IM Flash Technologies

IM Flash Technologies Reviews

Updated Jul 18, 2014

IM Flash Technologies Co-CEOs Jason Dunn & Keyvan Esfarjani

Jason Dunn & Keyvan Esfarjani

Pros
  • The people are great and the economy in Utah seems very strong(in 7 reviews)

• Pay is good and benfits are good if they are not cut again(in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • Rotating shift work affects your home life(in 6 reviews)

• They represented living by core values and being a technology leader, but we wear pagers (seriously(in 5 reviews)

The work is challenging the company has good values and good opportunities for advancement.

Engineering Technician (Current Employee) Lehi, UT

ProsBenefits and decent pay. Lots of time off if you don't mind the 12 hour shifts.

ConsHorrible promotion system. Have to rotate your shift every 4 months.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop rotating the fab workers shift from nights to days and back again every 4 months.

So far, so good

Process Engineer (Current Employee) Lehi, UT

ProsI have not worked here for very long, but the company really cares about employees and their safety. Everyone has to undergo extensive safety training that, while tedious, helps reduce accidents. The people are good to work with too. The supervisors care and meet with each team member one on one to review any concerns.

Cons12 hour shifts are not the best. Almost all entry level positions are 12 hour shifts and can be days or nights.

Advice to Senior ManagementGive more chances for raises, even if the person recently got a promotion or new position.

Awesome company

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Lehi, UT

ProsIM Flash is a great Values based company. They are the leaders in the NAND Flash technology. They use the latest an greatest cutting edge technology and have great benefits.

ConsThere is no gym currently on site. They are in the process of planning and building one. The Semiconductor industry is very cyclical, meaning bonuses are great when the market is doing well.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great company, moderately good people.

Tool Technician (Former Employee) Lehi, UT

ProsChallenging. Great technical experience a lot of great engineering marvels with great equipment.

Consprocedural inconsistency. Some of the people are a bit independent in the team environment.

Fantastic, cutting edge company in terms of product and culture

ProsExcellent pay, benefits, rewards, and people. Management is open and listens. Good family type atmosphere with fun activities such as renting out Cowabunga Bay for four nights and hiring Frank Caliendo to entertain the company. Definitely always trying to improve based on team member feedback. Great Time Off program. Values based culture

ConsSemiconductor industry is extremely fast paced and cyclical and very competitive. Shift work--operate 24/7, 365 days a year. Manufacturing environment

Had a rocky start, getting better.

Engineering Supervisor (Former Employee) Lehi, UT

ProsManagement is highly engaged to create the best career opportunities for everyone while trying to remove roadblocks for people trying to get their work done.
    Great vacation.
    Decent pay.
    Good flexibility.

ConsLong hours and a lot of flexibility required on the employee side.

Advice to Senior ManagementCulture is moving in the right direction! Keep it up!
    On the other hand, the safety department was always deficient in their planning and implementation. When adding to the fab, IE. new tools or additional space, it's best to get people from all perspectives involved in the planning. Technicians and engineers that will work on or around that equipment will bring a unique perspective that can't be overlooked.

Good Company

ProsGood 401k Match. Bonuses are nice. Friendly atmosphere

ConsPromotions are hard to come by. Bonuses are dependent of Goals that may be out of your control.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake a proactive approach to growing your people

Great working environment. Job is challenging and rewarding.

Anonymous (Current Employee)

ProsGreat team atmosphere, focus on company values... Competitive compensation package.

ConsHave to get into the "inner circle" for management opportunities.

Advice to Senior ManagementProvide recognition at all levels, do not focus solely on individuals working in the fab.

Committed to Success

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Lehi, UT

ProsGreat opportunities to work in a state of the art facility.
    Beautiful location in the middle of the mountains of Utah.
    Great pay and benefits, good bonus programs
    Great time off program
    Core Values that dictate decisions
    Leadership with an open door, willing to listen to concerns and questions
    I am recognized for my contributions

ConsBeing a joint venture means having to please two parent companies at the same time. There can be a perception that Micron controls too many decisions. I believe this perception to be wrong, but it exists.
    Sometimes the work environment is different in other departments. This can lead to different levels of morale based on which area you work in.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue the focus on our core values. Keep taking care of the employees and trust us to take care of the business. Set clear expectations for all managers/supervisors to help create a consistent work environment for all.

Good place to work

Electronics Technician II (Current Employee) Lehi, UT

ProsPeople are great to work with. The bonuses are based on company and personal performance. There is opportunity to advance. You can only go as far as you work and education will take you.

ConsTo many politics for promotions. To much secrecy on compensation at all levels.

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed more flexibility for submitting project ideas. Allow people to know what they can make at higher levels in the company so that people do not look for better opportunities else where.

Worked for IM Flash Technologies? Contribute to the Community!