IDEXX Laboratories, Inc.

Updated December 14, 2014
3.2

IDEXX Laboratories, Inc. Chairman, President, and CEO Jon Ayers
Jon Ayers

Pros
  • IDEXX has a lot of great people who foster a highly innovative work environment (in 10 reviews)

• The company does have good benefits and within certain teams, there is still a nice environment (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • Claim to be pro-work/life balance but will not change your schedule at all (in 12 reviews)

• Upper management is only focused on the Westbrook offices (in 10 reviews)

More Highlights

Great Place, Great Industry, Fast Paced

Current Employee - Manager in Westbrook, ME
    Current Employee - Manager in Westbrook, ME

I have been working at IDEXX Laboratories, Inc. full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

If you want to work at a world class organization in high tech / Life Sciences, and enjoy all the benefits of a great company and great lifestyle being in Maine, there is one company: IDEXX.

IDEXX is an entrepreneurial growth company with a deep passion for serving customers, and winning in the marketplace. Also, a great place to work if you love animals, since the companies products extend their lives and improve their health.

Cons

The pace of change is fast, so you have to be prepared to learn quickly and go outside your comfort zone. If you're looking for a 9 to 5 job, there are those opportunities, but don't expect rapid progression.

Keep the focus on IDEXX as a growth company, don't get sucked into big company approaches and fads!

Great company, great culture

Former Employee - Intern - Hourly in Westbrook, ME
    Former Employee - Intern - Hourly in Westbrook, ME

I worked at IDEXX Laboratories, Inc.

Pros

great work environment, emphasis on employee development, caring coworkers, experienced leaders, I rarely heard a bad thing about the company both inside and out

Cons

some management is not great, different departments should collaborate more (sometimes the company can feel very siloed)

continue cultivating a sense of innovation in the company

Medical Technologist

Current Employee - Medical Technologist in Greensboro, NC
    Current Employee - Medical Technologist in Greensboro, NC

I have been working at IDEXX Laboratories, Inc. full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

work life balance personal growth benefits

Cons

Human Resources, Holiday Scheduling is not the best company decides to give the all employees off but have to take it unpaid if they don't have the vacation time when people are willing to work so as not to take a hit on there hours.

More Virtual employment would open a vast majority of applicants both internal and external. Also Corporate headquarters being in Maine turns people off as there is limited opportunities compared to other regional locations.

Customer Support Consultant

Current Employee - Customer Support Consultant in Westbrook, ME
    Current Employee - Customer Support Consultant in Westbrook, ME

I have been working at IDEXX Laboratories, Inc. full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

good pay, good people to work with, management is very nice. You have paid vacation, time off ...There's always something to learn and the company is growing and innovating everyday.

Cons

call volume , but it's getting better since people are hired almost everyday.

It was a great experience and pretty laid back environment

Current Employee - Histotechnician in Memphis, TN
    Current Employee - Histotechnician in Memphis, TN

I have been working at IDEXX Laboratories, Inc. full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Pays well!! and professional co workers

Cons

The shift is 3rd so if you are not a overnight person then this will be a dilemma

Love the company and what it does for vets and pets

I have been working at IDEXX Laboratories, Inc. full-time

Pros

IDEXX is an amazing company for what it offers to the veterinarians. The number of new products and tests that come out that help vets with their clients is just amazing. And you can readily see it in the way customers respond. The new move to expand the sales force to better serve customers, and make the job easier for the reps is brilliant. With smaller territories, we will be able to spend even more time with each of our customers, helping them become better practices, and helping more pets and their owners in the process. I also love it that the company reimburses me for taking my pet to the vet to run IDEXX bloodwork, and then allows me see the all the results online with our new software. What other company does that?

Cons

You must be committed to your job, this is not a place just to 'get by'. I wouldn't want it any other way, and I certainly won't want teammates with that attitude.

Love the new, much more flexible paid time off policy for 2015 - thanks for listening

Best Place to work for

I have been working at IDEXX Laboratories, Inc. full-time

Pros

It is a great company to work for with so many opportunities and much momentum. They truly care about their employees and employee engagement is a top priority which you can feel everyday.

Cons

It is a high pace environment and you have to be able to keep up with the speed that the company is going.

I was hired as a call center dispatch , answering incoming calls and route drivers to pick up samples, making copies,

Current Employee - Call Center Dispatch in West Sacramento, CA
    Current Employee - Call Center Dispatch in West Sacramento, CA

I have been working at IDEXX Laboratories, Inc. as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

this company was very exciting since I work there for few weeks I learned a lot of news things, small group and learned about lab

Cons

distance was good, with benefits, culture

we handle dead lines, office culture, leadership was excellent

Professional organization committed to serving clients

Former Employee - Specimen Processor I in Markham, ON (Canada)
    Former Employee - Specimen Processor I in Markham, ON (Canada)

I worked at IDEXX Laboratories, Inc. as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

Flexible, interaction with department members, team player, commitment to innovation, attention to detail of diagnostic disease testing

Cons

Overnight shift; unless you ask, inability to perform training for advanced/promotional positions.

Could be ideal place for fundraising

I think IDEXX is the right place to make a lot of money on a hard-working job.

I have been working at IDEXX Laboratories, Inc.

Pros

IDEXX offers very high-paying jobs. Work hard, stay focused.

Cons

There is a lot of work time, but it's worth it for the money.

I'd like some info how to get a Staff Engineering job.

IDEXX Laboratories, Inc. Photos