IDEXX Laboratories, Inc.

IDEXX Laboratories, Inc. Reviews

Updated Jul 21, 2014

IDEXX Laboratories, Inc. Chairman, President, and CEO Jon Ayers

Jon Ayers

Pros
  • The business is growing, pay is good, fellow employees bright and capable(in 6 reviews)

• New collaborative work environment which allows employees to work freely in mobile space(in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • Claim to be pro-work/life balance but will not change your schedule at all(in 9 reviews)

• Inexperienced local senior management(in 9 reviews)

Professional organization committed to serving clients

Specimen Processor I (Former Employee) Markham, ON (Canada)

ProsFlexible, interaction with department members, team player, commitment to innovation, attention to detail of diagnostic disease testing

ConsOvernight shift; unless you ask, inability to perform training for advanced/promotional positions.

Advice to Senior ManagementCould be ideal place for fundraising

I think IDEXX is the right place to make a lot of money on a hard-working job.

ProsIDEXX offers very high-paying jobs. Work hard, stay focused.

ConsThere is a lot of work time, but it's worth it for the money.

Advice to Senior ManagementI'd like some info how to get a Staff Engineering job.

Opportunity to roll up your sleeves and make a difference

ProsThe people - so different from other employees you find in a metropolitan area (like Boston). There is a genuine caring in the company for the work and the people. It is a collaborative environment where your ideas can be shared with other. Feedback and support is great.

ConsWork load is heavy but the vision for where the company wants to go is there.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep listening to your customers and your employees.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Lovely

ProsLots of challenges, people are great.

ConsSalary is low relative to other markets (Boston, New Jersey etc).

Design Engineering has it good.

R&D Design Engineer (Current Employee) Westbrook, ME

ProsThe overall mood and vibe is very positive and optimistic. The benefits are good. "They" seem to care if the employees are happy. Scheduling is flexible (department and position- dependent).

ConsThe constantly changing priorities and the resource allocation that goes along with it can be frustrating. Also frustrating is that Engineering raises and promotions don't keep pace with the market. New Employees will invariably be hired at higher salaries than existing employees at the same level.

Good for interns

Human Resources Intern (Former Employee) Westbrook, ME

ProsIntern program was fantastic; we were treated well. As far as the company: Good strategic vision, innovative company, very well-kept facilities and good culture. Well-managed and full of passionate people who strive to be the best.

ConsA bit large, meaning that sometimes you feel lost (not in the IDEXX buildings, but meaning that there are lots of employees.)

Advice to Senior ManagementEngage with your employees a bit more, and make yourselves better known to the interns. Bar my own executive supervisor, I saw very little of the executives while there—I wish I had seen more of them.

Dream job!

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Memphis, TN

ProsGreat communication with executive team and HR business partners. You are never left alone they are always there to help.

Very upbeat company! Always positive outlook...management motivates staff and rewards them for hard work. No micromanagers here... In fact, managers are sent to orientation where they learn to communicate with staff correctly.

Innovative! Very Google like. IDEXX is committed to quality products and service , providing a positive work atmosphere and creating corporate culture of a family business.

They actually care about their staff! I can say this about my department, my up line... They listen to my suggestions and give me the opportunity to implement new strategies. It's called having faith in your people... IDEXX has it!

I found my dream job!

ConsPay scale is a bit off. There should be a bigger gap than $2- 3 dollars an hour between staff and manager salary. Salary should mirror experience, reputation and skills....not where you live or based on previous managers salary.

There is also a little too much interference from low level techs (from other labs) with little or no experience in matters that don't concern them. But I suspect IDEXX is already working on this.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work!

Trainer

ProsGreat Corporate Company, generous to employees

ConsNot a lot of movement once you are in your position

Great Company to work for!

Customer Support Consultant (Current Employee) Westbrook, ME

ProsThey care about their employees, not "just" their business!

ConsSome late hours due to having to support different time zones.

Advice to Senior ManagementMy boss is the best boss I have ever had at any job!

Very friendly and family oriented

Customer Support Consultant (Current Employee) Westbrook, ME

Prosseveral learning opportunities and training

Conswould like to work from home

Worked for IDEXX Laboratories, Inc.? Contribute to the Community!