ICICI Prudential Life Insurance

ICICI Prudential Life Insurance Reviews

Updated Jul 21, 2014

ICICI Prudential Life Insurance Managing Director & CEO Sandeep Bakhshi

Sandeep Bakhshi

Pros
  • The company has good work culture with very friendly environment(in 10 reviews)

• work culture in term very famous brand name like icici(in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • low salary , and lesser benefits as compared to other companies(in 4 reviews)

• office politics, there's not 1 goal(in 3 reviews)

extremely rewarding

Group Underwriter (Current Employee) Roseland, NJ

ProsThe people I work with, everyone is willing to help out.

Consjob is very routine sometimes

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue promoting the positive atmosphere

Good Company

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsExtremely focused on creating next gen leadership by empowering people

Consfierce competition (at times unhealthy)
    Mediocre compensation

Advice to Senior ManagementNA

Fast Paced Work Environment

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsFast paced work environment with a focus on go-getter attitude. No spoonfeeding no mollycoddling. Definitely not for the weak at heart. Excellent benefits and salary

ConsThe only thing that matters is target and numbers. Nothing else. No personal-professional life balance. Highly pressurized and stressful work conditions.

Advice to Senior ManagementA horizontal structure makes climbing ranks difficult. Policy changes at the management level not communicated enough or with clarity to the working staff so those who want to go above and beyond their job responsibilities have no scope for taking initiatives. There should be room for personal growth along with professional growth

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Fast paced work environment

Manager (Former Employee)

ProsGood benefits, competitive salary, excellent staff. ICICI Prudential is the leading life insurer in India and they always try to live up to their high standards. Employees enjoy a high degree of responsibility and innovation is recognized.

ConsToo target oriented perhaps due to intense competition for market share. Frequent changes in leadership have sent mixed messages to employees. Working conditions in branch offices could be improved.

Advice to Senior ManagementPrepare a long term strategy and then try to be as close to it as possible while allowing for some flexibility to face environmental variations.

The position was challenging and had room for advancement

Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) Boston, MA

Prospleasent work enviornment,,, no press
    ure

Conspersonal aims were allowed to rieghn

Advice to Senior Managementcurtain agressive employees from take over This was a situ
    Ation where I was one african american Hired by a certain office head, all of the office staff was prejudice and objected to a black person, they rebelled and had this man fired and hired another who complied with the majority and then had me seperated from the job, an effective discrimination.

Overall a good place to work

Director, Project Management (Current Employee) Newark, NJ

ProsPrudential offers very good benefits and, at least in my area, very flexable work arrangements. The people at Prudential are, for the most part, respectful and professional. Senior management tries to drive a culture where people do the right thing. I work in a area where customer issues are sometimes exposed. The focus is always on how to make the client whole and how to prevent issues from occuring in the future.

ConsLike any large company, office politics can get in the way of progress on some issues, More importantly, it can help or hinder your career depending on how well you navigate it. The working culture of inclusion is sometimes taken too far such that it often takes 10 people and 10 weeks to make what should be a simple decision. Salaries seem to be a little below those of my peers at other firms..

Advice to Senior ManagementSenior management should look at the benefits package. There are a lot of programs and perks that very few people take advantage of. I would liket o see those resources redirected to salaries.

Great Organization to work

ProsIts a supportive environment and a great place to work

ConsTo improve the pay scale

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work

Felt as if I was a drone and was underutilized.

ProsGood benefits and a lot of PTO

ConsThe wages are a terrible disgrace

Advice to Senior ManagementPay your talent.

Be Careful Here

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Denver, CO

ProsManagement and co-workers agreeable people to work with. Good and familiar brand. Encourage expense-account selling. Trainers are "hands-on" and generally available.

ConsMust follow the company protocols in meeting with potential clients, which hampers initial contacts -they seem so afraid you'll make mistakes in first meetings, which is really just data gathering. Bonus structure seems weak, considering the effort put in. Hard for a newcomer to sell more complex and higher compensated products.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't waste so much time on initial training, which really cuts into production requirements. Stress dollar goals first, then go back and fine-tune your presentations.

good to work & learn. System is good support is less

Afsm (Former Employee) Delhi, CA

ProsPartiality a bit by mangers for favorites

ConsStill you get enough space to explore yourself

Advice to Senior ManagementWell managed company

Worked for ICICI Prudential Life Insurance? Contribute to the Community!