IGATE Reviews

1229 reviews filtered by
1,229 Reviews
IGATE CEO Ashok Vemuri
Ashok Vemuri

Pros
  • Good work life balance but quality of work depends on the project you are assigned to (in 55 reviews)

• tremendous opportunity to learn, faster promotion if u r extra ordinary (in 35 reviews)

Cons
  • I have never seen work life balance for me in my entire journey of iGate (in 23 reviews)

• Notice Period (3 months and they wont accept BUY OUT even if you are on bench) (in 48 reviews)

1. Doesn't treat people right

Current Employee - Assistant Vice President in Bridgewater, NJ
    Current Employee - Assistant Vice President in Bridgewater, NJ

I have been working at IGATE full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Pays competitive salaries if you are a good negotiator and if you have been around for a while.

Cons

After 4 painful years I have decided its time to leave. The company operates in a very unorganized fashion when it comes to treating it's employees. Moms on maternity leave are threatened to return to work, a day after they complete their maternity leave. Fathers don't get any paternity leave. The finance department rips you off any chance they get. They will ask you to pay for your own business travel expenses and then you will have to fight tooth and nail with finance department to get reimbursements. The vacation days and sick days are all bundled up and very few (I believe 10 in a year). If you need to spend a dollar on your professional or personal development, forget about it. The company will never give you a dime. They will ask you to travel to fancy places and business events but won't give you more than $150/day no matter what. Most employees are frustrated and just put up with it, pay from their own pockets, or leave the company after losing their personal finances. You will also work like a horse from 6 am (because your teams are all offshore) and until 9 pm and there is no concept of work life balance or comp time. Other benefits are sub par as well and 401 K match will make you laugh out loud. Also the organization and management is highly aggressive and political. A few of the senior executives have been ousted for harassment issues. The new CEO brought bunch of his buddies from InfoSys and all the buddies get to enjoy the nice perks and positions. If you can kiss up, you will survive little longer. If you are creative, passionate, free thinker kind of person, your opportunities are limited as your political maneuvering expertise.

Advice to Management

Look at your competitors and organizations on "Best places to work at in the US" and make sure you are creating a culture that accommodates your US employees per US standards not Indian standards. Treat people like they are worth something and not just another number. Give your traveling crew additional flexibility, funding and resources because they are sacrificing their time away from their loved ones for your business. Make their lives easier by cutting down red tape in finance and every where else. Match vacation days and maternity/paternity leave options with other "best places to work employers". Allow people to grow professionally by investing in them.

2. A company with no innovation, no creativity and old factory type of culture where company.

Former Employee - Project Lead in Mumbai (India)
    Former Employee - Project Lead in Mumbai (India)

I worked at IGATE full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I gave 10 mins to think what I write about the pros but sorry guys I could not find any other than its cafeteria.
    You will find lot of food options there in cafeteria and all kinds of food dishes you will find.
    I am missing it a lot!!
    Gym is there with very little fees of 400 per month which is nothing compared to how hitech it is and also creche facility available which is very good for a working ladies.
    Ohh yes, parking is free if you are willing to show your face and ICARD, coming out of car at the main gate everyday when going in and out.

Cons

- No good compensation
    - Library with no good options on technology. You have to take the paid membership.
    - There is high fees charged for company transport and if you are willing to travel all the parts of Mumbai, you can avail that.
    - There are high charges for a lost of car pass, icard etc.
    - Even emmployees coming in shifts, transport facilities are worst.
    - Drivers will miss your pickup is a normal scanario.
    - You will feel like you are walking on any border territory as company has lots of restrictions on different areas.
    - In and Out from you bay will be monitored very closely. Rules related to card punch in and out needs to be read properly else leaves will get cut automatically.
    - They will ask for a siging a bond for filling H1 and if they send you then they will pay you salary which is equivalent to storekeepers in which only 1 person can survive.
    - You are machine for HRs and Recruit Management Group (RMG Dept.).
    - No access to internet or any social sites or emails.
    - They kicked out many employees who were there more than 3 years with 1 day notice on performance problem which was totally false reason.
    - Managers may talk to you in a totally absurd manner. Sometimes with bad words.
    - No external trainings.

