ICU Medical Reviews

1. Great place to work for a self starter

Current Employee - Sales and Marketing Representative in San Clemente, CA
    Current Employee - Sales and Marketing Representative in San Clemente, CA

I have been working at ICU Medical full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

You have the freedom to do your job and get results without being micromanaged. You are judged by the results you achieve, not by how some mid level supervisor thinks you've done. Great environment for someone who knows what they want and knows how to do a good job without constant supervision. Very little politics. Work hard play hard kind of environment.

Cons

Could use more formal training for some aspects of the job and the clinical education for reps could be beefed up, but the tools are there if you need them. Lots of long tenured employees, so upward mobility may be tougher than at some churn and burn companies out there.

Advice to Management

Keep growing and keep the good parts in tact.

Great products, great people, great company

Current Employee - Sales
    Current Employee - Sales

I have been working at ICU Medical full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Company has grown from a "Who?" company to THE leader in its field in just 20 years......I have been in the medical sales industry for 30+ years; 15+ with ICU Medical. It has been a long and fun ride. We knew what we wanted to accomplish then, and we became the leader in this industry. That mentality will live forever at ICU Medical......

Cons

At times I feel we grew to quick. Sales management, at times, has a lot to be desired. Thoes promoted into management, again, at times, were not deserving and promoted for the wrong reasons.

Advice to Management

Delegate, delegate, delagate..........

I like this place . . .

I have been working at ICU Medical full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great products that always focus on solving a clinical need. Good environment, not a lot of politics. I like being part of a company that makes things that help people. We do.

Cons

It's hard having headquarters and manufacturing be separated by two states. Feels a bit disconnected and siloed at times. Not sure how to fix it other than moving headquarters to Salt Lake City, but I don't think many people would want to make the move from San Clemente to make that happen.

Advice to Management

Keep building the company and provide opportunities for people to grow in their responsibilities and be recognized for the good work they do.

5. Great company

Current Employee - Junior Product Specialist in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Junior Product Specialist in Chicago, IL

I have been working at ICU Medical full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great Managers, Great people work for this company

Cons

Restructured after 20+ years of success

Advice to Management

None

Moving in the right direction . . .

I have been working at ICU Medical full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

This company has been very successful for a very long time despite very lax oversight and management and a jock culture that was sometimes difficult to figure out, let alone break into if you didn't play hockey. New CEO came in and reorganized the company, cutting some positions that were redundant--especially in the field sales force. I think it was the right thing, but time will tell. At least he was trying to actively make a difference, something that hasn't happened for a while. And he promised to use the company's vast cash reserves to build and grow. I hope the moves prove to be successful. I like it here.

Cons

The restructuring is new, and whenever something new is put in place it takes a while for people to get over the shock of change and begin pulling in the same direction. Some people, who may have liked the fact that they weren't really held accountable in the past, have left. Others are grumbling and missing the old days. Others are stepping up and embracing the new roles. At the end of the day, I think we'll pull this off.

Advice to Management

Be flexible, listen to people, and don't allow the negative murmurings stop the positive changes. And don't be afraid to make changes in senior positions.

7. Great Family Oriented Company

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Clemente, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Clemente, CA

I have been working at ICU Medical full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

This is a great company to work for if you're after something long term and reliable. Everybody here wants to do good in the world, since the company is so patient and caregiver oriented. Fantastic benefits.

Cons

Because everyone cares so much, this can cause some tension and division. It is fairly one-dimensional in the way of career advancement.

8. Enjoyed It!

Former Employee - Sales
    Former Employee - Sales

I worked at ICU Medical full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

It was a great place to work. I enjoyed my time with all the managers and co-workers. ICU Medical manufatures Industry leading product and is dedicated to developing new and innovative product all others try to manufactures try to duplicate.

Cons

Recent corporate restructuring makes current sales force extreemly nervous about future after mass layoffs. Also, sales commission and bonus structure is weak.

9. ICU Medical

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

I worked at ICU Medical full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

There was good team work utilized to be able to complete the tasks needed.

Cons

During my work time there was multiple management changes

10. Gotta love the stock price . . .

Current Employee - Mid Level Management
    Current Employee - Mid Level Management

I have been working at ICU Medical full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

New CEO seems to have a good handle on what it takes to deliver shareholder value--and the market as a whole is reacting well. Great employee stock program. Hope everyone is taking advantage of it. Also seems to be a renewed sense of urgency around delivering the numbers.

Cons

Not everyone who has been here for a long time is on board with the changes. I think more consistent communication of what is expected and what it will take to be successful long term needs to be done. Culture is still evolving.

11. ICU

Current Employee - Automation Technician in Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - Automation Technician in Salt Lake City, UT

Pros

Medium Sized Company with small company agility. Lots of opportunity to contribute to the end product.

Cons

The company is going through some growing pains and is having some challenges adapting to its new vision

Advice to Management

Higher level management should take some time to understand the details of what is going on within the company. An atmosphere of hiding problems and issues is becoming a way of getting it done. Sweeping things under the rug will not allow issues to be resolved and in the long run will cost more. Be sure that in the effort of looking good, your employees are not playing sleight of hand.

RSS Feed </> Embed