IGS Energy Reviews

Scott White

I love working at IGS!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dublin, OH
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dublin, OH

I have been working at IGS Energy (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great culture due to Scott White (CEO)! The company is working towards a great vision of advancing the future of energy and they will do it. Leadership at all levels is so great. IGS does a great job of hiring the only the best people and promoting from within, so the people are amazing!

Cons

So fast-paced that some people can't keep up.

Advice to Management

Slow it down the pace and/or realize when you shift direction, how much work that takes across the business.

2. Not for most people

Former Employee - Home Energy Consultant in Cincinnati, OH
    Former Employee - Home Energy Consultant in Cincinnati, OH

I worked at IGS Energy full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Potential to earn excellent money. Excellent front office people. Competency of regional management varies from excellent to poor.

Cons

Long hours - Noon to 9 pm minimum. They tell you you can have Saturdays off if you meet quota, but then they raise the quota to make that impossible. Miss quota 3 times and you are out. Some months are good, but others your price is too high and you won't make any sales.

Advice to Management

Offer more short term rate options to be price competitive with the utilities year-round, not just winter gas and summer electric.

Not what they tell you

Current Employee - Home Energy Consultant in Maumee, OH
    Current Employee - Home Energy Consultant in Maumee, OH

I have been working at IGS Energy full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They pay you 20 cents per mile, except you might be traveling 70+ miles a day... Not really a pro

Cons

At first they make you believe this job is no ordinary door to door sales, and then for orientation they take you down to Dublin, OH and put you up in a really nice hotel for one night. The term for this is "HoneyPotting", they show you all the amazing things they can offer, then once you get sent to your branch reality sets in.... Im a door to door salesman and 99% of the people i talk to want nothing to do with you... THE END

Advice to Management

DONT SOLICIT PEOPLE

sales rep

Current Employee - Sales Consultant in Toledo, OH
    Current Employee - Sales Consultant in Toledo, OH

I have been working at IGS Energy full-time (More than a year)

Pros

nice people i worked with management is very poor

Cons

make you go out in below zero weather to knock on doors and if you dont get your quote for the week they will fire you

Advice to Management

get some full time management in the office

6. Great pay, management, hours, and work atmosphere.

I worked at IGS Energy

Pros

IGS Energy compensates their employees very well, while not overloading them an extreme amount of work. Management is very laid back and personable, not uncommon to have a conversation with the CEO, CSO, CFO etc.

Cons

Interns in departments outside of the sales team often feel left out of the intern group and are not offered the same amount of benefits/opportunities.

Advice to Management

Provide more feed back to the interns throughout the summer so that they can make improvements. Besides that not one complaint.

awesome company.

Current Employee - Territory Manager in Beachwood, OH
    Current Employee - Territory Manager in Beachwood, OH

I have been working at IGS Energy full-time

Pros

You feel a sense of ownership everyday and feels great to provide a great product that every American uses and needs. Excellent base salary and the best commission plan I've ever seen. No weekends ever. Great work/life balance. Every employee treated with decency and Respect. great benefits and 401 k too. I enjoy coming to work.

Cons

Can't think of any.

Advice to Management

Keep Up good wOrk. Management is very down to earth. And it all starts from the ceo and president who is very humble and leads the core beliefs that every employee embodies.

Everyone wants to work here, they just don't it yet....

I have been working at IGS Energy full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great company that takes care of their employees! Great pay, full health care benefits, 401K plan with a company match, and an awesome amount of vacation time. I absolutely love working at IGS Energy and don't plan on leaving anytime soon. The company is growing very rapidly and there is tons of long term growth with your career. Everyone's voice is heard and they take advice on how to improve on things on a regular basis.

Cons

Overall, there is nothing I would consider a "con."

9. Learning Sales face to face

Former Employee - Home Energy Consultant in Obetz, OH
    Former Employee - Home Energy Consultant in Obetz, OH

I worked at IGS Energy full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Excellent pay and benefits with commissions. Meet many interesting people Great company Learn to react quickly to use sales techniques

Cons

Not for everyone, especially if your shy Weather comes into play Bad reputation of door to door sales

Advice to Management

Its hard to keep consistant new sales, I suggest establishing relationships w/ a community. Keeping one or two faces to work larger areas.

Unprofessional to say the least.

Former Employee - Consultant in Modesto, CA
    Former Employee - Consultant in Modesto, CA

I worked at IGS Energy part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Must be self motivated to succeed Great for people who want to start over Great for people that love talking to people And very good for FEARLESS people. I'm guessing good pay, considering there are people still working for the company on commission for more than 2 years. Green energy and actually wants to save it's customers money unlike a lot of the other gas and electricity suppliers. Means well.

Cons

Only payed on commission Working long hours despite working "part time" If you don't get any pick up's, you're screwed. The people I worked with in California are...Unprofessional to say the least. They know their things, but the way things were conducted was ridiculous, but one of my biggest gripes with this company was that they would have people working in a dangerous city up until 7 in the afternoon with drug attics out. Even the people that we were trying to get to sign were upset that they'd have us working out there at night, which really made me question if the company,"cares" about their consultants.Even less when I asked one of my co workers why they do that he replied,"Oh that's nothing, they'd have us work until 8 p.m then we started getting complaints so we stopped." It made the impression on me that they only cared about making sales and money.

Advice to Management

Take some control over your employee's. Be more of their boss and not their friend, take into consideration the surrounding of where you drop off your consultants. Also if you are going to buy a house and rent the rooms to employee's, set some STANDARDS. The house looks like a frat house, with stains of all kind on the walls to the carpet. Mind you this is (WAS) a nice 2 story house in the rich part of the area. Become more professional and if that means firing certain people and re accessing how to manage again, then do that. Another thing is to discuss hours with new employee's or people inquiring about the job. Be truthful to them if they will be working 4 hours (normal) or literally 10 hours out knocking on houses. Also discuss pay, do not say you get payed weekly, that you will be payed every 2 weeks for the work you did prior.

This is a great company for outside sales people.

Current Employee - Home Energy Sales in Beachwood, OH
    Current Employee - Home Energy Sales in Beachwood, OH

I have been working at IGS Energy

Pros

They are a green company and believe in capitalism with a cause. Their training of the product is excellent and there are opportunities for everyone that want it. You can make alota money as a Home Energy Consultant. Their commission structure is outstanding and worth pursuing

Cons

You are working outside in any and all elements. You are going door to door in nice residential areas providing customer service and selling natural gas and electricity. You must be in good physical shape to do this job.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work

RSS Feed </> Embed