IFS North America

Updated January 5, 2015
Updated January 5, 2015
3.2

CINDY JAUDON

Fantastic Place to Work…..

I have been working at IFS North America

Pros

I have worked here for a number of years and it is a great place to work. The people here are fantastic! I work in marketing and could not be happier with the variety of work, the people, and the culture. The IFS culture overall is second to none. The people here work hard, have fun, and are passionate about what they do. Overall a fantastic place to work…

Cons

I cannot think of anything at the moment.

Keep doing what you are doing. It is unusual for a company to have such great tenure while experiencing solid growth. You must be doing something right…

A progressive, ERP Swedish software company looking to continue it's increasing market share in the US.

Former Employee - Market Coordinator in South Florida, FL
    Former Employee - Market Coordinator in South Florida, FL

I worked at IFS North America

Pros

Many employees there are professional, career oriented, and very smart. They are generous with holiday time off with pay.

Cons

Training was suspect for those who worked in marketing. It was a little political in terms of internal promotion.

Please thoroughly train all of your employees, not just the engineers. Company benefits and values are strong. Understand American market more thoroughly.

Bait and Switch

I worked at IFS North America

Pros

Good bennies and salary,nice people for the most part.

Cons

No training,extensive travel,to much work for the manpower within...need to hire.

Fantastic Organization that Fully Supports its Staff

I have been working at IFS North America full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I haven't worked for a more supportive organization that allows me to handle projects that are assigned, give ideas and run with a new thought. The marketing team is an excellent group that is passionate about what they do and is willing to try new approaches and listen to its team members. When it comes to work life balance, they are very flexible with me. I am able to keep my private and social life the same and will work with them if they need support.

Fantastic organization with a complex solution revolving around dynamic industries. There is always something new and intriguing to learn. I wouldn't trade this experience in for another position. I look forward to continuing to grow and gain valuable experience with IFS.

Cons

There isn't a con that I have. I am an adult and expect to work hard and do all I can to help the organization.

Escaped in the Nick of Time

I worked at IFS North America full-time

Pros

Met some great people here and still keep in touch, personally and professionally.

Cons

Managment of the USA marketing team is very poor. They are heartless, workaholics that suck your soul. Prepare to cry at some point in your career here if you work in marketing. Employee turn over was an epidemic.

Find new marketing management that will appreciate the hard work this very short staffed department puts in.

Work like a machine

Current Employee - Marketing in Brookfield, WI
    Current Employee - Marketing in Brookfield, WI

I have been working at IFS North America full-time (less than an year)

Pros

They will provide some training. Some people are friendly but watch your back.

Cons

They work you like a machine. Don't make a mistake or look out. Plan on working nights or weekends if not you will not fit in. These people are crazy workaholics!

Poor Management skills

IFS North America - proceed at your own risk

I worked at IFS North America

Pros

Broad product offering with competitive functionality.

Cons

IFS is a very small company in North America. Most of the business comes from Europe. They have an incompetent sales organization (3 VP's in the last few years). They have been unable to close significantly sized deals leading to anemic sales growth. There is a serious lack of trust with Executive Management in the Service Organization. They often don't deliver what they have promised. The Executive Management team is too weak to drive the company to higher performance levels.

Bring in new blood from world class organizations or you will continue to struggle as a "me too" software company.

A good (global) company to work for with a strong Scandinavian history

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Schaumburg, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Schaumburg, IL

I have been working at IFS North America

Pros

An interesting, at the same time risky, position in the market. If things continue to improve the future can look very bright. It's a very "open" company. C-level people are accessable. There is a high degree of flexibility in the work environment.

Cons

It's still a rather small company in the US (compared to other IFS sites in the world). During the years it's been a rollercoaster ride so it is perhaps not entirely safe. But normally good people are kept and promoted.

I hope that management take advantage of the stability in the company and use this to create a stronger market possition.

IFS North America - HQ Management

I worked at IFS North America

Pros

The product concept is solid.

Cons

Communication from Senior Management is poor. The Sales Organization is weak leading to poor business performance.

There is a significant lack of trust of management in the Services organization.

IFS fair place to make a career

Former Employee - Business Analyst in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Business Analyst in Chicago, IL

I worked at IFS North America

Pros

Friendliness of Co-workers and nice place to work

Cons

No room for advancements unless you are in development.

More advancement