IKON Office Solutions PLC

IKON Office Solutions PLC Reviews in Los Angeles, CA

2.9

IKON Office Solutions PLC President Phil Keoghan
Phil Keoghan

Pros
  • Nice environment, friendly co-workers, good benefits (in 7 reviews)

• Large company with lots of opportunity (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Low base salary - typical huge company feel (in 3 reviews)

• No training available & IT is very dynamic (in 3 reviews)

More Highlights

5 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Great

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at IKON Office Solutions PLC

Pros

Felxible, room for growth great benifit program

Cons

Salary is low, manament should listen to staff more

Listen to staff

Worked there for 10 yrs....Glad I left

Former Employee - Account Executive in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at IKON Office Solutions PLC full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

A great variety of solutions, good equipment, flexible financing. In my area great service techs. A lot of freedom while out in the sales field. Environmental Sustainability.

Cons

Poor management, Poor order processing, slow deliveries. Complicated promotions. Constant territory changes which is hard when you work on an acct for many years to have them taken from you because management gives the opportunity to "friends". Assigned Accts being upgraded by other reps with local management support. Improper relationships between management and sales force. Very poor support on software sales. Laziness. HR issues never resolved, fighting, low moral. Constant threats of losing your job. Service techs spread too thin, and treated poorly by sales force and management.. Ikon was once an industry leader Sales management needs to be upgraded....and disposed of in Ricoh's giant copier shredder!

I didn't know how bad of an environment I was working in until I left. I was a total company person for many years, I thought I would never leave. Its been a little over a year now and I have NO regrets. SInce I left 3 other tenured reps have left with 25, 17 and 9 yrs experience. Wake up Ricoh! Area VP's need to start asking their tenured staff (personally) why they are leaving and in large numbers. Especially in the California area. HR should be replaced improper relationships between HR and management which means NO resource for employees to turn to without major retaliation by local staff. Entire sales teams lying to HR about issues because there is NO follow thru on complaints. In my years we had 3 lawsuit worthy complaints that were never taken seriously by HR. Once you make those kinds of accusations you will NEVER work in the copy industry again so out of fear , The code of silence is in full effect. If the person causing the trouble is making their sales numbers Nothing will happen to them , PERIOD! You will pay literally if you complain about, name calling, sexual comments, stealing accounts, endless territory changes so the preferred reps get the sale. In a nutshell IKON is a joke....I Know One Name= IKON= Misery! Glad I am out of the industry completely.

Not pleasant in Los Angeles

Former Employee - Master Technician in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Master Technician in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at IKON Office Solutions PLC full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Already had experience from San Francisco

Cons

Was never accepted by Los Angeles technicians.Always got thw short end of the stick. One raise in six years.

Management was a joke, especially my last year.

Look Elsewhere

Former Employee - Major Account Executive in Irvine, CA
    Former Employee - Major Account Executive in Irvine, CA

I worked at IKON Office Solutions PLC

Pros

Good camaraderie with co-workers. Decent benefits.

Cons

Incompetent management team. Eroded compensation and product offering with Ricoh acquisition have destroyed a successful business model. Management on all levels continues to use the same methods of twenty years ago in an economic and technically challenging period for the document management industry. Customers are not printing documents at anything close to the same levels they were a couple of years ago, and are realizing the paperless office is cheaper and more environmentally friendly to operate. Management methods embody the definition of insanity, "doing the same thing over and over again, and expecting a different result." Stress and aggravation not worth the low paying opportunity.

Get a clue and look outside. Or better yet, go away.

Average job for copier sales

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Agoura Hills, CA
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Agoura Hills, CA

I worked at IKON Office Solutions PLC

Pros

I was a sales rep...the good news is that you get out of the office every day.

Cons

You have to sell around 30k a month is copier sales. That can be done...but doing it month in and month out sucks. You get reviewed every Friday and meetings every Monday mornings.

Give your Sales Rep more advertising and other leads. Cold Calling is a part of the job...sure...fine...but getting some support is nice