IFDS

3.1

IFDS CEO Simon Hudson-Lund
Simon Hudson-Lund

Great experience so far

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Brentwood, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Brentwood, England (UK)

I have been working at IFDS

Pros

Good training
    Opportunity for working abroad
    Good work ethic

Cons

Unorganised HR
    Poor facilities in Brentwood

All good

A mannequin could do a better job leading this company

Current Employee - Senior Software Developer in Toronto, OH
    Current Employee - Senior Software Developer in Toronto, OH

I have been working at IFDS full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Office location in downtown Toronto

Cons

The President needs to be put out to pasture. Her inability to inspire her team, and her complete lack of business knowlege and experience leaves the company rudderless. The turnover in the senior leadership points to her. Comments such as "I would crawl over dead bodies to get my bonus" directly attributed to the CEO clearly show the tone and calibre of her leadership. DST and State Street, if you're listening, save yourself the high cost of placing an expat in Toronto and replace this leader by a wooden mannequin. You would achieve about the same level of leadership, and probably improve your ROI.

Replace your HR department. No one in the company respects this collection of unskilled and abrassive misfits. There are some good people working in HR, but they're drowned out by the cacophony and maliciousness of others on the team. Again, look at the HR leadership and the leadership of the company to understand why the group is the way it is.
    Consider investing money to replace the core system. iFAST is about 10 years beyond its best by date.

Misleading job descriptions.

Current Employee - Project Manager in Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I have been working at IFDS full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Absolutely no pro's as the advertised job never existed and I feel tricked into doing another job that nobody else wanted so have always wanted to leave.

Cons

The job description used for advertising and interviewing does not match in any way the job they actually want me to do. The job is one somebody of my skillset can do but often chooses not to so I would not have joined had I known the truth. I was told to do it or leave - but I gave up another job to do this so must stay until I find another. They recently fired someone who was recruited this same way and who didn't comply and at least five other managers have been fired in the last few months. Turnover in management is extremely high. There are a lot of people doing jobs that they didn't join the company for, nor that they want to or qualified to do but have been told they must and this is creating a very bad work environment. Processes are so bad that some employees are expected to work well outside ESA.

Update your technology and you will find there are lots of skilled people available. Rather than making people do what they don't want to do is a sure fire way to failure. Why not update the technology and stop treating employee's like you own them.

Good company to work for IF you're in the right team. Salaries often don't reflect roles and responsibilities.

Former Employee - Team Lead - Business Operations
    Former Employee - Team Lead - Business Operations

I worked at IFDS full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The people. For the most part the company is full of friendly, helpful people who are happy to share their knowledge and support.

Some of the teams are well run, actively engage their staff and have managers who genuinely care about more than just getting the work done.

Cons

Company has expanded far quicker than it's IT infrastructure can handle. This has created an obvious friction between the operational and IT areas of the business.

Staff are promoted / given more responsibility without this being reflected in their benefits.

During my time at IFDS I experienced teams which were poorly run, had a worrying lack of controls and a culture of blame.

Great potential

I worked at IFDS

Pros

This is an international company, with offices abroad that I was fortunate enough to visit.

Cons

There seems to be a lack of communication both between departments, and with employees who are about to start, as I wasn't given an official start time until less than a week before I started work.

Great Co-op

Current Employee - Desktop Support Analyst in Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Current Employee - Desktop Support Analyst in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I have been working at IFDS part-time (less than a year)

Pros

Teams are welcoming, very helpful
    Great organizational structure
    Pay for co-op was above minimum, while teaching you. Made for an experience I would go back to

Cons

Management seems stale
    Needs to have some changes at the top level, or hire more competent individuals

Learn the direction of the company rather than applying basic managerial tactics.
    If something aint broke, dont fix it... Upper management seems to always want to change something for no reason

Good job progression, but only if you really want it

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I worked at IFDS full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The benefits are good and they match your RRSP contribution to 3.5%. The people there are fantastic to work around. Good career growth and the career growth potential are available.

Cons

Wanting to pursue a job outside your role can be difficult as it is hard finding people to back-fill existing roles. Salary is not that great.

Try your best to keep and promote the talent you have.

Very happy with my experience so far at IFDS - Those I have worked with are extremely suportive of my profesional growth

Current Employee - Technical Dealing Senior Associate in Basildon, East of England, England (UK)

I have been working at IFDS full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Excellent development within the right teams - Eager to progress those who wan't it.

Cons

Pay does not reflect employed role - can be justified by location.

Happy with management - No issues.

From Baby to adult

Former Employee - Risk & Control Manager in Basildon, East of England, England (UK)

I worked at IFDS full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

oh it is so busy and fulfilling.....I have met and maintained so many beautiful friends and guess what passed all my exams first time around which was a huge boost for me.........Loved finding new things to challenge and support This list is endless......Was so proud to recieve my employee of the quarter awards even knowing I could not have done that without huge support from Management,training,support from IT and my dedicated staff

Cons

There will always be challenges, the Company growth,the new systems introduced,the huge learning curve involved with each new Company serviced,the huge support with outsourcing and always ensuring that if there are any problems that they are corrected to avoid any breaches of service level agreements and more importantly ensuring all staff are aware of the rules that conduct our business

I know that the current working conditions will make it hard for any senior management to handle.....I wish you well with what you have always been so good atxx

A good place to start

I have been working at IFDS full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Nice environment, work shift, benefits

Cons

Not well paid. They still have a lot of of technologies