ICON International

Updated Mar 30, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

John P. Kramer

Good place to work, some big money in certain departments, but not in all

Network Engineer (Current Employee)
Stamford, CT

I have been working at ICON International full-time for more than a year

ProsGreat place to get good experience

ConsLower Pay then I expected and got elsewhere

Started off well, but nothing lasts forever.

I have been working at ICON International full-time

Prosgood atmosphere for young people just getting in the game.
Several parties throughout the year to keep moral up.
Most people are friendly, but few could learn to be a little more friendly with their co-workers.
Decent work/life balance. Some late days, but for most part not too bad.

ConsDepending on your department, advancement is anywhere from possible to don't hold your breath - a lot of log jams with older positions, and company doesn't seem to be expanding any longer.
Management could learn to work together more. Many times multiple projects come in with staggered starts, but same due dates, then act surprised that we're working on someone else's project due at the same time. Would get feeling that they were more comfortable harping on the employees about getting THEIR stuff done over the other managers stuff, rather than adjusting due date that they themselves have set.
Business casual setting.
Pay is not much if you start with company -- come in after a few years experience and they'll make you a decent offer.
Some depts are very clicky...read as if you don't fit in with them, you'll change or they'll spit you out.
The quality of clients has gone down. Company used to on board new clients strictly by using their own sales dept and barter. Nowadays, it seems like they bid out for new clients thru OMC sister companies more often than not.

Advice to Senior ManagementWork with your employees! Too much just get it done attitude. Could benefit from a younger mind or two that's more in touch with current state of media.

– I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company

Nepotism at its finest

Assistant Media Buyer (Former Employee)
Stamford, CT

I worked at ICON International full-time for more than a year

ProsIndusrty is incrdibly interesting and the business seems to do well. Overal there are good people working there. Good work life balance.

ConsEverybody knows somebody or is connect to spmeonw wither personally or professionally for a number of years. This is completely understandable, however it makes growth and development difficult.

Worked for ICON International? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at ICON International reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for ICON International CEO John P. Kramer. All reviews posted anonymously by ICON International employees.