IKON Reviews

1. Good Stepping Stone

Former Employee - Account Executive in Raleigh, NC
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Raleigh, NC

I worked at IKON

Pros

IKON is a great place to start a sales career. Good training and structure and energetic teams provide solid foundation.

Cons

Small territories and large number of reps create crossover and tension causing confusion and heavy internal politics. Low base salary and heavy competition makes it increasingly difficult to make decent commissions.

Advice to Management

Leadership is skeptical and often show favoritism toward certain reps making inner office politics very critical towards success. Top earning reps get to where they are by playing the internal game the best.

2. Good Entry Level Sales Position

Former Employee - Account Executive in Walnut Creek, CA
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Walnut Creek, CA

I worked at IKON

Pros

- All sales organizations respect copier reps (to good opportunity to move up in a different organization) - You can earn the right to a good territory - Great sales training program - You learn a lot about leasing

Cons

- Really bad operational systems - Billing is upside down - Horrible customer service

Advice to Management

Fix your delivery and operational systems. Streamline processes and make sure that they are more linear than circuitous.

3. IKON management ?

Current Employee - Account Executive in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at IKON

Pros

Benefit Package and working facility

Cons

No decision making power at the local level.

Advice to Management

Quit covering each others backside and do whats right.

5. i only know sales

Current Employee - Account Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Account Manager in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at IKON

Pros

known brand, decent products; services

Cons

micromanaged; crm is slow, promotions are a joke

Advice to Management

be more collaborative

6. IKON I know one name (I'd like to give it)

Former Employee - Senior Sales Representative in Cincinnati, OH
    Former Employee - Senior Sales Representative in Cincinnati, OH

I worked at IKON

Pros

Great place to start and finish if you are considering BtoB sales. Great place to work if you can tolerate marginal service and administrative performance.

Cons

IKON is challenged to provide services they profess to provide. When they went from DBA's to IKON they fired everyone that build that office equipment business for them to save money.

Advice to Management

Support your promisses to customers. Dont abandon your sales reps to the whims of an incompetent service/support department. Empower them to be honest with client by providing a realistic business plan.

7. Good place to work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

I have been working at IKON

Pros

Great benefits, good people, good job

Cons

lots of turnover on the entry level account managers that we support

Advice to Management

Senior consultant role is good opp to increase market shar and earnings over normal equipment offerings, it sometimes gets dropped to make sure equipment delivers

8. Good first year experience

Former Employee - Account Representative in Harrisburg, PA
    Former Employee - Account Representative in Harrisburg, PA

I worked at IKON

Pros

I loved the people I worked with and the flexability of my schedule.

Cons

This was my first sales job out of college and I didn't get very good direction from my manager. I felt lost pretty much the entire time that I worked there.

Advice to Management

Give new reps a little more direction then just having a 1 year tenured rep train a new hire

9. Ikon = I Know One Name became I'm Kind Of Nauseous

Former Employee - Customer Service Technician in Florida, PR
    Former Employee - Customer Service Technician in Florida, PR

I worked at IKON

Pros

Generous sick and vacation policy. Very good coworkers - hourly staffers try to help each other out. Good training programs for new equipment. Good equipment, encourages ownership of territory.

Cons

The only advancement is when they have done massive layoffs and you are lucky enough to fill a newly vacated slot. Continous pay freeze (3 years and running) newly enacted furlough system. Layoffs are "random" so even if you perform that's no gurantee that they will bother to take it into account. Training goes full steam ahead for a quarter and then stops and then goes. If you really go ut of your way to take care of your customers it will probably be held against you. All of the stats that management lives and dies by is all manipulated and fluffed.

Advice to Management

Triple the sales staff. Eliminate 75% of the unnecesary paperwork required to purchase or lease a copier. Fire the entire billing operation or actually fix it. Turn off the automated phone systems and hire someone to answer them. Eliminate the Espeite's - Espe was good at getting the compnay ready for sale - that's about the extent of his talents. Get middle and senior management into the field working with sales and service - how can they possibly run this company when they don't bother to leave the office.

10. Good place to work for the most part.

Former Employee - Account Executive in Centennial, CO
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Centennial, CO

I worked at IKON

Pros

I started at IKON before Ricoh purchased them. Before the merger, IKON was great! The income opportunity was there and there were great product lines. Management was there to help you if you needed it.

Cons

After the merger, income opportunity dropped. The sales process took forever and considering the size of the company, it was hard to get an answer on anything that couldn't come directly from management.

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees. Pay more on current account placements.

11. Look Elsewhere

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Malvern, PA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Malvern, PA

I worked at IKON

Pros

Nice people, 8am-5pm working hours, convenient suburban location, name recognition

Cons

Sweatshop, tries to do too much with too little, limited professional and career advancement, short-sighted approach by management values short-term company gains over long-term advancement of company and employee goals

Advice to Management

Cure myopic approach to management; embrace long-term strategies that advance both the company and the professional and career goals of excellent employees in order to retain them

RSS Feed </> Embed