IEH Laboratories & Consulting Group

Updated Jul 26, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Mansour Samadpour

Great Owners, corporate team not so much...

ProsThe owners are great to work for and they have a strong commitment to their customer base and employees. But the rest of the corporate managers ack that vision and drive to really make the company excel.

ConsCorporate managers have very little tact and fail to understand the company's purpose at times.

Great opportunity as your first job, but not the one to stay with.

Microbiologist (Current Employee) Seattle, WA

ProsGreat people at work, not much more than that

ConsPoor facility, Poor management, CEO's only interest is to make money.

Advice to Senior ManagementShould treat employees better. I believe this style of management won't help the company to last much longer. Low compensation, poor to no benefits toward their employees, and high turn over rate... I wonder how much longer this company will last..?

One of the best places for applied microbiology

Microbiologist (Former Employee) Seattle, WA

ProsCombination of routine lab services, with special projects, research, and emergency projects. Fantastic training. Too much to learn, good technical support, deep levels of expertise in microbiology, molecular biology, food science. Growing company with a lot of room for advancement within the organization.

Consnot necessarily a con. but working standards are high and not for everyone. Multitasking is required,.

Advice to Senior ManagementBetter communications with the staff regarding current and future plans for the company.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

IEH

Engineer (Current Employee) Lake Forest Park, WA

ProsGreat interest in original research

ConsI do not have any specific cons

Advice to Senior ManagementI do not have any specific advice to management

Get trained and look for job

ProsGood structure for a start up job and nice employees

ConsDo not value or treat employees well, leading to low morale of staff...

Advice to Senior ManagementWork-life balance, training the employees and improve benefits

One of the worst places to work in microbiology industries!

No Title (Former Employee)

ProsIf you work in this place, you will forget everything you know about microbiology. The employees in the lab where I worked do not have any microbiology experience, they do not follow SOPs, everything is WRONG about this place.
    The employees are mostly student visa with no prior work experience. These people are unhappy, insecure, angry, disrespectful to others all the time. Honest hardworking people don't survive in this kind of place. IEH should be ashamed to call themselves as microbiology lab because it is dirtiest place I have ever worked.

ConsNothing good about this company.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire some people with education and experience so that more work with less time can be accomplished. Don't depend on some of the worst people on earth.

Inefficient and pooorly ran.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Seattle, WA

ProsIf you are straight out of school, this may be a good place to learn some basic microbiology.

ConsTraining is nonexistent from the company, or management. you'll be lucky to find a more experienced co-worker to learn from. SOP's either aren't followed or don't exist for a number of the duties performed. Pay is significantly below the national average. Management is often condescending and unhelpful.

Advice to Senior ManagementAppreciate your employees. Your company would run much more smoothly if you paid competitively and treated employees as professionals.

Some opportunities for valuable experience while being paid, but be prepared to work hard.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsAt least for someone in a management position, as I was, working there enlightens one to the state of the industry - which is, to say, getting ever more competitive. And to how much you can do. (I am not joking - this is something which interests the occasional person like myself.) I was satisfied with the money (but I'm easily satisfied in that regard).

ConsThe CEO is absolutely determined to advance the company with as little outlay of resources as possible. Thus, it is hard to get supplies and equipment tends to be the cheapest old stuff that can be found. Only employees deemed really essential are kept, and the belt ever tightens. The lab directors (IEH Laboratories & Consulting Group consists of a network of dozens of labs) have really massive work loads imposed on them.

Use for experience, then run away!

Microbiologist (Former Employee)

ProsGet trained on how to use SOPs, work in an industry based laboratory and multitask. Learn basic molecular and microbiology techniques: PCR, use of petrifilms, LIMS database.

ConsLong hours. Low morale of staff. Poor communication amongst managers and supervisors. Your compensation is extremely poor for being microbiologists. Overtime helps but is not worth the amount of work you do for it.

Advice to Senior ManagementOrganize your company better. You often times fire good people for poor reasons often tied to your own incompetence. Pay your employees more because they are treated like garbage. When they come to you sick don't continue to work them!

Microbiologist (Current Employee)

ProsGreat place to start your career in microbiology and learn how to run a business

Conslack of any pay raises.

Worked for IEH Laboratories & Consulting Group? Contribute to the Community!