ICT (Interactive College of Technology)

www.ict-ils.edu

3.2
Elmer R Smith

1. Pasadena Campus Review

Current Employee - ESL Instructor in Pasadena, TX

I have been working at ICT (Interactive College of Technology) full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Interactive College of Technology is a wonderful company to work for. If I didn't think so I would have left a long time ago. I love working here and I love my students. I have also had great leaders at Interactive College of Technology such as Ms. Imeen Manahan and Mr. Gregory Weaver. They were the best leaders that I have worked with. My overall experience here is great and I love working at Interactive College of Technology because of the great support I get from the company overall.

Cons

I don't have anything negative to say about Interactive College of Technology. All the years I have been working here have been a great experience.

Advice to Management

N/A

2. Hard work but worth it.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Gainesville, GA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Gainesville, GA

I have been working at ICT (Interactive College of Technology) full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Well paid for the job we do. Student centered mind although of course it is a business and to give good service you need to make a profit.

Cons

Some ideas are a bit old school or better said out dated. Not enough advertising to grow.

Advice to Management

Create a better, younger and fresher marketing and advertising program.

Great Place to Work

Current Employee - ESL Instructor in Pasadena, TX

I have been working at ICT (Interactive College of Technology) part-time (More than a year)

Pros

I really enjoy the atmosphere here at ICT. I love working with the students to help them achieve their goal of learning English. Everyone I work with is great!

Cons

The curriculum is a little complicated for the students to follow, but they are remodeling the curriculum with great improvements.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

Great Environment

Current Employee - Finance in Newport, KY
    Current Employee - Finance in Newport, KY

Pros

I love the individuals that I work with, everyone is a team player and works well to help everyone around them! The student body is almost always pleasant to be around and wonderful to work with!

Cons

Its really hard to think of any cons. It is a great place to work!

Good people, good students, middling business practices

Former Employee - ESL Instructor
    Former Employee - ESL Instructor

I worked at ICT (Interactive College of Technology) part-time

Pros

The staff are excellent; caring, professional teachers and administrators who consistently go above and beyond to serve their students. The students themselves are great; mostly working folks who try hard and want to learn. The sense of community is powerful, and students and teachers quickly become close. ICT would be a good place to get your feet wet as a beginning ESL instructor.

Cons

Low-ish pay, little-to-no full-time opportunity, and therefore no benefits, and a business setup that is geared more toward profit than education. Teachers are held responsible for student attrition and retention, and failing students are sometimes passed through. In my experience, no one at the campus level likes or approves of these policies, but is forced to carry them out due to the business model of the company. Hours are based on student availability. One session you may be working 30 hours a week, the next only eight. Not recommended for those looking for a career path.

Advice to Management

More focus on quality education and on student needs, and less on profit-through-volume. Benefits for teachers would help ensure more employee loyalty.

Its been a great experience working for ICT

Current Employee - Admissions Representative in Pasadena, TX
    Current Employee - Admissions Representative in Pasadena, TX

Pros

It has been a great experience working for ICT. I have been able to help many students in accomplishing their goals for a better future. The Company has been very good to me and has given me the opportunity to continue growing with them.

Cons

work hours can be long at times , but the work is still rewarding.

Advice to Management

Continue growing and working to build the ICT Brand in our communities.

Great Enviorment

Current Employee - Instructor in Newport, KY
    Current Employee - Instructor in Newport, KY

I have been working at ICT (Interactive College of Technology) full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Team feeling, Everyone puts the students best interest first.

Cons

Remote location. Campus does not have the same resources as the other sites.

Advice to Management

Stay focused on quality not quantity.

9. Negative Environment

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chamblee, GA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chamblee, GA

I worked at ICT (Interactive College of Technology) full-time (More than a year)

Pros

ICT is a stepping stone and offers trial-by-fire work experience. Working with students from such diverse backgrounds is always interesting, and veteran teachers provide students with quality lessons.

Cons

The work environment is overwhelmingly negative. Corporate leaders value profit over education. The President and Dean make uninformed decisions and expect everyone to follow suit, regardless of how silly or impractical the decisions may be. Employees are overworked and underpaid, and encouraged to harass students into continuing on to the next "level" at any cost. The President sends intimidating letters to teachers' homes and operates largely on scare tactics. The physical work environment is also dreary, with AC that does not work in the summer, and mildew festering in most classrooms.

Advice to Management

Work on edifying your employees rather than constantly belittling them for factors that are outside of their control. Also, don't be so obvious. Writing 3+ positive reviews in one day to bolster public image is a bit ridiculous. Take feedback into account and FIX issues rather than relying on PR and marketing teams to put lipstick on a pig. You can build as many new buildings and parking lots as you want, but the program is crumbling. Turnover is out of control.

Sketchy business practices

Former Employee - ESL Instructor in Chamblee, GA
    Former Employee - ESL Instructor in Chamblee, GA

Pros

Pre-developed curriculum Good opportunity to impact community Helpful teachers

Cons

Consistently messes up paychecks. In my employment, three of my paychecks were messed up, and I was told to "wait til next time" for them to be fixed. Once instance saw about $300 missing from EVERYONE'S paycheck, and they refused to fix the situation for two weeks. Doesn't stick to education morals. I have seen countless times where students were passed to the next level, despite the fact that their teachers failed them, just so that the school could keep them as students. False advertising. The upper management has told their employees to go on review sites and write positive reviews, to combat the barrage of true, negative reviews about the company. I personally heard it myself. I don't trust anything positive said about the company, because I know that many of them are because employees have been told specifically to do this by upper management.

Advice to Management

Stop relying on shady business tactics to stay afloat and start treating your employees like real people.

My second home

Current Employee - Academic Management in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Academic Management in Houston, TX

Pros

This company allows you to share your ideas, you have open dialogue with your immediate bosses and heads of the company. We discuss what can be changed and how it can be changed. It promotes from within and helps guide us

Cons

It can be stressful in management but it is worth all of the stress when you reap the rewards.

Advice to Management

Do not give up! Remember that change is inevitable. Always look to learn more and become better.

RSS Feed </> Embed