IDPP Reviews

Updated September 2, 2014
Updated September 2, 2014
2.9

John Holmes

Fantastic working environment, great people, comfortable and very driven.

Current Employee - Account Manager in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Account Manager in London, England (UK)

I have been working at IDPP full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

There are several reasons as to why you should work for IDPP, The people are absolutely amazing the environment is always so welcoming and the working ethic and structure is like a family rather then a cut throat sales floor.
    The mix of talented individuals from junior to senior management are all extremely hard working and are motivated enough to hep you no matter how busy you are and each individual brings something new and dynamic to the team.

The environment is fun and everyday is something new and challenging, I have been here coming 3 years and honestly would have it any different.

The benefits aren't the best but are fair, health cover and pension plan but holiday allowance is reasonable and well salary is never enough no matter where you go! Having said that they definitely do recognise your work and do pay out increases if they think it is worth doing so, which is rare in the recruitment industry.

Bonus is a lot better then what other big companies pay out but I do think it can be better!

Rewards, awards and treats are always given to those who achieve target and it can be pretty exciting.

Cons

There aren't any cons to really mention to be honest. It is a great company to work for!

management not to be trusted

Former Employee - Recruiter
    Former Employee - Recruiter

I worked at IDPP full-time

Pros

if you are liked my the senior management to hang out with they will always cover your back

it you like sales and have no conscience place to be

Cons

Its who you hang out with rather than what you know and can do.

not professional in terms of their approach with clients...anything for a fee.

will praise for work done to keep you motivated but diminish this closer to appraisals and salary reviews

treat employees fairly and be open

Good enviornment, career growth encouraged

Former Employee - Account Manager in London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Account Manager in London, England (UK)

I worked at IDPP full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I started at IDPP straight from university and was given responsibility quickly, eventually working up to Account Manager level. They have a good working environment, good staff generally and aren't driven by KPI's, so take a much more adult approach to recruitment.

They have always been supportive and happy to listen to suggestions/ideas. They also have a decent benefits scheme offering private healthcare.

Cons

As with any recruitment company there is fairly high staff turnover compared to other industries, but nothing glaring.

Great company, people and vision!! What more can you ask for!

I have been working at IDPP

Pros

I've worked for IDPP for over 5 years now and I was an Account Manager when I started and built my business by IDPP investing in resource for me. I grew my team up to 12 and now I am a senior manager of the business. Working in a small to medium size company is great, there's no red tape and the CEO's door is always open to have a conversation with.

The business isn't about hard selling and everyone is treated like an adult. It is built on being a partner with our clients and not trying to make a quick sell but build on what you have. Recruitment is different to 10 years ago (when I first started in the industry) and IDPP have grasped this and moved with the times by realising it is about the consultative approach.

You have the opportunity to work in any sector, any country and any technology, contract AND permanent which keeps the job more exciting than focusing on a specific county, technology and sector. In the 5+ years I’ve been here and hope to be here for a lot longer I have travelled around the world visiting clients and working in the IT and Telco industry across finance, retail, FMCG and any other business that have a technology to recruit for.

They have a database that has over 250,000 CV’s which is niche in this days market as everyone else has the same tools so having a database is great.

You can work and achieve whatever you set your heart on with IDPP as you are backed by everyone around you if you are willing to put the effort and time in.

Cons

There is nothing major I can say that would be worth wile. Like any recruitment company it would be good to have a pension contribution.

Keep doing what you are doing!

Do not join unless you want your career to go backwards

Former Employee - Recruitment Specialist in London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Recruitment Specialist in London, England (UK)

I worked at IDPP full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Some strong recruiters but they also seem to be leaving
    Strong Sales pitch

Cons

Management bring on staff under false information.
    No support
    Very quick turnover of staff
    Lost some very good recruiters during past 6 months
    Management is not transparent and is quite happy to cause friction within the company so that tight bonds do not result.
    Each man for himself
    Short term views in terms of achievements
    No loyalty towards employees
    Lot of internal politics

if you want to hire and keep the best recruiters treat them as they should be an asset, hiring is only half the battle keeping them is another.

Terrible resources and unrealistic ambitions

I worked at IDPP full-time

Pros

Some of the management know what they are doing
    They pay high basics
    CEO is a smart guy

Cons

No resources which means jobs don't get filled, which means no commission and losing clients.
    Still a very small company with no name in the market.
    No real database to speak of.
    Getting anything done is a chore.
    Not entirely honest when hiring staff.
    Trying to compare themselves in terms of ability to much larger and better equipped companies is just crazy.
    Company has gone through lots of "false dawns".

When you say you are going to do something, do it.

Very poor , very low in transparency ....would not recommend

Former Employee - Senior Consultant in Richmond upon Thames, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Senior Consultant in Richmond upon Thames, England (UK)

I worked at IDPP

Pros

Staff are very friendly and family orientated with good banter.

Cons

Management not taking into account effects on the staff .
    Regular changes
    No stability
    Low chances of development, growth, promotions unless favoured by senior management
    High staff turnover

Have faith in staff and treat them as assets. Spend money on existing staff and think long term.