IDEXX Laboratories, Inc. Reviews

Updated April 15, 2015
206 reviews filtered by

discrimination on promotion, opportunity, hiring process and recognitions

Current Employee - Manufactoring Tech in Westbrook, ME
    Current Employee - Manufactoring Tech in Westbrook, ME

I have been working at IDEXX Laboratories, Inc. full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Cons

the company leadership only family member advance and you must have European last name or Color skin. 100% HR and Supervisors work on that values. I have seen employee been promoted, not because experience, education or the training. because her father or her aunt work upper building. after 8 years working for IDEXX I quite. I have seen employee I have trained making $2 more then me. I staid only I need money to pay my mortgage. thank god I have move one.

Advice to Management

fire all supervisor and change HR managers and give employees the opportunity to advance with there degrees and training skills. start looking your logs because there are employees who are working for the company more 10 years making less then employees with family member working upper building or color there skin or there last name don't sound like European name. will you do that that is the question????????????

2. It is a Good place to work

Current Employee - Anonymous
    Current Employee - Anonymous

I have been working at IDEXX Laboratories, Inc.

Pros

Good people work there very helpfull

Cons

Needs more employees, you feel bad when you ask for time off because it leaves your team shorthanded

Advice to Management

Hire more people

Great Industry, Wrong Company

Former Employee - Senior Marketing Manager in Westbrook, ME
    Former Employee - Senior Marketing Manager in Westbrook, ME

I worked at IDEXX Laboratories, Inc. full-time (more than a year)

Pros

The companion animal side of their business is growing dramatically and their business model of "criterizing" human medicine highly profitable. Growth and opportunities abound.

Cons

Many employees are in positions for which they have little or no qualification to be in, especially those from the earliest days. Politics prevail beyond all else and are counter productive to business growth.

Advice to Management

Ask why world-class experts brought in from the outside typically leave the organization quickly.

5. I was hired as a call center dispatch , answering incoming calls and route drivers to pick up samples, making copies,

Current Intern - Call Center Dispatch in West Sacramento, CA
    Current Intern - Call Center Dispatch in West Sacramento, CA

I have been working at IDEXX Laboratories, Inc. as an intern (less than a year)

Pros

this company was very exciting since I work there for few weeks I learned a lot of news things, small group and learned about lab

Cons

distance was good, with benefits, culture

Advice to Management

we handle dead lines, office culture, leadership was excellent

Customer support consultant

Current Employee - Customer Support Consultant in Westbrook, ME
    Current Employee - Customer Support Consultant in Westbrook, ME

I have been working at IDEXX Laboratories, Inc. full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Support is different every single day, does not get boring. People who work in support care about the customers and are highly intelligent.

Cons

Can be difficult to move out of support into other opportunities in the company. Highly technical skilled people are not always considered for promotions.

Advice to Management

Consider in house career fairs for customer support, they are the heart and soul of the company and are very loyal. They see and understand why IDEXX is successful: the customer

7. Love my job!

Current Employee - Customer Support Trainer
    Current Employee - Customer Support Trainer

I have been working at IDEXX Laboratories, Inc. full-time

Pros

IDEXX focuses heavily on customer and employee satisfaction. The company is remarkably open to change, and empowers ambitious employees to make a positive difference in their own work environment.

Cons

Some levels of management have a very limited knowledge of the job responsibilities of their direct reports. This can lead to unfair raises / reviews / promotions for these people as their supervisor does not understand their value to the business.

Advice to Management

Employee engagement needs to come from a place of understanding. Management should make a real effort to understand the talents and challenges of their employees, rather than relying on arbitrary and narrow metrics to judge their value.

8. One of the best companies I have ever worked for.

I have been working at IDEXX Laboratories, Inc. full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Great benefits; empowering; people I work with.

Cons

Corporate sometimes doesn't realize how important the field employees/locations are to the success of the entire company. The politics are evident and that can sometimes prevent others from being able to advance.

Advice to Management

Acknowledge the value field employees/locations bring to the organization; politics exist yet those in corporate seem to have blinders on about it. At least validate that they do exist as we see the actions/non-actions that are associated with it.

So so.

I have been working at IDEXX Laboratories, Inc.

Pros

Industry leader with great products, service, and tenure of employees. Financially stable company.

Cons

The earnings for the sales reps isn't even close to the amount of hours you spend trying to hit your numbers. Working 60+ hours and only making $130-$150k is a joke. Not to mention all of the training meetings and weekend seminars that you have to attend. Taking time off only means that you have to log extra calls before or after you get back plus the risk of losing a deal.

Advice to Management

For all of the talk about how great the company is doing you never hear a mention on how that's going to benefit the employees. You hear about work/life balance but there really is none.

Good entry level job not much job growth

Former Employee - Laboratory Technician III in Grafton, MA
    Former Employee - Laboratory Technician III in Grafton, MA

I worked at IDEXX Laboratories, Inc. full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Good entry level job and consistent work.

Cons

False information regarding movement within unit at hire.

Great in many ways, terrible in others

I have been working at IDEXX Laboratories, Inc. full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The working environment is, for the most part, great. IDEXX seems to like taking care of its people.

Cons

HR is terrible at working with applicants for any job. There really isn't anything they seem to do right.

Advice to Management

Have HR change the way they rate things. Be willing to let go of previous directions when they become the wrong direction.

IDEXX Laboratories, Inc. Photos