IFDS

3.1

IFDS CEO Simon Hudson-Lund
Simon Hudson-Lund

Great Co-op

Current Employee - Desktop Support Analyst in Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Current Employee - Desktop Support Analyst in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I have been working at IFDS part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Teams are welcoming, very helpful
    Great organizational structure
    Pay for co-op was above minimum, while teaching you. Made for an experience I would go back to

Cons

Management seems stale
    Needs to have some changes at the top level, or hire more competent individuals

Learn the direction of the company rather than applying basic managerial tactics.
    If something aint broke, dont fix it... Upper management seems to always want to change something for no reason

A mannequin could do a better job leading this company

Current Employee - Senior Software Developer in Toronto, OH
    Current Employee - Senior Software Developer in Toronto, OH

I have been working at IFDS full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Office location in downtown Toronto

Cons

The President needs to be put out to pasture. Her inability to inspire her team, and her complete lack of business knowlege and experience leaves the company rudderless. The turnover in the senior leadership points to her. Comments such as "I would crawl over dead bodies to get my bonus" directly attributed to the CEO clearly show the tone and calibre of her leadership. DST and State Street, if you're listening, save yourself the high cost of placing an expat in Toronto and replace this leader by a wooden mannequin. You would achieve about the same level of leadership, and probably improve your ROI.

Replace your HR department. No one in the company respects this collection of unskilled and abrassive misfits. There are some good people working in HR, but they're drowned out by the cacophony and maliciousness of others on the team. Again, look at the HR leadership and the leadership of the company to understand why the group is the way it is.
    Consider investing money to replace the core system. iFAST is about 10 years beyond its best by date.

Great potential

I worked at IFDS

Pros

This is an international company, with offices abroad that I was fortunate enough to visit.

Cons

There seems to be a lack of communication both between departments, and with employees who are about to start, as I wasn't given an official start time until less than a week before I started work.

Good job progression, but only if you really want it

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I worked at IFDS full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The benefits are good and they match your RRSP contribution to 3.5%. The people there are fantastic to work around. Good career growth and the career growth potential are available.

Cons

Wanting to pursue a job outside your role can be difficult as it is hard finding people to back-fill existing roles. Salary is not that great.

Try your best to keep and promote the talent you have.

Very happy with my experience so far at IFDS - Those I have worked with are extremely suportive of my profesional growth

Current Employee - Technical Dealing Senior Associate in Basildon, East of England, England (UK)

I have been working at IFDS full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Excellent development within the right teams - Eager to progress those who wan't it.

Cons

Pay does not reflect employed role - can be justified by location.

Happy with management - No issues.

Not impressed by the interview process and unorganised HR

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

I have been working at IFDS full-time

Pros

The only good thing working iwwht IFDS would be getting key experience required in IT Finance.

Cons

The package advertised is not inline with offered. I haven't received feedback since my interview and was promised to get outcome within 2 days and its been 2 weeks now.

can be more organised in terms of interview.

IFDS Response

Oct 10, 2014Head of Resource Managament

We are very sorry to hear that you are not happy with your interview experience with us. Have you now received a decsion / feedback? If you haven't please drop me a line ahamilton@ifdsgroup.co.uk and ... More

From Baby to adult

Former Employee - Risk & Control Manager in Basildon, East of England, England (UK)

I worked at IFDS full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

oh it is so busy and fulfilling.....I have met and maintained so many beautiful friends and guess what passed all my exams first time around which was a huge boost for me.........Loved finding new things to challenge and support This list is endless......Was so proud to recieve my employee of the quarter awards even knowing I could not have done that without huge support from Management,training,support from IT and my dedicated staff

Cons

There will always be challenges, the Company growth,the new systems introduced,the huge learning curve involved with each new Company serviced,the huge support with outsourcing and always ensuring that if there are any problems that they are corrected to avoid any breaches of service level agreements and more importantly ensuring all staff are aware of the rules that conduct our business

I know that the current working conditions will make it hard for any senior management to handle.....I wish you well with what you have always been so good atxx

A good place to start

I have been working at IFDS full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Nice environment, work shift, benefits

Cons

Not well paid. They still have a lot of of technologies

Great place to work and I gathered a wealth of experience and knowledge.

Former Employee - Senior Administrator in Basildon, East of England, England (UK)

I worked at IFDS full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Management and colleagues were very pleasant to work with and as long as you work hard and show potential, there are opportunities for you to progress within the company. The management team I worked for showed a high interest in personal development; training was always provided and qualifications available to work towards.

Cons

Depending on which team/project you work for, the work life balance could sometimes be difficult with varying amounts of overtime required however, it did seem to be appreciated.

Overall, I fully enjoyed my experience working at IFDS. I could only suggest adding more of a focus to projects that aren't doing so well, in a bid to ease the strain on staff that are working a high amount of overtime to keep it going.

Overall good experience. You need to be able to adapt to the many changes changes in upper management and processes.

I have been working at IFDS

Pros

Good structure . Nice people

Cons

Lots of changes in management and processes

More communication