ID Analytics

ID Analytics Reviews

Updated Apr 1, 2014

ID Analytics CEO Larry McIntosh

Larry McIntosh

Great company to work for!

ProsGreat work environment, emphasis on work-life balance, promotions earned for hard work and dedication, rewarding environment, great company morale, fantastic benefits program, innovation driven company with great potential for future growth, engaging leadership team that focuses on employee satisfaction - an overall wonderful company to be a part of!

ConsI do not have anything bad to say about this company. I love working here!

Product Analyst

Senior Product Analyst (Current Employee) San Diego, CA

ProsThis company has revamped their benefits plan since being acquired by Lifelock and offers some pretty generous incentives on top of salary. The company does 100% matching on 401k up to 6% of ones salary, roth/non-roth 401k offered, and employee stock purchase program (ESPP) offered (15% @ 15% discount).

This company also offers people a unique opportunity to feel like you are actually making a difference with your day to day work. With identity theft becoming a bigger issue every day, this companies goal is to help minimize harm as a result.

ConsBeing a relatively small company working for a larger company can be confusing at time. Communication can occasionally be an issue.

Advice to Senior ManagementCommunicate with direct reports to get a status on how their manager is doing. There are times when it seems questions arise about direct managers that could easily be cleared up with an open dialogue.

Great place to work

ProsPeople are great to work with and very intelligent in their expertise, speaking only for technology departments. Benefits are great compare to companies of similar size. Management are getting much better since I started working here. The culture in here is great. People are more than welcome to help when needed.

ConsTechnology is still a bit behind. Changes are coming but slow progress.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Awesome place to work in San Diego

Technology Manager (Current Employee) San Diego, CA

ProsBonus plan for all employees! Nice upside. Seriously!!!

Culture, Culture, Culture! We have a great entrepreneurial culture and one that actually empowers people to do their best. You will love the people that work here.

One day we were all surprised when each person at the company got a 32GB iPad as a "Thank you." It was such a nice way to recognize the team. This is the type of leaders that we have. They actually take the time to recongize all the employees. It was very cool and people just loved the iPad mini.

One of my managers said it best, “We have the best of both worlds: The awesome benefits of a larger high-growth public company (LOCK) and the great work environment of a smaller business (i.e. little politics, an executive team and a CEO that is approachable, and a place where you feel like you can make a real difference).

Lots of exposure to cutting-edge technology. Both public and private cloud/hosting environments.

Big Data/Analytics company with lots of interesting problems to solve in a fast-growing market. We have a lot of PhDs that work on some pretty mind-bending stuff.

A sharp group of people that come from large high tech environments, who want to have more autonomy and control of their destiny.

You can still have some semblance of a balanced life, which means you will not be forced to make a decision between being a good father/mother or husband/wife and succeeding at your job. The management really gets it that we need to do both. Deliver results for the business AND also deliver on our personal commitments..

Cons1. Cons – There is a high expectation placed on excellence in everything we do.
    2. In a smaller business, there is a lot more visibility and accountability. This is not place where you can hide! ;)
    3. This company is very much an "in-the-office" culture. Don't expect to work from home regularly. There is lots of flexibility but if you insist that you need to WFH, then this place won't be a good fit.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to work on ways to innovate and increase our value to our clients. We have a lot of great data that we can do so much with it.

Need to invest more in the new and emerging markets.

BTW: Thanks for introducing a bonus plan for ALL employees! It’s great to share the success with everyone who works hard to make the business run and succeed.

World Class Company with Great People

ProsI've been at IDA for over two years and find it the best place I've ever worked at. The people are amazing, from the technology support staff all the way up to the leadership team. At my old company I had to know who to avoid because some people were never happy. That type of person doesn't exist here. There is an open door policy and anyone can bring any issue or concern up to the team. Do you want to use your own mobile phone at IDA? Bring it an get a monthly check for $100 to cover your service. Do you prefer a Mac or a PC? You get to pick your system. The facilities are being upgraded to compete with the ever evolving bay area climate. From a work ethic perspective, the leadership team keeps it real. No excessive hours, just do your job and meet your commitment. We run an agile development shop so the teams commit to their work, dates don't get pushed down. Product owners may request date but the leadership team respects the scrum teams.

ConsUntil recently we've been slow to adopt new technologies but that's changing big time. A couple of departments seem to be stronger than others and people know which those are but the leadership team has heard that issue, from what I can tell, and is bolstering the other major department. Things still get done most quickly by a couple of old timers and as a previous review said it appears there's some favorites. Fortunately these are minor concerns.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep the ship on the current compass heading, great waters lie ahead.

