IHS Jane's Reviews

Scott Key

1. lowes

Current Employee - Cashier
    Current Employee - Cashier

I have been working at IHS Jane's part-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

they offer above minimum wage and are very friendly

Cons

management is very poor in my store

Advice to Management

Need more communication

It was a great company for 120 years until it was demolished by the American Corporate World

I have been working at IHS Jane's full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

There were many pros and now they are all gone, after the company was acquired. Unfortunately, it was not a good fit, but it is too late now.

Cons

The company was destroyed by this acquisition and unfortunately our clients are the ones who took the biggest hit in the process. It no longer bears the prestige it once had and many companies and clients beleive we don't exist anymore, due to every effort from IHS to destroy the name, which flourished for 120 years.

Advice to Management

IHS, before acquiring new companies, think long and hard whether or not it is mutually beneficial

3. Where worker morale goes to die

Former Employee - Writer in Coulsdon, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Writer in Coulsdon, England (UK)

I worked at IHS Jane's full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Some of the former employees who were there before the IHS takeover still remain, and are to a person charming, genial and informed as to what their job is actually about. They are a dying breed though. Benefits package is good.

Cons

Worker morale was the lowest I have ever seen at any company. Yearly employee satisfaction surveys saw something like a 22% contentment rating. No pay rises. No prospects for career progression. Endless stifling performance reviews, appraisals, metric allocations. A management staff who know nothing of journalism and have little desire to learn about it. An HR department that would be a disgrace to the word "incompetent". Just hideous.

Advice to Management

Go somewhere else. For the love of god, go somewhere else and ruin a bunch of other people's lives. You are inhuman and sub-human at the same time, how is that possible?

5. A great place to work.

Former Employee - Developer
    Former Employee - Developer

I worked at IHS Jane's full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great people. Excellent Communication. Interesting Content. Flexibility on how I could do my job which resulted in a lot of work I was very proud of. Got to see advanced technology although it was obviously mainly military stuff.

Cons

Salary could've been better but it was officially a junior role and I was happy at the time.

RSS Feed </> Embed