IKON Office Solutions PLC

IKON Office Solutions PLC President Phil Keoghan

Phil Keoghan

5 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Not pleasant in Los Angeles

Master Technician (Former Employee)

ProsAlready had experience from San Francisco

ConsWas never accepted by Los Angeles technicians.Always got thw short end of the stick. One raise in six years.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement was a joke, especially my last year.

Worked there for 10 yrs....Glad I left

Account Executive (Former Employee)
    Los Angeles, CA

ProsA great variety of solutions, good equipment, flexible financing. In my area great service techs. A lot of freedom while out in the sales field. Environmental Sustainability.

ConsPoor management, Poor order processing, slow deliveries. Complicated promotions. Constant territory changes which is hard when you work on an acct for many years to have them taken from you because management gives the opportunity to "friends". Assigned Accts being upgraded by other reps with local management support. Improper relationships between management and sales force. Very poor support on software sales. Laziness. HR issues never resolved, fighting, low moral. Constant threats of losing your job. Service techs spread too thin, and treated poorly by sales force and management.. Ikon was once an industry leader Sales management needs to be upgraded....and disposed of in Ricoh's giant copier shredder!

Advice to Senior ManagementI didn't know how bad of an environment I was working in until I left. I was a total company person for many years, I thought I would never leave. Its been a little over a year now and I have NO regrets. SInce I left 3 other tenured reps have left with 25, 17 and 9 yrs experience. Wake up Ricoh! Area VP's need to start asking their tenured staff (personally) why they are leaving and in large numbers. Especially in the California area. HR should be replaced improper relationships between HR and management which means NO resource for employees to turn to without major retaliation by local staff. Entire sales teams lying to HR about issues because there is NO follow thru on complaints. In my years we had 3 lawsuit worthy complaints that were never taken seriously by HR. Once you make those kinds of accusations you will NEVER work in the copy industry again so out of fear , The code of silence is in full effect. If the person causing the trouble is making their sales numbers Nothing will happen to them , PERIOD! You will pay literally if you complain about, name calling, sexual comments, stealing accounts, endless territory changes so the preferred reps get the sale. In a nutshell IKON is a joke....I Know One Name= IKON= Misery! Glad I am out of the industry completely.

Great

Los Angeles, CA

ProsFelxible, room for growth great benifit program

ConsSalary is low, manament should listen to staff more

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to staff

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Look Elsewhere

Major Account Executive (Former Employee)
    Irvine, CA

ProsGood camaraderie with co-workers. Decent benefits.

ConsIncompetent management team. Eroded compensation and product offering with Ricoh acquisition have destroyed a successful business model. Management on all levels continues to use the same methods of twenty years ago in an economic and technically challenging period for the document management industry. Customers are not printing documents at anything close to the same levels they were a couple of years ago, and are realizing the paperless office is cheaper and more environmentally friendly to operate. Management methods embody the definition of insanity, "doing the same thing over and over again, and expecting a different result." Stress and aggravation not worth the low paying opportunity.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet a clue and look outside. Or better yet, go away.

Average job for copier sales

Sales Associate (Former Employee)
    Agoura Hills, CA

ProsI was a sales rep...the good news is that you get out of the office every day.

ConsYou have to sell around 30k a month is copier sales. That can be done...but doing it month in and month out sucks. You get reviewed every Friday and meetings every Monday mornings.

Advice to Senior ManagementGive your Sales Rep more advertising and other leads. Cold Calling is a part of the job...sure...fine...but getting some support is nice

Worked for IKON Office Solutions PLC? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at IKON Office Solutions PLC reviews and ratings in Los Angeles, CA — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for IKON Office Solutions PLC CEO Phil Keoghan. All 5 reviews posted anonymously by IKON Office Solutions PLC employees.