IKEA

IKEA Reviews

Updated Jul 27, 2014

IKEA CEO Peter Agnefjall

Peter Agnefjall

Pros
  • Great benefits, Store Manager who really cares about everyone, fun place to work (in 55 reviews)

• Great team, good benefits, great work-life balance, opportunities for development & growth (in 24 reviews)

Cons
  • work life balance is not always at the forfront for coworkers (in 18 reviews)

• coming from a part time you will not choose to do a full time job or work more hours (in 18 reviews)

More Highlights

Sales Co-Worker

Sales Co-Worker (Former Employee) Bloomington, MN

ProsPeople are really great to be around.

ConsPay is less than ideal, considering my commute.

Great place to work.

Sales Co-Worker (Current Employee) College Park, MD

ProsVery accommodating of part-time work schedule so I can go to school. Great co-workers and a fun work environment. Co-worker cafeteria with three dollar meals. Company discount is excellent. The respect individuality, no restrictions on hair length, color, or style, visible piercings and tattoos are ok. Pay is better than average for retail.

ConsIt's a retail job so lots of standing and interesting customers. Three dollar lunch is not the highest quality but it's healthier than fast-food. Can't ask too much for three dollars.

IKEA has been an amazing opportunity filled with advancement and relations.

Team Lead (Current Employee)

ProsPay, values, leadership, advancement, opportunity to grow, benefits

Conscan be overwhelming sometimes with new co-workers, and and new customers

Advice to Senior ManagementCreate a better way to explain to customers how to shop at IKEA.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Home Furnishing Sales Coworker

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Frisco, TX

Prosbenefits, people, discount
    I wish I could have stayed longer but I got a job overseas.

Consnot always enough people working at times

Smaland and Sales

Smaland (Current Employee) Sunrise, FL

Prosreally great company to work for, great benefits! Try to be a level 2 cause then you can get health and dental.

Conswish it was easier to get a level 2

Advice to Senior ManagementReally hard to get to a level 2

Ikea is really fun.

Sales Co-Worker (Current Employee) Baltimore, MD

ProsGreat benefits. Great Pay. GReat people.

ConsEverything is great. I am satisfied with everthing.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work

Overall a good company.

Logistics Co- Worker II (Current Employee) Sacramento, CA

ProsGreat company culture.
    Decent pay.
    Good training.
    Good for a part-time job.
    They take and process feedback well.
    Extra hours opportunities are plenty.
    The food is really good and cheap

ConsHeavy lifting a frequent necessity.
    Benefits take forever to kick in.
    Management is mostly people who have been there a long time and many are not a good fit for the position.
    Training happens slowly.
    The four eye principle can slow things down.
    The vendors we use sell an inefficient product on contract and should probably be changed.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe management probably is aware of the existing flaws- they're a by-product of providing opportunities. The database systems they use could be better, but an overhaul of the system could theoretically take a while and be expensive. Replacement of the Data Terminals could also be of some benefit, but I'm sure they have smarter people than me working on it.

Good start...

Ikea Food (Current Employee) San Francisco, CA

ProsMy co-workers are the reasons why i like going to work, even though there is somewhat of a language barrier amongst us. It is also because we are all from different background and culture that makes it for a very interesting working environment...Also i like it that everybody almost on the same level striving for one goal...

ConsThe pay is a bit low, since we do live in California and the cost of living seems to be outpacing us, especially in the bay area. I hope with recent news that the company will set their own min. wage that it will adjust all co-workers pay... Also i wish the company would give the Ikea Food dept some credit...it does a lot in the store and bring in the customer with special events and do catering for the store and etc...it just doesn't get the recognition it deserves....

Great culture and Values

Inventory Specialist (Current Employee)

Prosample opportunity for leadership growth, strong culture and values within the company as a whole. Great benefits! The co-workers are great people with strong values similar to those of the company.

ConsCulture and Values within management group not as strong as with co-workers. Apart from that...its great!

Proud of the companies values

ProsThe company has strong values, uses sustainable practices and is one of the largest contributors to charity organizations around the world and in local communities.

ConsOperational costs have been cut too tight which has decreased the level of customer service and has increased stress and demands on coworkers. Many issues affected negatively by tightening operational costs are not being resolved but rather band aids are covering gapping wounds. Makes for a stressful work day with the volume of customers and sales. Many top managers seem completely out of touch with the demands placed upon their employees and are more concerned with tightening costs for the sake of their own bonus checks.

Advice to Senior ManagementFollow the nine points of the company. Build upon the value of togetherness. Focus on improving replenishment, add enough hours into the budget so that inventory controls can be adhered to to improve upon accurate inventory and staffing hours to put product out, maintain product accuracy, provide through customer service from sales staff, cash staff, home delivery staff, full serve staff. Stop putting the priority on cutting back on staffing hours and your bonus checks.

Worked for IKEA? Contribute to the Community!