IKEA

IKEA Reviews

Updated Jul 24, 2014

IKEA CEO Peter Agnefjall

Peter Agnefjall

Pros
  • Great benefits, Store Manager who really cares about everyone, fun place to work(in 55 reviews)

• Great team, good benefits, great work-life balance, opportunities for development & growth(in 24 reviews)

Cons
  • work life balance is not always at the forfront for coworkers(in 18 reviews)

• coming from a part time you will not choose to do a full time job or work more hours(in 18 reviews)

IKEA has been an amazing opportunity filled with advancement and relations.

Team Lead (Current Employee)

ProsPay, values, leadership, advancement, opportunity to grow, benefits

Conscan be overwhelming sometimes with new co-workers, and and new customers

Advice to Senior ManagementCreate a better way to explain to customers how to shop at IKEA.

Ikea is really fun.

Sales Co-Worker (Current Employee) Baltimore, MD

ProsGreat benefits. Great Pay. GReat people.

ConsEverything is great. I am satisfied with everthing.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work

amazing company, with intellectual management

Sales Co-Worker (Current Employee) Perth, Western Australia (Australia)

Prosflexible working hours
    heaps of opportunity to work in different department within IKEA
    pay rate is appreciable

Consyou need to be fit for physical lifting.
    excellent customer service skills are required

Advice to Senior Managementthere should be a department meeting every month to discuss the ongoing issues

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

it was an good learning experience

Sales Associate (Former Employee) Emeryville, CA

Prosgood time off. sick pay. vacation. good benefits

Conssometimes it feels like high school, too much gossip

Great.

Returns Co-worker (Former Employee) Woodbridge, VA

ProsManagement was approachable and friendly. Appreciated the companies honest concern and approach to helping the environment and humanity. Decent benefits. Looks of opportunities for upwards mobility. Good salary for retail positions.

ConsNothing specific to the company. Working in retail is tough! Dealing with unpleasant customers, working weekends, nights, and holidays, etc.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep it up! No major complaints from me.

Life at IKEA

ProsGreat company, very limited higherarchy, promotes giving and taking responsibility in your everyday work

ConsIts a "marmite company". You will either love the freedom and lack of 'doing it by the book' or you will hate it. Can become a little like a 'cult'

awesome

Sales Associate (Current Employee) New Brunswick, NJ

Prossupportive managers, competitive pay, amazing benefits, awesome amount of vacation time, strong focus on customer service

Conslots of family ties and personal relationships can make moving up difficult. it's who you know, not necessarily the knowledge or experience you have

I loved IKEA!

Home Furnishing Sales Associate (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsGreat company to work for, you are treated like a human being rather than a drone, advancement opportunities abound.

ConsPay is fairly low and hours are inconsistent. But, much better working conditions than most retail establishments.

Hard work for low pay.

Recovery Co-Worker (Former Employee) Frisco, TX

ProsCompany had a great atmosphere. Encouraged you to better yourself with goals in mind. Managers were understanding when you had to take time off.

ConsNot all of the different departments worked very well with each other. This would decrease production and make work more difficult. The work was more difficult than the wages were worth.

Amazing opportunity for good work-life balance

Human Resources Generalist (Current Employee)

ProsGreat team, good benefits, great work-life balance, opportunities for development & growth. Lots of people have been with the company and have grown into lots of new roles.

ConsChange is slow- lots of discussion before things change. Unrealistic expectations for new co-workers leads to high turnover in difficult areas

Advice to Senior ManagementKeeping developing talent- awesome succession within the store.

Worked for IKEA? Contribute to the Community!