Advice to Management

- This is a company with 30k+ talented software engineers. Lots of expectations from the company
    - Take best out of them by encouraging them.
    - Also , spend some money on Research and Development.
    - Produce your own products on databases, storage, OS, backups, peoplesoft etc. instead of just giving services.
    - Company needs to be creative, adventurous and R&D oriented rather than just service giver.

3. Not recommended to join for long time or if you are a fresher

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Noida (India)
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Noida (India)

I have been working at IGATE

Pros

TV at cafeteria and lots of free time to watch it,
    I don't know if it is a pros or not but let me share it with you !! Here you will not be promoted on the basis of you technical knowledge but, it is done on the basis of time spent in the company !!

Cons

No recreational activities,Poor work culture, in-experienced managers and architects , poor or almost no increment in annual appraisals, very less onsite opportunists(1 out to 50). Food is pathetic. WORST TRANSPORT FACILITY(drivers are hooligans)

Advice to Management

Please fix transport issue first then there are many more advice's to come.

5. Bad experience

Former Employee - Software Engineer in Pune (India)
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in Pune (India)

I worked at IGATE

Pros

Location preference ,South Indian crowd

Cons

L1 , Unprofessional HR rules

6. Not a good company to work with.

I have been working at IGATE

Pros

Nothing positive as far as I am aware

Cons

Bad HR team , not much projects

7. Dont Join

I have been working at IGATE

Pros

There is nothing good about this company

Cons

1. No job security
    2. Worst Management
    3. All Projects including IT projects are in Night Shift

Advice to Management

None

very bad experience

Current Employee - Technical Lead in Bangalore (India)
    Current Employee - Technical Lead in Bangalore (India)

I have been working at IGATE full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

you can survive if you know to talk rather than to work

Cons

very bad co-workers, lots of politics.

Advice to Management

Mid-managerial level is full of useless peoples.

Worst company

I have been working at IGATE

Pros

Green campus. Nothing much to blog I this section

Cons

Everything. Least projects.layoffs no work life balance. Unnecessary, useless and mundane processes. Micro managed. No planning from CEO to lowest level and they advocate planning. Ridiculous.

Advice to Management

Keep up with the phase of the world boys. Look around. Learn from ur mistakes. Make organisation an enjoyable workplace, not a jail.

Worst company and joining IGATE was my biggest mistake

Former Employee - Technical Lead in Bangalore (India)
    Former Employee - Technical Lead in Bangalore (India)

I worked at IGATE

Pros

They have a Good GYM .

Cons

Everything. IGate Hired us for projects. After joining I got to know that they are hiring for bench strength. They kept us in bench for 3 months. Then my manager asked me whether I can relocate. They even changed domains for some people. After keeping 8 months on bench, they fired all of the people on bench.

Advice to Management

What is wrong with you guys!

Sweatshop mentality and Cover Ups

I have been working at IGATE

Pros

A paycheck, even though IGATE is known for paying some of the lowest wages in the industry.

Cons

Managers coming over from India manage as though they are still in a third-world country where they can say and do whatever they want to employees. When an employee files a formal complaint, they are transferred. When an employee files a sexual harassment complaint, it goes "nowhere". Employees are categorized "salaried" so no overtime has to be paid, and "that's the way they pay everyone in India". Promotions are almost impossible, and average raise is 1% annually. Everything is a facade to placate the stockholders and board of directors.

Advice to Management

There is no advice to give. Any advice given would fall on deaf ears unless it is going to improve the bottom line. Educating managers from other countries about employee rights in the U.S. may keep them from being sued. And all of the complaints that get ignored, misplaced, or covered up, will only be worse when they are finally discovered. This company can't expect to bring sweatshop actions into the U.S. and think it is going to be ignored. If they don't improve, I would be very surprised if the Unions didn't come in. Perhaps that is what is needed for a company that manages similar to the sweatshops of the 1800s.