ICx Technologies Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
2.9
Colin J. Cumming

1. Friendly production environment with diverse opportunities.

Current Contractor - Electrical/Mechanical Assembler in Alpharetta, GA
    Current Contractor - Electrical/Mechanical Assembler in Alpharetta, GA

I have been working at ICx Technologies as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

Learned several new skills on the job, and employees who had been there longer than I were friendly and willing to teach patiently. Provided training that I can carry with me to other jobs free of charge. Worked on multiple projects and work was rarely boring or monotonous.

Cons

Miscommunication was frequent between engineering, production, and purchasing departments. Part shortages were very common. Scheduling also needed work, as some weeks there was very little to do and others we were rushed to finish on time.

Advice to Management

Increase communication between departments and include production employees in company events.

2. Had potential until bought out by bigger fish

I worked at ICx Technologies full-time

Pros

Small company, great people with good intentions.

Cons

Not organized well. Management did not have the proper background or experience to be able to deal with US and Foreign governments.

3. Growing pains.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Stillwater, OK
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Stillwater, OK

Pros

You get to help fight terrorism. The real thing, not fake security. This is deeply satisfying. Innovative RnD in an environment open to new ideas. Wide range of interesting projects and technologies. Up and coming. Great people. Many great locations.

Cons

Disorganized. Mashing a bunch of small innovative companies together does not produce a big innovative company. They seem to be building power structure composed of professional suits. Trying to transform into a big company is costing some of the good things about small companies, and messing around with the corporate culture. Future of company is uncertain. Current medical insurance provider is not satisfactory.

Advice to Management

Administration is getting out of hand.

RSS Feed </> Embed