ICON

ICON – Dublin – “Dublin”

ICON CEO Ciaran Murray

Ciaran Murray

4 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

lots of potential for growth but the company has outgrown its policies

Clinical Research Associate (Current Employee)

I have been working at ICON full-time for less than a year

ProsGreat people and good flexibility. ICON is an ideal place to learn the industry. Leading the way in risk based monitoring and implementing very cool technologies.

ConsManagement is out of touch with employees, metrics-driven approach (quantity) can stifle quality, more empasis must be put into indication specific training. ICON needs to realize that there are several CROs that are competing for the most talented CRAs. ICON must realize that the pay and the lack of commitment to develop more specialized employees has caused many to move to other places.

Advice to Senior ManagementTrain us, retain us, and trust us to work more closely with Sponsors instead of putting two levels of management between us and the client.

Less than a year being here

Clinical Trial Assistant (Current Employee)

I have been working at ICON full-time for less than a year

ProsExcellent trainings to familiarize staff with GCP and clinical trial regulations; Managers consciously aware of employees who want to move into another role; use of SMART objectives for goals/evaluations; ability to move around in different clinical trial specialties

Conshavent been here long enough to know many; pay scale for moving up into a different role not great; turnover seems to be an issue especially when working on multi-year studies

Pretty marginal company and leadership

Executive Vice President (Former Employee)

I worked at ICON

Prospeople below leadership were fair

Conspoor leadership, unethical behavior and favoritism

Advice to Senior Managementlet people lead and do not micro manage

We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Maintain great work/life balance at ICON but take your advanced degree elsewhere

Senior Clinical Project Manager (Current Employee)
Chicago, IL

I have been working at ICON

ProsStrong Work/life balance
Friendly and approachable colleagues
Generous vacation and time-off schedule
Above average benefits
International footprint allows for collaboration globally

ConsOver-emphasis on shareholder opinion, which translates to a focus on short-term tactics rather than long-term strategies to improve the company's business
Significant growing pains in an organization that has grown faster than its infrastructure
Below average pay makes it difficult to attract top talents
Lean travel policy and reimbursement process gives sponsors the impression of a company that competes on cost rather than on talent

Advice to Senior ManagementSpare no expense at hiring top talents who can serve as a role model for others. Focus on staff training and development to better demonstrate how we are a "Symbol of Excellence." Truly reward top performers to continue to motivate them as well as encourage others.

Worked for ICON? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at ICON reviews and ratings in Chicago, IL — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for ICON CEO Ciaran Murray . All reviews posted anonymously by ICON employees.