Unbelievable camaraderie. Amazing benefits. Great leadership.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) San Diego, CA

ProsDue to the recent hiring of some top notch leadership, ID Analytics has become a hub for technology innovation, collaboration and has transformed its culture. I absolutely love going into work everyday because the people here are courteous, level headed, and really live up to their high standards. Senior leadership has the company on the right track, and having LifeLock as a parent company has proven to be very beneficial for the employees of ID Analytics. The executives and HR teams really listen to the employees' feedback, and morale is higher here than any other place I've ever worked.

ConsThe product's complexity can be daunting at times, however the data scientists do their best to provide training on how the engine really works.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you're doing, you're on the right path with the recent hires you've made, I just hope you do not lose sight of how important a 'small company' mentality is as the company grows and is successful.

Cutting edge products combating the complex issue of Identity Fraud!!!

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) San Diego, CA

ProsID Analytics is a company that has continually raised the bar since its inception in 2002. With the LifeLock acquisition, IDA has continually invested in attracting and retaining top talent within the organization. Recently a number of key hires have been brought on-board at the Executive and Director levels, proving the organization is committed to taking things to the next level.

Our products are interesting and provided cutting edge protection against one of the most prevalent dangers facing consumers and corporations, identity fraud. The people are extremely intelligent, the benefits are top notch, and things are looking up!

ConsThe ID Analytics products are very complex and the regulations facing the organization are ever changing. It can be difficult to fully understand the intricacies of the company out of the gate, because the industry is so unique.

Great people and innovative products!

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) San Diego, CA

ProsVery intelligent and hard working coworkers.
    Benefits are very generous - 6% company match on 401(k)!
    The company strives to be the best at what it produces and the leadership team is in clear support of that strategy.

ConsVery "lean" organization - you often have to do several different jobs as part of your job.

Technology firm that is still stuck in the late 90's

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) San Diego, CA

ProsID Analytics is like an old house that was built on a solid foundation. Unfortunately a solid foundation isn't enough to keep a house attractive to live in.

People: The people who work for IDA are kind of a mixed bag. Depending on the department you work for you'll find either highly intelligent and hard working individuals or folks with an extremely poor work ethic. For the most part though everyone is keen on getting the job done.

Culture: Very buttoned up. Managerial hierarchy is very important here. While an open door management policy is expressed it's most certainly not welcomed. There isn't a lot of departmental backstabbing but individuals who've been here (5+ years) for a while have an unusually high amount of clout whether or not there is any merit to what they're saying.

Technology: Another mixed bag. While there are lot of interesting things to keep you busy ID Analytics seems to be stuck in the late 90's. Most departments are extremely change averse. This isn't a software company and it's beginning to look like it isn't a data analytics company either. There seems to be more of an emphasis on maintaining the status quo as opposed to real innovation.

Work/Life Balance: Probably the best thing about this company.

Growth/Vision: Solid. There definitely is a clear vision for what we want to accomplish.

Salary/Benefits: Market average - not bad but nothing to call home about either.

ConsOver the last couple of years the quality of people hired into the company has been going down. This is partially due to poor hiring policies and also due to the lack of real talent in the San Diego market.

ID Analytics is great at developing business strategy but absolutely horrible at executing them.

Communication (both in and outside of departments) is subpar. People are not encouraged to speak openly.

Employees are not given the opportunity to break out of the mold or experiment and try things that could potentially advance the companies interests.

With the recent acquisition by LifeLock it's unclear what the future of ID Analytics will look like.

Advice to Senior ManagementBreak down communication barriers.
    Have a *real* open door policy.
    Bring back the top notch hiring standards we used to have.
    Stop hiring individuals with sub-par work ethic.
    Start hiring people who want to change this company for the better.
    Encourage innovation and stop being so change averse.
    Allow individual contributors to anonymously and frequently (performance) review managers.

Definitely a cool place to work.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) San Diego, CA

ProsDefinitely a cool place to work. The majority of the people here are extremely friendly and easy to work with. There's a steep learning curve for new employees, so having friendly coworkers is a huge plus. If there's one thing to brag about to your friends, it's the data center.

ConsFor a while it felt like the company was experiencing some growing pains, but things are looking up due to recent changes in management, and the willingness to adopt new technology and rework existing processes.

Worked for ID Analytics? Contribute to the Community!