IGS Energy

www.igsenergy.com

IGS Energy Reviews

Updated Jul 14, 2014

Scott White

Great potential in market and career.

Inside Sales (Current Employee) Dublin, OH

ProsWork Life balance good, they value physical fitness

Consbunch of 24 year old girls running entire marketing department

Advice to Senior Managementlook at the experience you have currently employed

One heck of a great company . . . with a great future ahead of it!

ProsEmployee Focused
    Seeks input from all levels
    Fast growing business leads to career opportunities
    Amenities: the gym, the cafeteria, the open work spaces etc

ConsRapid growth has diminished the small family feel of before.
    Not all buy into the culture and vision.
    Nothing happens to some around me who don't do their jobs.

Advice to Senior ManagementAsk us what we think. We may surprise you with the answer to your problems.
    Go for it. We're with you.
    Be consistent and act quickly in holding each of us responsible for doing our jobs.

IGS has given me an opportunity for personal and professional growth and for that I am very grateful

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Dublin, OH

ProsI believe IGS gives you an opportunity to prove your self on merit, regardless of your education and experience going into the position. They promote internally if you do a good job. They encourage you to take accountability for your own actions, and they reward you for doing so.

ConsIt is getting a little bigger, so it is getting more of a corporate feel than when I first started working there.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Exciting company with great opportunity in a growing industry

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Dublin, OH

ProsI started working at iGS Energy about 7 months ago. I was impressed how the culture was laid back and not hierarchical. Lots of idea sharing in a growing industry. Also, IGS is expanding into new business which opens up opportunity to anyone who is self motivated in hard working.

ConsIf you need a lot of guidance and direction it may not be the place for you.

Advice to Senior ManagementI think the culture of freedom, self responsibility and sharing of information and ideas makes IGS Energy a great and rewarding place to work...I hope it stays that way.

Private organization at its finest.

Sales (Former Employee) Dublin, OH

ProsExcellent management, pay, office culture, and company values. Doesn't matter what field you're in, you would love to work it with IGS.

ConsLimited job advancement opportunities. Once you find your niche and you are successful, you will probably be doing that role for a while. Most of management is young and isn't going anywhere soon.

Advice to Senior ManagementGreatest place to work if you are interested in this industry. This company is in it for the long haul so if that fits what you're looking for, great.

Activity will be the only way you can make quota... lots of activity!

Home Energy Consultant (Current Employee) Cincinnati, OH

ProsI like jobs that make me feel like I am making an impact on society. Bottom line- This Country was built on the beliefs of having choice and the capitalistic business model. IGS is a company that believes in serving its customers in the best way possible. Deregulated energy is one of the newbies in the American marketplace and is a very tough sale (not to mention what happened when the telecom industry was deregulated). No need to digress here. IGS promotes good energy... green energy and being responsible users of energy. Who could not like the great slogan of "an energy independent US!" I do wish we all had the means to build better solar panels, wind turbines, and heat producing worm farms (at least until liquid thorium flouride or MIT's new electric generation wonder comes on line). For now we must be ever conscious of the lowest rates from the least corrupt type of supply- right! or figure a way to use less of what's being produced into the GRID". What happens to the energy that's left in the grid? Will we have more energy reserves? An intagible product like energy/even natural gas IS somewhat a hard sell because of the govt regulations and possession of how it "flows". Now that Einstein's theory of relativity is not so much of a theory and "unification" seems to be on the horizon... a new era of "the power of tomorrow" may become reality?

ConsBrainiacs and forcasters in Dublin need to do a better job of offering rates where utility users really can see a savings on their 1st bill after the sign up. Systems- Mac is a great company, but the use of the ipad air needs much more work. Telling HEC's that customer service is important but not having any type of CRM is "hogwash". If more money is coming from FERC or PUCO (Feds) it should be distributed fairly to the real workers- not the seedy sales smooth talkers *be aware!

Advice to Senior ManagementWatch out for the sale gurus" that sweet talk you into hiring them. They are artist at making things sound better than they really are. Semantics, or should I say better semantics, are not going to be the answer to pitching the products on American consumers (yes, peeps in West VA, Ohio/Pennsylvania/Maryland, etc. are Americans). It is what it is, A BILL (not one of those on Capital Hill) and folk's hate seeing them in the P.O.? Mail Boxes.
    Fuel Rewards is a great idea- keep it going! If we can't save people money... let's come up with a good reason to choose IGS Energy. Something better than just "price protection"?

Rapid Growth Here! You have to work.

Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) San Jose, CA

ProsGreat positive work environment.
    Transparency with management (i.e. No BS, very low drama, everyone is paid on time)
    Back office support is top tier
    Management have worked their way up
    Emerging industry in deregulated energy.
    Great pay and no cap to earning potential.
    Impeccable Training from management.

ConsHave to start from the bottom and work your way up.
    2 weeks before paychecks start.
    High Competition

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement is very good. When help is needed they are there. Company can use more bilingual people especially for the CA campaign

Great Place to Work

Pros+ Relaxed environment
    + Competitive pay
    + Flexible hours in some departments
    + Great Lower Management
    + Brilliant CEO & VP
    + Most management respect self-managing employees
    + Do not have to work most weekends
    + Great revenue

Cons- Lousy Medical Benefit Provider
    - Limited or no professional growth
    - How HR deals with employee dissatisfaction
    - A few micro-managers
    - Customer Service Manager will drive good customer service representatives and good customer service will go with them
    - No longer promote from within

Advice to Senior ManagementThere are a few micro-managers that need to back off and trust their people are doing their best. There is one micro-manager in particular that needs to foster communcation between groups and not dramatize issues between departments that causes future communication problems. Kudos to Scott and Doug on running this company as well has they have. This company has its flaws but there are far worse flaws to have.

Energy Broker

Energy Broker (Former Employee) Cleveland, OH

ProsMeeting new and interesting people.

ConsCommission based. Long work hours.

Advice to Senior ManagementEmployees needs are important.

Working Man's Workman

Energy Broker (Current Employee) Cincinnati, OH

ProsOpportunity to meet new people.

ConsCommissioned based. You don't work, you don't make money.

Advice to Senior ManagementManage like you would liked to be managed.

Worked for IGS Energy? Contribute to the Community!