IDM

Updated December 14, 2014
Updated December 14, 2014
4.9

Chad Slater

Innovative, small company with huge potential.

I have been working at IDM

Pros

Very smart, hard-working teams. At the crux of big data analytics and marketing/advertising. World-class global clients. Comp. at 80th percentile (or higher). Industry-leading benefits.

Cons

Nothing major to address. Would continue to drive drive down barriers between regional offices. Look to bring on more seasoned Account Directors to fuel growth.

Continue to promote from within. Drive even more aggressively toward top-line growth.

Great company and culture!

Current Employee - Associate Program Manager in Reston, VA
    Current Employee - Associate Program Manager in Reston, VA

I have been working at IDM full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Great culture, flexible, and unlimited opportunity for growth and development. IDM is very team oriented, as my coworkers are always willing to help out.

Cons

One small con could be standard processes. We are constantly meeting new client requests for campaigns, but this keeps things interesting and creates new learning opportunities.

More formal communication to each account. Everyone appreciates the feedback and guidance!

I made the right career decision

Current Employee - Client Marketing Strategist in Mineral Point, WI
    Current Employee - Client Marketing Strategist in Mineral Point, WI

I have been working at IDM full-time (less than a year)

Pros

I was looking for a new opportunity where my experience would be valued and my contributions acknowledged - I found it. Even as I leverage my past experience, I've being given the opportunity to learn and apply new tools and skills. I work with great people that have a can do, professional attitude, and made me feel at home from day one. Compensation is competitive and the PTO is unlimited.

Cons

As with most small companies, onboarding is not highly structured. Some benefits are not as competitive as they should be.

Consider upgrading the retirement plan.

Growing company that values intelligent, self-starting, professionals

Former Employee - Account Management in Reston, VA
    Former Employee - Account Management in Reston, VA

I worked at IDM full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Corporate culture is based on empowering, and expecting, individuals to maximize their potential. Accountability is prioritized. In order to be successful, you must be a smart, driven, self-starter. If you are not wired this way, you will fail. This is by design. For those who are successful, of which there are many, the rewards can be significant and include generous compensation, strong benefits, and a professional environment in which you'll have the opportunity to "own" work and grow with the company.

Cons

IDM has experienced explosive growth. This brings a wide range of challenges. Senior management has done good job mitigating these as much as possible...but these challenges (staffing, scale, processes) are ever-present at growing companies.

Best wishes for continued success.

Strong Company with Great Opportunity!

Current Employee - Solution Architect in Little Rock, AR
    Current Employee - Solution Architect in Little Rock, AR

I have been working at IDM full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Growing company with a tremendous amount of opportunity for professional growth. Great group of talented people with a can do mentality. The business culture is one that promotes cross team collaboration. You have the ability to make an impact. Strong client roster. The outlook for continued growth is excellent.

Cons

Nothing negative. We are a small company that is growing, and there are some typical growing pains. The Little Rock office is expanding which will create more space.

Great company and opportunity

Current Employee - Solutions Architect in Little Rock, AR
    Current Employee - Solutions Architect in Little Rock, AR

I have been working at IDM full-time (more than a year)

Pros

The leadership team that has been put in place has done a great job in defining the company and culture. It is a very exciting and fast-paced environment with new opportunities. A huge plus is seeing how your contribution affects the bottom-line and is recognized at the highest level. Being a smaller company, the collaboration among all levels within the company has been excellent.
    Bonus plan, unlimited time off, free drinks and snacks

Cons

The healthcare benefit is very expensive for families but they are working on a new policy.
    Growing at such a fast-pace, there are times when not everything is in order or setup to handle all scenarios but resolution typically happens quickly.

Great opportunity and learning experience.

Former Employee - Account Director in Reston, VA
    Former Employee - Account Director in Reston, VA

I worked at IDM full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great work environment: Catered lunches, unlimited PTO, flat screen TV's... Goal oriented, professional co-workers. Opportunity to advance as fast as I could learn. Management does not micro manage and focus on results and performance rewarded according. great experience and learned a ton.

Cons

Not much to say here, some people are frustrated with a small company, but I enjoyed increased exposure to management and found it brought more opportunity for advancement.

Aggressive style with growing the business is motivational, continue to increase transparency and best of luck as the company continues to grow.

Good place to work

Current Employee - Account Management in Reston, VA
    Current Employee - Account Management in Reston, VA

I have been working at IDM full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Good group of people. Management seems to get it. Pay and benefits good. Lots of interesting work (clients) and opportunity for promotion

Cons

Not too much comes to mind. Fast growing companies always have some challenges. “Up or out” culture, which definitely can seem cut throat. But for people who like that kind of environment, results are rewarded.

IDM Photos