IKEA

IKEA Reviews

Updated Jul 8, 2014

IKEA CEO Peter Agnefjall

Peter Agnefjall

Pros:
  • "Great benefits, Store Manager who really cares about everyone, fun place to work"
    in 50 reviews
  • "Great team, good benefits, great work-life balance, opportunities for development & growth"
    in 22 reviews
Cons:
  • "work life balance is not always at the forfront for coworkers"
    in 17 reviews
  • "coming from a part time you will not choose to do a full time job or work more hours"
    in 18 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Well-managed, but venomous staff.

ProsGood training, and a smart sense of what a coworker needs to get the job done. My managers were understanding and professional. Lots of different small tasks made the shifts go by somewhat quickly.

ConsNegative attitudes from the fellow coworkers force make it hard to concentrate on enjoying your job at hand. This could be a location-specific thing as I'm at a particularly student-heavy part of town. As well, the high turn-over rate meant there were rarely any extremely experienced members of the team there for very long.

Great Opportunity

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe hours were great for a working mom!

ConsThe pay was ok for the few hours I worked

Pleasant Part-time Position

Ikea Cashier (Former Employee)
    Tampa, FL

ProsIt was a fun and friendly environment. Was a very good company to work for I had no problems with management really. They were very kind to there staff with benifits for part time. Events in the community that regularly involved co-workers. Just a great over-all job for part time.

ConsWe were a brand new store when I worked there. At first there was plenty of staff for the amount of people, After a while, they reduced the on hand staff, and we usually had a very small crew which pressed us on to our limit.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake sure to be able to have enough staff on hand that can pull their own weight

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

This was a great part-time job.

Sales Associate (Former Employee)
    Covina, CA

ProsGaining benefits including a lot of time off, even as a part-time employee was a great benefit of this job. I was also able to influence decisions and sales as management actually listens to and values their employees.

ConsMost full time employees don't make that much money for the work required. It can be a grinding, very repetitive job.

Great place to build a career

Customer Relations Coworker (Current Employee)
    Charlotte, NC

ProsIKEA really believes that everyone has something to offer and works with each coworker to help them develop, whether that means learning to be a leader or just developing within your current position. Development is self-driven, meaning you have a lot of control over your growth. Management is very accessible. Pay is competitive.

ConsSame cons as most retail-working weekends, etc.

A Degree In Retailing, On The Job.

Team Leader (Former Employee)
    Atlanta, GA

ProsA wealth of continuing education, diverse ideology in regards to company culture, camaraderie, merit-based mobility opportunities actually can play out, on a world-wide basis.

ConsStagnant thought in leadership, has sometimes bred a complacent atmosphere. There is a contingency of connected co-workers in certain parts of the big box retailer.

Advice to Senior ManagementFollow the concepts laid out in the Company Handbook with more definition & commitment.

Wonderful Co-Worker Experience

Human Resources Manager (Current Employee)
    Baltimore, MD

ProsGreat Benefits and opportunities to develop and move up if you are willing to work hard.

ConsWorkload can be demanding as you need to do more with less.

Advice to Senior ManagementBetter working relationship between the line and corporate.

No Order!

Southfield At Whitemarsh, MD

ProsOpportunity for quick advancement.

ConsThe pay is below average in my opinion and most importantly management is totally disorganized. It seems like they roll out things before even testing it themselves. Also there is 0 I repeat 0 work life balance. Vacation? forget about it. need time off? good luck finding someone to switch.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet organized!

IKEA Comm-In

Interior Designer (Former Employee)
    Austin, TX

ProsCreative and low stress environment

ConsDrama and flat corporate structure. Lots of lateral opportunities if willing to re-locate. None if you want to stay put.

Summer at IKEA

Sales Co-Worker (Former Employee)
    Portland, OR

ProsCool atmosphere and 15% discount. Opportunity for decent benefit package if stay long enough.

ConsGetting time off was a pain, and the sales of the store was more important than customer service. Often did not have enough employees working on busy days.

Worked for IKEA? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at IKEA reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for IKEA CEO Peter Agnefjall. All 511 reviews posted anonymously by IKEA employees.