ICON

Updated Jul 23, 2014
ICON – Dublin – “Dublin”

ICON CEO Ciaran Murray

Ciaran Murray

Pros
  • Great benefits, great pay, good work/life balance, great people(in 13 reviews)

• Carrier development opportunities, good benefits, friendly environment(in 14 reviews)

Cons
  • There is little concern for work/life balance here anymore(in 10 reviews)

• So there was no career development or assessment, making it impossible to ever be promoted or get feedback on my performance(in 5 reviews)

Cliqueish, Inexperienced management, horrible pay, theey dont care about you.

Study Start-Up Associate (Former Employee) Horsham, PA

ProsYou could wear jeans everyday. Benefits were okay.

ConsNo promottions for experience, all about the money no concerned with employee growth. Favoritism across the Study Start-Up department. Some receiving 2 promotions within 1 year. Very, very cliqueish, if you are not part of the in-crowd or cool with someone from the in-crowd you can forget about ever being promoted. No work/life balance, you are assigned more studies than can be handle by one individual, At ICON you are just a head count, nothing more. Important company information was passed via word of mouth prior to getting official notice from management.

Advice to Senior ManagementUpper Management needs to take a closer look at middle management.

One of the worst places I have ever been

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsAbsolutely none at all. Nothing good about this company

ConsManagement treats company like personal piggy bank.

Unrealistic work load

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe facilities are very good. The amount of holiday is ok. The training processes are good. There are some career opportunities.

ConsThe work load is very high with tight deadlines and only few experienced staff remain at the company. New staff leaving soon, some after a few months. Compensation is insufficient.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet more experienced staff, allocate sufficient resource to projects, and focus on staff retention.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Administrative Assistant

Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) North Wales, PA

ProsGreat benefits, great pay, good work/life balance, great people

ConsIt's fast paced and intense at times but good outweighs the bad

Advice to Senior ManagementMore incentive given to people with really intense projects would be helpful but overall it's a great place to work.

never again.

Document Management Associate (Former Employee) North Wales, PA

Proscafeteria, nice size cube, company outings, free cupcakes for birthday months.

Consunderpaid, arbitrary office politics, unprofessional coworkers, heinously biased and unorganized HR staff - frankly there are other CRO oriented businesses much worth your time to seek employment with

Advice to Senior Managementtreat your employees with respect, not just to those who kiss your behind

Unfair salaries

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsProximity to where i live

Consno career path, unfair, lot depends on manager's decision with HR supporting managers not individuals

Must be patient.

Software Developer (Current Employee) Houston, TX

ProsGreat vacation time, European style. Salary increase is minimal, at least in my experience. Maybe some people are getting nice increases if they're a star. But from what I've heard, you have to leave and come back or have another offer in hand 'if' they're willing to counter to keep you, otherwise, don't hold your breath. If you have a mentor or a natural ability to learn the business, then you've got it made. Otherwise, the learning curve can be steep for mere mortals.

ConsIf you're not patient, forget it. You'll only be frustrated. But if you're willing to do what they tell you, then you can last a long time. In the event of a layoff, I was told that you get a little severance, which is more than most companies.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement will decide. Nothing else is new here.

Nice place to start out, but definitely no place to grow

Clinical Research Assistant (Former Employee) Chicago, IL

ProsGreat way to get your foot in the door of pharma

ConsNo opportunity to grow at all. Promised opportunities, strung along for years. I also felt like the environment felt clique-ish.

Advice to Senior ManagementUpper management in the Chicago office: invest in your employees!!

Great culture in place; need to work on better talent retention

Clinical Trial Manager (Current Employee)

ProsValues & Culture. Respect personal needs and provide flexibility. Invest in training for its employees. Seek for continuous improvement and take the steps towards it.

ConsChanges are sometimes not timely and clearly communicated.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake more efforts to keep the valuable employees.

About one year here

CDMS Programming Lead (Current Employee) Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

ProsNice and subsidized canteen, Social Club organizes monthly a varied agenda with fun activties, Car Park for employees, Decent Salary, Cycle to Work scheme on, Flexi time -starting time is any time from 7 -10 am as long as you stay 8.5 hours in , Employees manage their own time. Big corporate culture

ConsLittle opportunity for career progression, Distant from city centre, very industry specific ( pharmaceutical & clinical trial research)

Advice to Senior ManagementNone

Worked for ICON? Contribute to the Community!