ICU Medical

Not yet rated.

Vivek Jain

Great Family Oriented Company

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) San Clemente, CA

ProsThis is a great company to work for if you're after something long term and reliable. Everybody here wants to do good in the world, since the company is so patient and caregiver oriented. Fantastic benefits.

ConsBecause everyone cares so much, this can cause some tension and division. It is fairly one-dimensional in the way of career advancement.

Issues constantly regarding nonpayment of commissions and company nepotism.

Oncology Product Specialist (Former Employee)

ProsLack of managerial oversight. The only good thing about working for this company was the bond with the great people in the sales division and the fact you didn't have to work much because you wouldn't be compensated for your efforts anyway.

ConsHorrible, ambiguous commission plan. Poorly developed products due to management ignoring feedback from field reps.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop worrying about executive compensation for upper management who does little or nothing to generate sales and concentrate on field reps compensation. They are the ones driving the sales and lack of compensation for them created apathy and terrible morale.

ICU medical is a fast paced growing company in the market

Software Engineer (Current Employee) San Clemente, CA

ProsThey are very generous in terms of providing the systems and equipments to perform your job

Consthey need a proper steering from top to bottom to drive this company. they need to implement certain best practices and put processes and policies in place

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Lies, deception, and loathing

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsPay is good. Benefits are good.

ConsEmployment by fear. Trust no one.

Advice to Senior ManagementGo pound sand. You're truly worthless.

I like this place . . .

ProsGreat products that always focus on solving a clinical need. Good environment, not a lot of politics. I like being part of a company that makes things that help people. We do.

ConsIt's hard having headquarters and manufacturing be separated by two states. Feels a bit disconnected and siloed at times. Not sure how to fix it other than moving headquarters to Salt Lake City, but I don't think many people would want to make the move from San Clemente to make that happen.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep building the company and provide opportunities for people to grow in their responsibilities and be recognized for the good work they do.

Need (effective) leaders

Automation Engineer (Former Employee) Salt Lake City, UT

ProsMany opportunities for assertive people

ConsToo many inept folks in high positions

Advice to Senior ManagementTraining programs to enlighten the dead wood?

Good for Some, Not for others.

ProsThe "open door" policy is followed by all. The pople here seem like they really care, even if they are not

ConsThe company is changing. Half the company has been here forever and is overcompensated. They originated from a small business and have been moved around from department to department as the business grew due to the fact they were no longer qualified. The other half of the company are new, OVER compensated management who were small fish in big ponds in years past and came to ICU to be a big fish in small pond. They tend to think they are better than everyone and love to preach without much action.

Great products, great people, great company

Sales (Current Employee)

ProsCompany has grown from a "Who?" company to THE leader in its field in just 20 years......I have been in the medical sales industry for 30+ years; 15+ with ICU Medical. It has been a long and fun ride. We knew what we wanted to accomplish then, and we became the leader in this industry. That mentality will live forever at ICU Medical......

ConsAt times I feel we grew to quick. Sales management, at times, has a lot to be desired. Thoes promoted into management, again, at times, were not deserving and promoted for the wrong reasons.

Advice to Senior ManagementDelegate, delegate, delagate..........

Great place to work for a self starter

Sales and Marketing Representative (Current Employee) San Clemente, CA

ProsYou have the freedom to do your job and get results without being micromanaged. You are judged by the results you achieve, not by how some mid level supervisor thinks you've done. Great environment for someone who knows what they want and knows how to do a good job without constant supervision. Very little politics. Work hard play hard kind of environment.

ConsCould use more formal training for some aspects of the job and the clinical education for reps could be beefed up, but the tools are there if you need them. Lots of long tenured employees, so upward mobility may be tougher than at some churn and burn companies out there.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep growing and keep the good parts in tact.

I have learned some very useful information

Regulatory Affairs Associate (Current Employee) Salt Lake City, UT

ProsI'm very happy with my work environment. My supervisors have been very accommodating with my work schedule by allowing me to finish my degree.

ConsThere has been a small amount confusion regarding the restructuring of my department over the last year. It was stressful for a short time but it much better now.

Worked for ICU Medical? Contribute to the Community!