IFDS

Updated Jun 24, 2014

IFDS CEO Simon Hudson-Lund

Simon Hudson-Lund

4 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Great place to work and I gathered a wealth of experience and knowledge.

Senior Administrator (Former Employee) Basildon, East of England, England (UK)

ProsManagement and colleagues were very pleasant to work with and as long as you work hard and show potential, there are opportunities for you to progress within the company. The management team I worked for showed a high interest in personal development; training was always provided and qualifications available to work towards.

ConsDepending on which team/project you work for, the work life balance could sometimes be difficult with varying amounts of overtime required however, it did seem to be appreciated.

Advice to Senior ManagementOverall, I fully enjoyed my experience working at IFDS. I could only suggest adding more of a focus to projects that aren't doing so well, in a bid to ease the strain on staff that are working a high amount of overtime to keep it going.

Great company let down by certain deptartments

Desktop Support Analyst (Former Employee) Basildon, East of England, England (UK)

ProsIFDS itself is doing fantastic. There are some real opportunities within this company. CEO level staff are friendly and approachable.

ConsThe dept I work in is absolutely terrible. We've gone through so many staff in the last 2 years due to poor management. Very unfriendly, hostile atmosphere at the moment., managers are not approachable at all.

Advice to Senior ManagementLook into IT user support. Especially the number of staff that have left Desktop support over the last 18 months, then ask yourself why?

Sit down with current staff within IT User support and ask them about it.

IFDS - Global company with wide opportunities.

IT Graduate (Current Employee) Basildon, East of England, England (UK)

Pros1. IFDS is a dark horse in the market of companies offering graduate schemes, however the company gives a variety of opportunities starting with personal development, numerous external trainings and leading to travelling to overseas offices.
    2. Within the graduate program you are allowed to switch the role to try something new.
    3. Not being located in London, office locations are still very close to the City and they are easily reached either by train or car.
    4. There are great people working within the company, who are always ready and happy to help. It is not difficult to build valuable relationships with colleagues.
    5. Working on projects implies gaining a lot of knowledge and broadens individual's mind significantly. Definitely a company to learn a lot.

Cons1. It would benefit the company to improve planning. It can be frustrating to keep hearing 'we are working on it' and not seeing any movements in the right direction.
    2. Cascading information should also be improved as it is noticeable that at some stages information is delayed or can be stuck at all.
    3. Graduate program should provide equal specialised training to those enrolled on the program to ensure that if one moves departments he does not miss out.

Advice to Senior Management1. Improve organisation planning.
    2. Improve communication - ensure relevant people receive all the needed information.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Unprofessional Company

Administrator (Former Employee) Basildon, East of England, England (UK)

ProsGood location in Basildon area

ConsI did not enjoy working here. This company is unprofessional. It is supposed to be representing financial service but I would not let this company take care of my clients. I was about the only employee there that was professional, worked 100% hard, showed up on time and stayed late. The reward for this was that was fired after about 10 weeks. They kept employees there that did not work all day long and just talked to their friends all day so I had to stay late every day. One girl there smelled on alcohol every single day and they kept her on despite her performance. I would never work here. Every single employee in Investment Trust, Basildon office was unprofessional. It was a terrible company to work for. The employees there discriminate against minority groups despite what their website says. Also, they make you work 12 - 14 hours a day and only pay you for 8 hours.If I was a financial services company, I would never let this company take care of my clients. They broke so many rules, I am surprised they are still in business.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay people the proper overtime rate.

Worked for IFDS? Contribute to the Community!