IFDS Reviews

Updated August 14, 2015
8 reviews filtered by
  • Basildon, East of England, England (UK)
  • Any Status
Employment Status

Reset
3.2
Katherine MacMillan

Pros
  • Good career growth and the career growth potential are available (in 2 reviews)

• Nice friendly people in the main (in 2 reviews)

Cons
  • work life balance, lack of remote working (in 4 reviews)

• Very high turn-over rate of associates (in 2 reviews)

1. Not Bad

Former Employee - Human Resources Analyst in Basildon, East of England, England (UK)

I worked at IFDS full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Nice offices and a fairly relaxed working environment. Nice onsite restaurant.

Cons

Salaries not brilliant but it's not in London so to be expected. Progression around the business areas is difficult.

Team Lead

Current Employee - Policy Servicing Administrator in Basildon, East of England, England (UK)

I have been working at IFDS full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good company to start with provided your are in the right team

Cons

Salary doesn't reflect responsibility and surely needs improvement

Advice to Management

Give employees good salary to stem the rate of employee turnover

IFDS Response

Apr 24, 2015 – Head of Resource Managament

Thank you for taking the time to review us and for your comments. We take all feedback on board and is always gratefully received. It is worth noting that we do benchmark our salaries with other ... More

Very happy with my experience so far at IFDS - Those I have worked with are extremely suportive of my profesional growth

Current Employee - Technical Dealing Senior Associate in Basildon, East of England, England (UK)

I have been working at IFDS full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Excellent development within the right teams - Eager to progress those who wan't it.

Cons

Pay does not reflect employed role - can be justified by location.

Advice to Management

Happy with management - No issues.

From Baby to adult

Former Employee - Risk & Control Manager in Basildon, East of England, England (UK)

I worked at IFDS full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

oh it is so busy and fulfilling.....I have met and maintained so many beautiful friends and guess what passed all my exams first time around which was a huge boost for me.........Loved finding new things to challenge and support This list is endless......Was so proud to recieve my employee of the quarter awards even knowing I could not have done that without huge support from Management,training,support from IT and my dedicated staff

Cons

There will always be challenges, the Company growth,the new systems introduced,the huge learning curve involved with each new Company serviced,the huge support with outsourcing and always ensuring that if there are any problems that they are corrected to avoid any breaches of service level agreements and more importantly ensuring all staff are aware of the rules that conduct our business

Advice to Management

I know that the current working conditions will make it hard for any senior management to handle.....I wish you well with what you have always been so good atxx

Great place to work and I gathered a wealth of experience and knowledge.

Former Employee - Senior Administrator in Basildon, East of England, England (UK)

I worked at IFDS full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Management and colleagues were very pleasant to work with and as long as you work hard and show potential, there are opportunities for you to progress within the company. The management team I worked for showed a high interest in personal development; training was always provided and qualifications available to work towards.

Cons

Depending on which team/project you work for, the work life balance could sometimes be difficult with varying amounts of overtime required however, it did seem to be appreciated.

Advice to Management

Overall, I fully enjoyed my experience working at IFDS. I could only suggest adding more of a focus to projects that aren't doing so well, in a bid to ease the strain on staff that are working a high amount of overtime to keep it going.

Great company let down by certain deptartments

Former Employee - Desktop Support Analyst in Basildon, East of England, England (UK)

I worked at IFDS full-time (More than a year)

Pros

IFDS itself is doing fantastic. There are some real opportunities within this company. CEO level staff are friendly and approachable.

Cons

The dept I work in is absolutely terrible. We've gone through so many staff in the last 2 years due to poor management. Very unfriendly, hostile atmosphere at the moment., managers are not approachable at all.

Advice to Management

Look into IT user support. Especially the number of staff that have left Desktop support over the last 18 months, then ask yourself why? Sit down with current staff within IT User support and ask them about it.

8. IFDS - Global company with wide opportunities.

Current Employee - IT Graduate in Basildon, East of England, England (UK)
    Current Employee - IT Graduate in Basildon, East of England, England (UK)

I have been working at IFDS full-time (More than a year)

Pros

1. IFDS is a dark horse in the market of companies offering graduate schemes, however the company gives a variety of opportunities starting with personal development, numerous external trainings and leading to travelling to overseas offices. 2. Within the graduate program you are allowed to switch the role to try something new. 3. Not being located in London, office locations are still very close to the City and they are easily reached either by train or car. 4. There are great people working within the company, who are always ready and happy to help. It is not difficult to build valuable relationships with colleagues. 5. Working on projects implies gaining a lot of knowledge and broadens individual's mind significantly. Definitely a company to learn a lot.

Cons

1. It would benefit the company to improve planning. It can be frustrating to keep hearing 'we are working on it' and not seeing any movements in the right direction. 2. Cascading information should also be improved as it is noticeable that at some stages information is delayed or can be stuck at all. 3. Graduate program should provide equal specialised training to those enrolled on the program to ensure that if one moves departments he does not miss out.

Advice to Management

1. Improve organisation planning. 2. Improve communication - ensure relevant people receive all the needed information.

Unprofessional Company

Former Employee - Administrator in Basildon, East of England, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Administrator in Basildon, East of England, England (UK)

I worked at IFDS full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good location in Basildon area

Cons

I did not enjoy working here. This company is unprofessional. It is supposed to be representing financial service but I would not let this company take care of my clients. I was about the only employee there that was professional, worked 100% hard, showed up on time and stayed late. The reward for this was that was fired after about 10 weeks. They kept employees there that did not work all day long and just talked to their friends all day so I had to stay late every day. One girl there smelled on alcohol every single day and they kept her on despite her performance. I would never work here. Every single employee in Investment Trust, Basildon office was unprofessional. It was a terrible company to work for. The employees there discriminate against minority groups despite what their website says. Also, they make you work 12 - 14 hours a day and only pay you for 8 hours.If I was a financial services company, I would never let this company take care of my clients. They broke so many rules, I am surprised they are still in business.

Advice to Management

Pay people the proper overtime rate.

RSS Feed </> Embed