IDI Billing

Updated Jun 16, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Donald Culeton

Great place to work and contribute

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Victor, NY

ProsVery smart people who know their stuff and can be very creative in solving problems. There is also a good work-life balance and flexibility. The work is challenging and there is the opportunity to contribute directly on a regular basis. The telecom industry itself is fast-paced and never dull, something is always changing, which makes the work interesting.

ConsGrowth has been steady, but there is a lot of competition in the market. Some of the smaller departments don't add resources often, so there is have little opportunity to be promoted.

Close knit work environment

Service Desk Technician (Current Employee) Victor, NY

ProsWorking in a small company like IDI you develop a good relationship with your co-workers, the culture is great and I haven't had a negative experience yet. It's a fun work environment where everyone is friendly towards each other but all acknowledge that there is work to be done.

ConsOften times in such a small company there can be an issue of work overload for some employees. This can make it difficult to get in contact with people when needing guidance or to discuss current or future projects.

Best place I've ever worked!

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Victor, NY

ProsThe company is very family focused with a great work-life balance and fun to work at as well. Overall it has a focus on software development but everyone is acknowledged as being important to the overall health of the company. There are lots of ways to get recognized both internally and externally. Management at all levels have been very open to talk through things and are willing to work to make things better. Everyone acts like one big team pushing towards the common goal.

ConsGrowing pains have caused some hurt feelings and like someone else mentioned - the very low turnover rate makes it hard to advance quickly.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Fun, Friendly Work Environment

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Victor, NY

ProsWorking at IDI feels very much like being part of a family. Employees are friendly and there is a very real sense of camaraderie. This is an engineering-driven organization, with significant marketing input to guide development initiatives. Benefits are excellent and pay is on par with similarly-sized organizations in the Rochester area. Management is very transparent about corporate finances despite being a privately held organization.

ConsBecause this is a relatively small organization with high employee satisfaction, churn is minimal (with the exception of the customer support department), so opportunities for advancement are very limited. Management style and quality varies throughout the company. Some managers are excellent, others micromanage or chase process improvements at the expense of productivity.

Great Place to work in !

QA Test Automation Engineer (Former Employee) Rochester, NY

ProsChilled out work atmosphere , Cheerful co- workers , great work !

ConsMid - size company (if that deters anyone ;) ) , not a lot of youth in the company

Advice to Senior ManagementStart international hiring.

Flexible, Family Friendly Atmosphere

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Victor, NY

ProsEveryone who works here is interesting and friendly. There is a big emphasis on being family friendly - it's easy to get time off to go to doctor's appointments, take care of kids, etc. Because the company is smaller (under 200 people), you get to know everyone fairly well. It's a really great environment to work in overall.

ConsThe company is having some growing pains as it gets bigger - but overall they seem to be managing it fairly well.

Extremely friendly work environment, fun place to work

Prospeople here are fun
    there are always company sponsored events every now and then which is nice

Conssometimes interns are not given challenging work unless asked for.

Worked for IDI Billing? Contribute to the Community!