IDEXX Laboratories, Inc.

Updated October 29, 2014
3.2

IDEXX Laboratories, Inc. Chairman, President, and CEO Jon Ayers
Jon Ayers

Pros
  • IDEXX has a lot of great people who foster a highly innovative work environment (in 10 reviews)

• Good pay, work that means something (in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • Claim to be pro-work/life balance but will not change your schedule at all (in 11 reviews)

• Inexperienced local senior management (in 9 reviews)

More Highlights

It was a great experience and pretty laid back environment

Current Employee - Histotechnician in Memphis, TN
    Current Employee - Histotechnician in Memphis, TN

I have been working at IDEXX Laboratories, Inc. full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Pays well!! and professional co workers

Cons

The shift is 3rd so if you are not a overnight person then this will be a dilemma

Love the company and what it does for vets and pets

I have been working at IDEXX Laboratories, Inc. full-time

Pros

IDEXX is an amazing company for what it offers to the veterinarians. The number of new products and tests that come out that help vets with their clients is just amazing. And you can readily see it in the way customers respond. The new move to expand the sales force to better serve customers, and make the job easier for the reps is brilliant. With smaller territories, we will be able to spend even more time with each of our customers, helping them become better practices, and helping more pets and their owners in the process. I also love it that the company reimburses me for taking my pet to the vet to run IDEXX bloodwork, and then allows me see the all the results online with our new software. What other company does that?

Cons

You must be committed to your job, this is not a place just to 'get by'. I wouldn't want it any other way, and I certainly won't want teammates with that attitude.

Love the new, much more flexible paid time off policy for 2015 - thanks for listening

Best Place to work for

I have been working at IDEXX Laboratories, Inc. full-time

Pros

It is a great company to work for with so many opportunities and much momentum. They truly care about their employees and employee engagement is a top priority which you can feel everyday.

Cons

It is a high pace environment and you have to be able to keep up with the speed that the company is going.

I was hired as a call center dispatch , answering incoming calls and route drivers to pick up samples, making copies,

Current Employee - Call Center Dispatch in West Sacramento, CA
    Current Employee - Call Center Dispatch in West Sacramento, CA

I have been working at IDEXX Laboratories, Inc. as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

this company was very exciting since I work there for few weeks I learned a lot of news things, small group and learned about lab

Cons

distance was good, with benefits, culture

we handle dead lines, office culture, leadership was excellent

Professional organization committed to serving clients

Former Employee - Specimen Processor I in Markham, ON (Canada)
    Former Employee - Specimen Processor I in Markham, ON (Canada)

I worked at IDEXX Laboratories, Inc. as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

Flexible, interaction with department members, team player, commitment to innovation, attention to detail of diagnostic disease testing

Cons

Overnight shift; unless you ask, inability to perform training for advanced/promotional positions.

Could be ideal place for fundraising

I think IDEXX is the right place to make a lot of money on a hard-working job.

I have been working at IDEXX Laboratories, Inc.

Pros

IDEXX offers very high-paying jobs. Work hard, stay focused.

Cons

There is a lot of work time, but it's worth it for the money.

I'd like some info how to get a Staff Engineering job.

Opportunity to roll up your sleeves and make a difference

I have been working at IDEXX Laboratories, Inc. full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The people - so different from other employees you find in a metropolitan area (like Boston). There is a genuine caring in the company for the work and the people. It is a collaborative environment where your ideas can be shared with other. Feedback and support is great.

Cons

Work load is heavy but the vision for where the company wants to go is there.

Keep listening to your customers and your employees.

Lovely

I have been working at IDEXX Laboratories, Inc. full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Lots of challenges, people are great.

Cons

Salary is low relative to other markets (Boston, New Jersey etc).

Design Engineering has it good.

Current Employee - R&D Design Engineer in Westbrook, ME
    Current Employee - R&D Design Engineer in Westbrook, ME

I have been working at IDEXX Laboratories, Inc. full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

The overall mood and vibe is very positive and optimistic. The benefits are good. "They" seem to care if the employees are happy. Scheduling is flexible (department and position- dependent).

Cons

The constantly changing priorities and the resource allocation that goes along with it can be frustrating. Also frustrating is that Engineering raises and promotions don't keep pace with the market. New Employees will invariably be hired at higher salaries than existing employees at the same level.

Good for interns

Former Employee - Human Resources Intern in Westbrook, ME
    Former Employee - Human Resources Intern in Westbrook, ME

I worked at IDEXX Laboratories, Inc. as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

Intern program was fantastic; we were treated well. As far as the company: Good strategic vision, innovative company, very well-kept facilities and good culture. Well-managed and full of passionate people who strive to be the best.

Cons

A bit large, meaning that sometimes you feel lost (not in the IDEXX buildings, but meaning that there are lots of employees.)

Engage with your employees a bit more, and make yourselves better known to the interns. Bar my own executive supervisor, I saw very little of the executives while there—I wish I had seen more of them.

IDEXX Laboratories, Inc. Photos