ID Business Solutions Reviews

1. Challenging and stressful workplace

Former Employee - Team Lead
    Former Employee - Team Lead

I worked at ID Business Solutions

Pros

They are in a good market that is in need of IDBS products. Company is trying to listen to the market to determine their roadmap. They have many dedicated people and it is overall a friendly place.

Cons

25 year old company that is still very immature. Processes are very ad hoc. Very little oversight. The manage from crisis to crisis. Pay varies a lot.

Advice to Management

Bring on new products. Don't just enhance existing products. Adopt a few processes at a time and refine them as you go. Don't keep trying to roll out grand initiatives

Apr 29, 2015Global Head of HR

Thanks for the feedback. I'm disappointed to see your review labelled as a stressful workplace but challenging is something many of our employees strive for. Getting that balance right is important ... More

2. Great place to work

I worked at ID Business Solutions full-time

Pros

When I joined IDBS I was given great opportunities to develop both technical and soft skills. The people I worked with were all very qualified and the working environment is friendly.

Cons

As it is still quite a small company, the scope for career progression can sometimes be limited. However, there are plenty of opportunities to move laterally.

Advice to Management

Ensure that employees that perform well and show promise, not only are made aware of their contribution but are rewarded appropriately for their hard work.

May 21, 2015Global Head of HR

Thank you for taking the time to provide this feedback. I'm pleased to hear that your experience with IDBS was positive. Don't forget to follow us on LinkedIn and keep an eye out on our careers ... More

3. Continually evolving

Current Employee - Anonymous in Guildford, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Anonymous in Guildford, England (UK)

I have been working at ID Business Solutions full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Different company to the one I originally joined - but in a good way; opportunities to really make a difference. Really good benefits generally for the company size.
    Free vending including drinks, snacks and fruit
    We do cool stuff to help transform lives

Cons

Size of the business means there's nowhere to hide if you want to be a passenger and just drift along (I actually see this as a positive)
    Parking can be a challenge.

Advice to Management

be a bit more visible day to day - some of the leadership are great at this but not all

5. Joined in the last year, enjoying the challenge and learning a lot!

Current Employee - Corporate Services
    Current Employee - Corporate Services

I have been working at ID Business Solutions full-time

Pros

Company making the transition from small start up to bigger operation so plenty of scope to get involved and help set up processes.
    Great opportunity to learn a lot and take responsibility.
    Less formal structure means there's scope to have your voice heard and good ideas get an airing.
    With offices in the UK, US and Europe, it feels more international in outlook than you might expect in a company this size.
    A lot of people have a real vision of how they want to improve the company and their enthusiasm shows.
    Excellent opportunities to train internally and externally.
    General lack of bitchiness, open communication. friendly people.

Cons

Company making the transition from small start up to bigger operation ;) The downside is that if you're used to process and clear hierarchy it can be a bit of a culture shock.
    Less formal structure means it takes a lot longer to get all the necessary people on board to take a final decision.
    Holiday allowance is legal minimum - which is strange because the benefits package overall is very good.

Advice to Management

Do something about holiday allowance, improve processes and infrastructure for decision making and internal comms, make decision-making responsibilities clearer

Apr 29, 2015Global Head of HR

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review about your experience within IDBS and I'm really pleased to see that there are many positives about working with us.

6. Smart people, decent products, but upper management changes direction and seems distracted, and has wasted money

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

I worked at ID Business Solutions

Pros

A smart bunch of people to work with, good ideas. Decent office environments with opportunity for advancement. Good technology and some groundbreaking work

Cons

Still has divisions between product groups, internal conflict. Some old fashioned ideas at the top. Tries to be too many things to too many industries, which waters down product direction. Their venture into translational medicine was a bit of a farce. Has bought companies without a decent understanding of their markets and technologies, which has cost them

Advice to Management

Turn a profit, get bought, promote some of the younger smarter people and get rid of the old guard.

Apr 29, 2015Global Head of HR

Thanks for the feedback; we've made a number of significant changes to our delivery organisation during 2015 which are aligned to improving the employment experience as well as delivering customer ... More

7. Not a bad company some good products, but

I worked at ID Business Solutions full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Flexible working around core hours, good investment in staff

Cons

Pay could be better. Working from home policy is bent for some employees. Location is not that good if you commute by public transport.

Advice to Management

Talk about what is happening more outside the company to the staff

Apr 29, 2015Global Head of HR

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review about your employment experience with IDBS. You're right that we do need to talk more and are focused on fixing that.

8. Somewhat dysfunctional, distant CEO, unrealistic aspirations

I worked at ID Business Solutions (More than a year)

Pros

Good salary, decent offices, people are generally friendly.

Cons

Lots of politics, management seems to change direction after one failed project after another. Needs to either focus on core expertise or acquire expertise in different market segments, not try to straddle the fence.

Apr 29, 2015Global Head of HR

Thanks for your feedback. We are working hard to address the cons you have mentioned in your review and genuinely believe that IDBS is progressing well on our transformational journey.

RSS Feed </> Embed