ICF International

Updated Feb 3, 2014

ICF International Chairman and CEO Sudhakar Kesavan

Sudhakar Kesavan

5 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Good company to start your career

Senior Associate (Current Employee)
San Francisco, CA

I have been working at ICF International full-time for more than a year

ProsWork culture is amazing. Benefits are good. The most important thing is people are really amazing.

ConsSometimes the projects can get slow due to the number of people involved.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work and lets work towards making it a billion dollar company.

Company didn't match the culture they stated

Program Manager (Former Employee)
San Francisco, CA

I worked at ICF International full-time for more than a year

Prosvaluable work that helps the environment

ConsIts all about the dollar

Advice to Senior Managementbe more transparent

4 stars

Associate (Current Employee)

I have been working at ICF International full-time

Prostime off, flexible schedule, happy hour, chill coworkers, great office location

Consthere are not that many

Company that tries to be responsible, socially aware, employee focused....not that way at all

Principal (Current Employee)

I have been working at ICF International full-time for more than 3 years

ProsSome interesting work, benefits are good.

ConsCompany doesn't practice what they preach. Despite their stated "organic growth" the company grows through acquisition which doesn't go so well. Regional leaders and office managers have no clue about their own employees and spend most of their time working on org charts to justify their existence. The corporate management seems to be on a different planet and don't communicate anything to the staff. This company is struggling to identify itself amongst many other companies.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake a closer look at regional and office managers and make sure that you ask them why they are constantly shuffling the deck and making arbitrary decisions about staffing.

Great company if you want to work with a purpose.

Senior Associate (Current Employee)

I have been working at ICF International

ProsThe company is fully of extremely mission-oriented people who are working to make a positive social difference. There is a sense that everyone is coming to work to get down to business with their own part of savings the world. This sense of purpose engenders a strong team spirit and collegial atmosphere that focuses on cooperation over competition. Unlike some other firms in this industry there is not a sense of different offices as "dueling profit centers." Instead there is a general recognition that we all benefit from working together and that getting the job done is more important than whose budget something accrues to.

I also appreciate the deep technical expertise here in so many areas. At some firms in the consulting industry there is a poker-faced game of "we've never done that before and don't know much about it, but just tell the client that we'll do it, and we'll figure out 'how' later." At ICF I am consistently impressed by the expertise present at all levels in many practices - usually there is someone who *has* done it before and *does* know a lot about it. This earns my respect and makes me feel like there is leadership I can trust.

At the same time there is a trust in staff and a willingness to appreciate innovation wherever it arises. I think this allows junior staff to grow quickly, and motivates them to do their best work. This is not a formulaic place and there is a lot of room for younger employees to put their own mark on the work that comes out of ICF.

ConsICF is in a phase of rapid growth after its IPO as a public company in 2007. This has its upsides of course, but it is also engendering a shift to a more investor-profits-driven mentality at the top. While this may be appropriate business practice, it may put some strain on the organizational culture to meet these growth goals. The company's culture of excellence and expertise may be challenged by the requirement to rapidly expand successful groups beyond their current size.

Advice to Senior ManagementLook for ways to guard the company's core values and the caliber of its technical expertise as it grows quickly.

Worked for ICF International? Contribute to the Community!

ICF International Videos

ICF International – Why Work for Us?

Since 1969, ICF International (NASDAQ:ICFI) has been serving government at all levels, major corporations, and multilateral institutions. With more than 60 offices and more than 5,000 employees worldwide, we bring deep… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at ICF International reviews and ratings in San Francisco, CA — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for ICF International CEO Sudhakar Kesavan. All 5 reviews posted anonymously by ICF International employees.