IKON

www.ikon.com
Profile Unclaimed

My experience at IKON Office Solutions was not being recognized for my accomplishments.

Former Employee - Billing Associate in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Billing Associate in Houston, TX

I worked at IKON

Pros

Insurance and time off were great incentives. Co-workers made it tolerable to come to work every day.

Cons

Too many daily reports. Unjust metric performance reviews. No overtime but employee expectations were do your job in 8 hours.

Be more diversified, especially with non-african americans. No support from managers and they definitely did not have your back.

It's all about micromanaging and the bottom line and nothing else

Current Employee - Site Leader in Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - Site Leader in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at IKON

Pros

There are some great people in the organization.

Cons

High turnover. Little appreciation for truly awesome employees. Very isolating with little interaction between teams at other locations. Send in a million useless reports. Train until you drop. Please the customer to the point where your actions don't even make sense anymore. Many teams are practically at war with their own customers. At the end of the day it's all about the bottom line and how much you can bill your customer. There is little support for team members who need it. Even if you do everything right, you won't see much for your efforts. Don't even think about asking for a raise.

Get organized! Team members are busy working for their customers and cannot spend a lot of time on reports that don't get read and training that doesn't really matter. Incentive pay for bringing in revenue, cutting costs or customer retention would boost morale in a big way.

Down hill fall

Current Employee - Technical Specialist in Grand Rapids, MI
    Current Employee - Technical Specialist in Grand Rapids, MI

I have been working at IKON

Pros

Great vacation policy. great co-workers

Cons

If we dont pass a usless test we get demoted to entry level. Makes 26 years of service a total waste according to senior managment.
    Moral couldnt be any lower. Used to love my job,,now I HATE IT.

You should really be ashamed, How would you like to be treated like this.
    You wont get good customer service with VERY UNHAPPY people.
    Ricoh is the worst thing that ever happened to Ikon. The people we have from Ricoh are usless and dont have a clue.

IKON brought out the worst qualities in almost everyone who worked there

Former Employee - Account Manager 3-Legal Document Services in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Account Manager 3-Legal Document Services in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at IKON

Pros

You get to build relationships with high powered attorneys and corporate legal departments and C-level clients. They also have excellent training but it is too long.

Cons

The Sales and Production/Operations divisions are at constant odds which makes the position unnecessarily difficult. Sales has a high turnover and Operations consists of hourly employees who take out their frustrations on the salespeople.

Hire support people and production managers who will do their job and act professionally.

Great company to get professional experience.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I have been working at IKON

Pros

The first position I had with IKON allowed me to work in multple offices and companies in the area. I was able to see what it was like to work in a variety of environments.

Cons

I am technically a contract worker at multiple companies. It would be nice to work directly for a company and only have one boss to answer to.

IKON management is very respectful to their employees.

Management is too concered their own careers.

Current Employee - Site Supervisor in Milwaukee, WI
    Current Employee - Site Supervisor in Milwaukee, WI

I have been working at IKON

Pros

the work is easy. had i not had experience before i was hired, i would be lost.

Cons

comming from outside of ikon, unless you have a manager who has their head in the game, you have to wing it. the training is done on computer and is boring. my work history is not utilized.

too much of your management walks around with a smile and wants you to have a delightful experience, get real. there is resentment and confusion with this ricoh situation. it is not favorable among those who have wokred or hired by ikon.

Beware! Rikon is the next new nightmare!

Current Employee - Manager in New Orleans, LA
    Current Employee - Manager in New Orleans, LA

I have been working at IKON

Pros

Good benefits in terms of number of days off as well as insurance. Ricoh was a better company before Ikon got their hands on them.

Cons

Poor management, no communication to staff, favoritism towards certain employees, no pay raises, crazy policies.

I can not understand how a company that went bankrupt twice gets bought out by Ricoh and then totally takes over. Unlike some I am not scared of change nor do I fear it, however Ricoh just announced that they are losing 10,000 over the next 3 years. That's a bad sign for a company that just bought another company that went bankrupt before. Too bad the managers are too stupid to see the writing on the wall, all they have told us is be happy it won't affect you. Yeah with the exception that Ricoh is now trying to show a profit by bleeding their employees and turning them into Ikon drones.

Also expect Ricoh offices to close around America and firmly become Ikon. If you've never experienced Ikon or have an account a word of warning...their policies come before your business every time.

Get your head out of the sand and start talking to your employees. Announcing that your losing 10,000 jobs over the next 3 years is pretty shocking to read in the paper without first getting something in the corporate email! Consider hiring managers with training!

IKON is the best company I have worked for so far.

Current Employee - Site Supervisor in Chesterfield, MO
    Current Employee - Site Supervisor in Chesterfield, MO

I have been working at IKON

Pros

A lot of training available in every subject and compentency imaginable
    Flexibility with time off, I've never been turned down once for a day off
    Benefits, I haven't paid a medical bill in 6 years

Cons

Job security, when the contract ends, it's unknown if you will still have a job
    Training... can be a little forceful, mandatory actually
    Communication within departments, sales doesn't talk to IMS, that sort of thing

Don't force the training. Whom ever doesn't want it doesn't get promoted.

Emotionally draining with no respect from any sales management-from us new reps through the senior sales reps.

Current Employee - Account Executive in Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at IKON

Pros

The service departments are the best of any around regarding professionalism, ability to service the equipment, courteous with all customers and excellent customer response time. IKON has the best solutions and service to back it up.

Cons

The Indiana territory has the most experienced sales team out of many regions in the United States. Most sales people look up to the experienced ones. Unfortunately the senior management sales staff has outlived their positions and need to move on. They have created and fostered a hostile work environment and everyone knows not to go to HR or you will receive your walking papers. If they treat their people this way, you can imagine how they could turn on their customers.

Instead of continually asking for surveys--when management continues to get the lowest scores - listen to your foot soldiers - It's time to impeach management in Indiana so your hard working sales people can focus on selling instead of watching their backs with no one to trust.

Great Learning and first Sales job experience

Former Employee - Account Executive in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Washington, DC

I worked at IKON

Pros

Intensive training program, entry level sales support, great way to learn sales basics, highly respected in sales industry by other employers (resume builder), competitive first year salary potential, professional environment.

This is fantastic first job. You get great on the job experience and it really prepares you for working in the corporate world. There are often opportunities for advancement very quickly, and regular sales contests are motivating.

Cons

equipment service/ support, upper management sometimes disorganized, disorganization through out the corporate office, lack of professionalism among co-workers, high turnover.