IDEXX Laboratories, Inc. Reviews

Medical Technologist

Current Employee - Medical Technologist in Greensboro, NC
    Current Employee - Medical Technologist in Greensboro, NC

I have been working at IDEXX Laboratories, Inc. full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

work life balance personal growth benefits

Cons

Human Resources, Holiday Scheduling is not the best company decides to give the all employees off but have to take it unpaid if they don't have the vacation time when people are willing to work so as not to take a hit on there hours.

Advice to Management

More Virtual employment would open a vast majority of applicants both internal and external. Also Corporate headquarters being in Maine turns people off as there is limited opportunities compared to other regional locations.

Poor management, employees don't care.

I have been working at IDEXX Laboratories, Inc.

Pros

Good benefits, good pay

Cons

Poor management, employees do not care about their work.

Advice to Management

Get rid of employees that are the problems, make this a company that is enjoyable to work at.

Enjoyed the relationships with my customers, hated the pressure to impose IDEXX's will on the veterinary market.

Former Employee - Sales Consultant
    Former Employee - Sales Consultant

I worked at IDEXX Laboratories, Inc. full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Company has great product foresight for veterinary industry and robust pipeline of products. They are always looking for the next "best in class" product to bring to veterinarians to better their business and provide value to their customers.

Cons

Everything is not what they say it will be. Proceed with caution when considering a career with this company.

Advice to Management

You focus too much on arbitrary numbers to gain the approval of Wall Street. You will continue to loose quality employees that effectively promote the value that IDEXX can provide to the veterinary industry.

Great company with high expectations

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Westbrook, ME
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Westbrook, ME

I have been working at IDEXX Laboratories, Inc. full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Stable, high-growth, successful company Challenging environment that pushes employees' limits and increases employees' skill sets Really smart and passionate CEO A company that strives to help vets, pets, and people -- a great mission

Cons

Demanding company that is growing quickly but not all areas are getting additional resources to keep up with the growth -- expectations are always increasing, which results in increased stress, pressure, and overload of work. It's difficult at times to feel like you're doing good work given the many directions people are pulled in.

Advice to Management

Always keep in mind that people are your most important resource. Don't burn out your good employees by having them compensate for others who aren't pulling their weight, just to avoid difficult conversations. Remember that the company will have more success growing quickly if you give your employees a chance to experience a reasonable work/life balance. Running people into the ground might produce short-term results but not long-term sustainability.

6. Customer Support Consultant

Current Employee - Customer Support Consultant in Westbrook, ME
    Current Employee - Customer Support Consultant in Westbrook, ME

I have been working at IDEXX Laboratories, Inc. full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

good pay, good people to work with, management is very nice. You have paid vacation, time off ...There's always something to learn and the company is growing and innovating everyday.

Cons

call volume , but it's getting better since people are hired almost everyday.

Good Pay but very hostile upper management

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

I worked at IDEXX Laboratories, Inc. full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good Pay and Benefits The company enjoys monopolistic (nearly) market but doing enough to retain talent

Cons

Very poor Upper Management, lot of Micro management, only supervisors who would not care for their reports are liked by Upper management, Human values take a back seat. Poor work Life balance. GM believes in work by Gut feeling and not based of values and data. very weird middle and upper Management.

Advice to Management

Think People, Scrutinize your middle management.

It was a great experience and pretty laid back environment

Current Employee - Histotechnician in Memphis, TN
    Current Employee - Histotechnician in Memphis, TN

I have been working at IDEXX Laboratories, Inc. full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Pays well!! and professional co workers

Cons

The shift is 3rd so if you are not a overnight person then this will be a dilemma

Beware to any professional, this is not a traditional company in management and Culture! Work here at your own risk!

I have been working at IDEXX Laboratories, Inc. full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Can't think of one but the poor common down to the earth people left behind in the Idexx haze of unneeded stress due to poor management, culture and business model is the companies only asset.

Cons

In the modern era it amazed me in how the worker bees are poorly treated and paid. It's a modern version of an American sweatshop. Everyone has one leg in one leg out looking for a job because of the poor culture & pay which means no one cares and only put's 50-75% effort to the task which causes a number of other issues for the company.

Advice to Management

Consider a traditional business model, spend time with the common man / woman employee to see what the common denominator is of your poor mid level management and how they are destroying what morale is left.

upper management has bigger role to play, keep employees dawn and pay rate differs by race.

Former Employee - Lab Technician in Westbrook, ME
    Former Employee - Lab Technician in Westbrook, ME

I worked at IDEXX Laboratories, Inc. full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I have worked for 7 year IDEXX Lab at Westbrook and it is the worst company to get better pay or advance specially if your last name sound not like European descendent, You better have a family member working at upper level to get advantages to advance your career. even If you have the training or the knowledge / degree to the job well. you make less your counterpart , who don't have the knowledge or the degree.

Cons

after working 7 year I came up an improvement that would save the company $100,000 every year and as long as that company is open. I was the one who invented the tool for them what did I got $50 gift card, my collage got 20X more them me, discrimination to the teeth. even when I gave them 2 week notification, If I apply to a different company a job they want respond to the company X, if you use them as reference because you have work at IDEXX + 7 years. discrimination is in full practice from HR to supervisor.

Advice to Management

start firing some supervisors that HR know do discriminate and stop hiring or giving only family member the opportunity to advice. last one I have start working for IDEXX back in 2004 and left 2014 , my pay rate from $10.5 hourly end 13.5. to find out an employee I have trained and was doing same job as I was doing was making and worked less the 5 years making $16.5 hourly. just because his or her last name sounded European and had a family member working upper office.

11. Love the company and what it does for vets and pets

I have been working at IDEXX Laboratories, Inc. full-time

Pros

IDEXX is an amazing company for what it offers to the veterinarians. The number of new products and tests that come out that help vets with their clients is just amazing. And you can readily see it in the way customers respond. The new move to expand the sales force to better serve customers, and make the job easier for the reps is brilliant. With smaller territories, we will be able to spend even more time with each of our customers, helping them become better practices, and helping more pets and their owners in the process. I also love it that the company reimburses me for taking my pet to the vet to run IDEXX bloodwork, and then allows me see the all the results online with our new software. What other company does that?

Cons

You must be committed to your job, this is not a place just to 'get by'. I wouldn't want it any other way, and I certainly won't want teammates with that attitude.

Advice to Management

Love the new, much more flexible paid time off policy for 2015 - thanks for listening

RSS Feed </> Embed