work ICF

Cons

i have no CONS this is a GREAT COMPANY

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work ICF

ICF is not a good place to work

Former Employee - Associate in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Associate in Atlanta, GA

I worked at ICF International full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Smart hard working people work there

Cons

Work-life balance depends on your supervisor. I had No work-life balance and I needed it being a single parent of a small child,my supervisor would not allow me to work different hours or work from home, while other colleagues who had been there less time than me but were aloud to work whatever hours they wanted, work from home while on vacation

Advice to Management

Have consistency across supervisors and set rules for everyone to follow for work-life balance. Train supervisors better.

Terrible Work-Life Balance, Nice People

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at ICF International full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The people are great to work with. There are a lot of smart, hard-working people at ICF, and some go out of their way to make you feel appreciated. It seems like the upper management really care about the employees, and they are very accessible.

Cons

There's no work-life balance. The motto has become "get it done" rather than "do it well." Despite getting stellar yearly reviews, I have not gotten a promotion in years.

Interesting work; some opportunity for advancement; can feel stuck in your position

Current Employee - Senior Associate in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Senior Associate in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at ICF International full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Professionally supportive and accessible upper management. I feel comfortable sharing ideas and asking questions of vice presidents and feel that they value my contributions. Flexible work hours and ability to work from home (varies by supervisor and project manager--not everyone can enjoy this benefit). If you take initiative to do internal networking, people are ready to work with you, listen to your ideas, and help you. Almost everyone I have met here is quite smart, hard working, and good on a team.

Cons

Switch from sick and vacation to PTO. Lack of work/life balance. Feeling valued is important to me personally, but it has not translated into raise or promotion, which would be at least as meaningful. Your experience with the company can vary wildly depending on which office you sit in, who your supervisor is, and who your line of business lead is. This includes things like whether you can work from home, how and how long it takes to get promoted, whether you are expected to check email at night and on weekends, whether you are allowed to leave a project you don't like for one you prefer, etc. Promotion feels as though it is partly based on merit but at least equally based on who you know and whether you have a good supervisor who looks out for you. I feel I've been doing management level work for at least a year without having the salary or job title that I deserve.

Advice to Management

Have some guidelines on what non-management staff can expect in terms of how long it takes to be promoted in addition to what the skills are. Get management on board about what ICF practices are and have them applied across the board.

9. Liked It Less When It Was Macro

Former Employee - Financial Analyst in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Financial Analyst in Atlanta, GA

I worked at ICF International full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

profit sharing and 401k match

Cons

no flexibility and incompetent management

10. Great workplace

Former Intern - Intern in Atlanta, GA
    Former Intern - Intern in Atlanta, GA

I worked at ICF International as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Excellent people to work with

Cons

No relocation package is provided to interns.

RSS Feed </> Embed