ICL Reviews

Great Experience

Former Employee - Accounting Intern  in  New York, NY
    Former Employee - Accounting Intern in New York, NY

I worked at ICL as an intern for less than a year

Pros

It was an extremely friendly environment! I was well trained by the CFO himself and never did I regret a single moment of it!

Cons

Compensation was average, wish I just had more time here to see how far I could've grew.

If you want a career with respect & decent pay....then don't work here

Current Employee - Mental Health Counselor  in  Brooklyn, NY
    Current Employee - Mental Health Counselor in Brooklyn, NY

I have been working at ICL part-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Lots of locations and sites housing has 24 hour shifts

Cons

Employees not treated with respect Management is terrible Working at risk with some mental health populations thankless job company changes policy often to benefit itself without consideration to clients or workers

Listen to your employee that are working on the front lines they are the professionals dealing with all the aspects of the client Make your facilities safe environments for the residents and work ers for real not just on a report for the state

Working here can be a positive or negative experience depending on who is your boss.

Current Employee - Social Worker  in  New York, NY
    Current Employee - Social Worker in New York, NY

I have been working at ICL as an intern for less than a year

Pros

Vacation time off, when you have program that really serves the clients.

Cons

Office culture, salary as compared to other not for profit agencies on the level of ICL, the higher up the management the less accessible they are. You can feel small and unimportant, like your ideas do not matter. Very much about appearances with many bosses.

Make yourself more available to people across the agency, raise salaries, and actively work to improve the culture so everyone feels valued.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Amazing and Horrific at the same time!

Former Employee - Social Worker  in  Brooklyn, NY
    Former Employee - Social Worker in Brooklyn, NY

I worked at ICL full-time for less than a year

Pros

Their mission is great but often sidetracked due to the culture of medicaid reimbursement. The population is great to work with and you learn a lot when it comes to dealing with the poor, and chronically mentally ill. Pay is decent in comparison to other agencies, but poor when compared to the amount of work expected of you.

Cons

The services given to clients fall short because of quotas needed in order to make enough money from medicaid in order to keep the doors open.

You are promised a caseload (it's even in the job description) of 15 to 20 clients, and you end up with close to 40...

the paperwork involved with each client on a monthly basis is so extreme that you often don't have time to do actual clinical work with clients who so desperately need it.

High turnover rate, although if you can manage to stay here a year or so you'll be promoted if you're a team player (not necessarily because you're a good social worker, but because you don't make noise, don't complain, and buy into everything they tell you)

Reevaluate your mission, and when you say the clients are the most important thing, mean it. Even at the expense of making $

Lack of Communication

Former Employee - Evening Residential Counselor  in  New York, NY
    Former Employee - Evening Residential Counselor in New York, NY

I worked at ICL full-time for more than a year

Pros

At ICL, you have the opportunity to help people who are sick, homeless, substance users and etc. Sometimes you may find yourself making decisions, and taking on roles and duties of a supervisor. The experience is worth it for possible future endeavors.

Cons

The staff at the residence, are very unprofessional. There are so many unrelated personal emotions, that causes friction for other individuals/staff comfortable to complete any task or job duty as required. There's also a lack of communication amongst the supervisors and the the staff who provide minimum support to the clients. The case managers do not speak appropriately to the skill builders/residential counselors. Last, but not least favoritism is a crucial role for this company, which causes the possibility to move up within th organization impossible.

If an individual/staff have the potential to grow within the organization, there should more hands on training for that individual/staff to pursue another position. Depending on the experience of the individual/staff, the salary should be negotiable for every job title, it should not be limited to a person education status.

Condescending

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at ICL full-time for more than a year

Pros

Non-for-profit so 13 paid Holidays, 3 personal days, 3 sick days/ trimester, 20 vacation days if exempt, 15 if non-exempt. Health benefits including dental, HCR, and other benefits such as pre-tax commuter benefits, and dependable care reimbursement.

Cons

Poor career advancement, very burocratic, employees and management do not understand the words "team-work", nobody takes responsibility, low paying jobs expecting Master's degree and above, managers often openly gossip about subordinates with other subordinates, condescending management. Healthcare cost keeps on increasing for the employees.

Stop gossiping and take some responsibility. Appreciate and reward your good employees. Utilize the talent from within and let your employees advance to make your organization stronger.

Great workplace for a non-profit!

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  New York, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at ICL full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Awesome co-workers, great boss, nice office.

Cons

Low pay compared to industry standards. Smoking break factored in working hours even for non-smokers!

Keep up the good job!

My experience with ICL was unforgettable.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Brooklyn, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn, NY

I worked at ICL

Pros

The best reason hands down was; working with adolescent consumers with mental disorders.
    Also assisting consumers in reaching their goals. There's nothing better than seeing and knowing these young adults accomplish their goals. The consumers can and always will put a smile on your face.......if they believe your genuine and if they trust and like you.

Cons

The senior staff are not professional and make decisions off of personal feelings not professional. They fabricate to save themselves and don't do any of their own work but takes the credit. This was just Coney Island Facility. I believe they should close this facility because it's corrupt!

All of management should just quit, and ICL's higher-ups should rehire all new staff, because they are all in it for just the money and not to actually help the individuals residing in their facilities.

Great place to work with if you have a graduate degree

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  New York, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at ICL

Pros

A lot of opportunities for promotions
    Willing to hear ideas for helping the agency grow

Cons

High turnover rates for entry-level staff
    Underpaid

I have learned a lot in my respective field.

Former Employee - Production Manager Assistant  in  Lahore (Pakistan)
    Former Employee - Production Manager Assistant in Lahore (Pakistan)

I worked at ICL as an intern for less than a year

Pros

The environment of the company is quite friendly and supporting. They have supported me at every stage this was quite a good experience for me.

Cons

The maintenance of the company regarding machines was a bit low. Due to which there was always the problem in the machines. But it was a good chance for me to learn a lot about the problems occurring in the machines.

They have to improve there management system so that employees can in a very good environment,

Worked for ICL? Contribute to the Community!