IEH Laboratories & Consulting Group

Good Company, Meaningful work, Good Training and Support, Friendly environment

Former Employee - Microbiology/Biology Laboratory Technician  in  Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Microbiology/Biology Laboratory Technician in Seattle, WA

I worked at IEH Laboratories & Consulting Group for more than 3 years

Pros

Fast Pace work environment. Training is Excellent, technical support 24/7. They hire Biological Science degreed junior (BS) to Senior (Ph.D.) scientists. Plenty of room to grow in the company, stable work environment. Fast growing company, with flat management structure.

Cons

You will not last if you are looking for 8-5 relaxation. Work can get intense with emergency projects.

Better communications of advancement opportunities. Not everyone knows where the company is headed.

Good for a start.

I worked at IEH Laboratories & Consulting Group

Pros

Great experience for someone who just graduated

Cons

Not so great employee and schedule management.

Low class, corporate internment camp

Current Employee - Microbiologist  in  Fresno, CA
    Current Employee - Microbiologist in Fresno, CA

I have been working at IEH Laboratories & Consulting Group part-time for more than a year

Pros

A pay check. They hire a good class of scientists. Which make the job mildly tolerable.

Cons

The company culture is to hire very hard working foriegn scientists, offer to "help" us get documents then use the immigration status as a choke hold to work you to death. Some employees are expected to work 6 days a week for 10 hours a day and are not compensated with time or money. The environment is an OSHA inspectors dream.

The CEO needs to let go of the idea he can manage the entire company from his cell phone and hire some real management and let them do it.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great opportunity as your first job, but not the one to stay with.

Current Employee - Microbiologist  in  Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Microbiologist in Seattle, WA

I have been working at IEH Laboratories & Consulting Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great people at work, not much more than that

Cons

Poor facility, Poor management, CEO's only interest is to make money.

Should treat employees better. I believe this style of management won't help the company to last much longer. Low compensation, poor to no benefits toward their employees, and high turn over rate... I wonder how much longer this company will last..?

Great Owners, corporate team not so much...

I have been working at IEH Laboratories & Consulting Group

Pros

The owners are great to work for and they have a strong commitment to their customer base and employees. But the rest of the corporate managers ack that vision and drive to really make the company excel.

Cons

Corporate managers have very little tact and fail to understand the company's purpose at times.

One of the best places for applied microbiology

Former Employee - Microbiologist  in  Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Microbiologist in Seattle, WA

I worked at IEH Laboratories & Consulting Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

Combination of routine lab services, with special projects, research, and emergency projects. Fantastic training. Too much to learn, good technical support, deep levels of expertise in microbiology, molecular biology, food science. Growing company with a lot of room for advancement within the organization.

Cons

not necessarily a con. but working standards are high and not for everyone. Multitasking is required,.

Better communications with the staff regarding current and future plans for the company.

IEH

Current Employee - Engineer  in  Lake Forest Park, WA
    Current Employee - Engineer in Lake Forest Park, WA

I have been working at IEH Laboratories & Consulting Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great interest in original research

Cons

I do not have any specific cons

I do not have any specific advice to management

Worst place I have ever worked.

Former Employee - Scientist  in  Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Scientist in Seattle, WA

I worked at IEH Laboratories & Consulting Group full-time for more than a year

Pros

The only pro to this job is that some of the people you work with are very knowledgeable, and hard working.

Cons

The pay is way below the national average for the type of work you will be doing. Unless this is your very first job out of school than don't waste your time. Training for new hires is virtually nonexistent. Supplies are always running out, and the equipment all seems to be second hand and barely working. The owner is pompous know it all, that is absolutely oblivious to what is going on around him. It is in no way surprising that they have such a high turn around. If you must get a little experience and than go find a real lab job. This place is shady while I was was employed with them they had cats living in a bathroom that they injected with some sort of parasite, wasn't involved with that project, so I dont know all the details, but I cant imagine that this was legal or in line with regulations.

Spend a little less on tacky office decorations and consider investing in your employees and facilities.

Get trained and look for job

I have been working at IEH Laboratories & Consulting Group full-time

Pros

Good structure for a start up job and nice employees

Cons

Do not value or treat employees well, leading to low morale of staff...

Work-life balance, training the employees and improve benefits

One of the worst places to work in microbiology industries!

Former Employee - No Title
    Former Employee - No Title

I worked at IEH Laboratories & Consulting Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

If you work in this place, you will forget everything you know about microbiology. The employees in the lab where I worked do not have any microbiology experience, they do not follow SOPs, everything is WRONG about this place.
    The employees are mostly student visa with no prior work experience. These people are unhappy, insecure, angry, disrespectful to others all the time. Honest hardworking people don't survive in this kind of place. IEH should be ashamed to call themselves as microbiology lab because it is dirtiest place I have ever worked.

Cons

Nothing good about this company.

Hire some people with education and experience so that more work with less time can be accomplished. Don't depend on some of the worst people on earth.

Worked for IEH Laboratories & Consulting Group? Contribute to the Community!