IKEA Reviews

700 reviews filtered by
3.6
IKEA CEO Peter Agnefjall
Peter Agnefjall

Pros
  • i believe that work-life balance would be good and working enviroments are all friendly (in 29 reviews)

• Great benefits package is the only reason I have stayed with this company for so long (in 65 reviews)

Cons
  • work life balance is not always at the forfront for coworkers (in 20 reviews)

• coming from a part time you will not choose to do a full time job or work more hours (in 20 reviews)

1. Great company to work for, but expect to work hard with limited means

Current Employee - Manager
    Current Employee - Manager

I have been working at IKEA full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Excellent pay for management based on retail stores. Fantastic benefits for everyone. If your store stays on top of managing their finances there is a bonus for all hourly and salaried co-workers.

Cons

Experience varies greatly from one location to another. It boils down to the discretion and direction chosen by the store manager and the steering group

I wish our hourly co-workers made more. There needs to be more consistency and structure from store to store. The service office and upper management needs to pay more attention to trends and leadership at the store level.

2. Fun! Fun! Fun

Former Employee - Human Resources Coordinator in East Palo Alto, CA
    Former Employee - Human Resources Coordinator in East Palo Alto, CA

I worked at IKEA full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great company, great benefits, IKEA as a company is above the law (At least when i worked there).

Cons

Retail, need I say more? Its open on weekends, so expect to work them. And they are only closed 2 days a year.

3. Ikea is a great company with great people

I have been working at IKEA

Pros

Working with people who really care about their jobs, and more over, you as a coworker. Professional development is something they provide for everyone.

Cons

For such a large company, they seem to be behind the times. The corporate office holds a lot if information close to the chest, giving the stores very little information to work with.

I think more transparency would go a long ways. More than that, giving coworkers the opportunity to voice opinions and concerns on bigger picture operations, that will affect them.

5. Great company to work for, would recommend.

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at IKEA part-time (more than a year)

Pros

Great benefits, good work culture, nice facilities, nice coworkers.

Cons

Managers sometimes show favoritism among coworkers.

6. A great company, with potential to spare...

Former Employee - Logistics Co- Worker II in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Logistics Co- Worker II in Atlanta, GA

I worked at IKEA part-time (more than a year)

Pros

IKEA's company culture is second to none. Compensation is reasonable for a retail environment, with positions in logistics and showroom on the higher end. Easy place to make friends and professional connections. Honestly I miss the place.

Cons

Possible cuts in hours and, consequentially, benefits - dependent upon needs of the business. However this is understandable as a big-box retailer.

Allow for personal growth of your long-term associates and they will not let you down.

7. I have been working at IKEA

Pros

It's very convenient and close to my house. There are so many other stores in the area that I love to visit too.

Cons

Customers and certain coworkers could be very rude and ignorant at times. Hard to get time off because you can't ask coworkers to cover your shift.

When coworkers need time off, they should be able to ask one of their coworkers to cover for them. It's very inconvenient when stuck working a shift with only yourself there.

8. This was a cool company with a great atmosphere.

Former Employee - Home Furnishing Sales Associate in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Home Furnishing Sales Associate in Atlanta, GA

I worked at IKEA part-time (less than a year)

Pros

There is a chance for advancement at this company. You have an opportunity to move both through department and up through the ranks. There are awesome benefits for those lucky enough to work there permanently. amazing benefits, they buy you lunch on peak days, everyone is pretty approachable. They have employee carnivals and picnics and give great Christmas gifts.

Cons

Some of the same challenges that exist in any retail environment are present here. I will also add that generally it starts as a part time position,. It can take a while to get on full time. But pt has full benefits.

Continue to treat your employees well! Everyone loves to work a job that has incentives and shows appeeciation.

9. Great experience, micro managed.

Former Employee - Team Leader
    Former Employee - Team Leader

I worked at IKEA full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great benefits, trainings and ability to move up.

Cons

Working in food, it can be tough to prioritize everything in 40hrs per week. Call outs are ridiculous and the top bosses expect results, when always feeling like you are behind, which in turn doesn't grow a business. It is all about the numbers and HR always have the back of the coworker vs management which can be tough and stressful. Entitled coworkers think they own everything and abuse the great benefits that IKEA offers. This gets tiring and again, is stressful.

Tighten up on attendance policy. Creating such entitled coworkers isn't beneficial long term. IKEA is a whole team, yet food is looked upon like a step child.

10. Sales Coworker Level 2

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Emeryville, CA
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Emeryville, CA

I have been working at IKEA

Pros

The coworkers, benefits, flexibility. 401(k) for college kids like me.

Cons

Customer BS, some management politics

Train sales managers on emotional intelligence.

11. Best Place I've Ever Worked

Current Employee - Ikea FOOD Cashier in Frisco, TX
    Current Employee - Ikea FOOD Cashier in Frisco, TX

I have been working at IKEA part-time (more than a year)

Pros

Benefits, discounts, flexible hours, great co-workers and management, person growth, PTO/Benefits at part-time.

Cons

Some lack of organization and communication, short hours, and weekends off are rare.

Work on communication across departments, even though they're divided they should all work as one and when one is confused on how the other functions it makes working together difficult.