IM Flash Technologies

Updated November 9, 2014
3.8

IM Flash Technologies Co-CEOs Jason Dunn & Keyvan Esfarjani
Jason Dunn & Keyvan Esfarjani

Pros
  • Attractive for new college graduates looking for work life balance in this area (in 10 reviews)

• The people are great and the economy in Utah seems very strong (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • Opportunities to interview for either of the parent companies (Intel and Micron) is almost non-existent (in 9 reviews)

• Joint Venture between Intel and Micron is a marriage made in purgatory, neither heaven nor hell but contracted for 10 years (in 5 reviews)

More Highlights

Great place to work - Shift engineering supervisor.

Current Employee - Engineering Supervisor in Lehi, UT
    Current Employee - Engineering Supervisor in Lehi, UT

I have been working at IM Flash Technologies full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Good potential for advancement here if you are willing to work for it.
    Time off provided for shift workers is excellent and allows for long 2-3 week vacations at times.
    Company Values truly are important to the leadership team.
    Good benefits and bonus structure.
    Technology world leader in what we do.
    Large amount of future growth on site and investment in Lehi fab leads to better than normal job stability (as much as you can have in the semiconductor field).
    Inline promotion structure leads to a good raise (~10%) with little change in job responsibilities.

Cons

JV company structure is confusing and lacks some of this bonuses of the parent companies (stock sharing/purchase).
    Yearly review process depends on market adjustments and rarely allows for raises that keep up with inflation. Rare to give a raise that is 5+%.
    The only real way to get a raise is a promotion.
    Extremely fast paced environment.
    Once in a supervisor/management position you will be required to work on off days.
    Shift teams are frequently understaffed and this strain leads to increased stress on the team and supervisor.

The yearly review process do NOT reward high contributors to the level they deserve to be, this needs to be fixed to retain them.

Good old boys club

Current Employee - Trainer in Lehi, UT
    Current Employee - Trainer in Lehi, UT

I have been working at IM Flash Technologies full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great benefits and pay, the amount of work doesn't tend to be overwhelming.

Cons

They don't support women in management. All management is a good old boys club. There is no promotion or support of women. The culture is completely data driven and money driven with no concept of people and their lives.

Excellent company where everyone is considered a leader

Current Employee - Engineer in Lehi, UT
    Current Employee - Engineer in Lehi, UT

I have been working at IM Flash Technologies full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Training, leadership, technology, out of the world fabrication facility, safety measures taken by the upper management to make sure that this place is safe to work for every one, company makes uses of all the chances to provide each and every individual a feedback and also identifies the areas of development required for a person. This company gave the word leader a complete new meaning. Manager/Supervisor is different from Leader.

Cons

Perks aren't that great. there are a few perks but it might not be useful to every one., time off policies. i can accumualte only up to 300 hours. it would be great if they can extend that, work from home options, flexibility

Two wise leaders, who were at top level management of a company were talking. One leader said, "what if we provide all the training to the employees, they improve themselves and leave the company?"the other leader said "imagine if they stayed without these training" You people are like the second leader. You consider every one as a resource. Please keep it up and if any body doesn't feel that way, please make them feel how I feel. Love working for you people.

Great Place to Work

Current Employee - Buyer in Lehi, UT
    Current Employee - Buyer in Lehi, UT

I have been working at IM Flash Technologies full-time

Pros

Great Benefits
    Performance Based, you are paid for doing your job well.
    Onsite Gym (coming)

Cons

Heavy Workload
    Pressure to perform all the time

I am very happy here (and it seems like everyone else is too).

Current Employee - Shift Process Engineer in Lehi, UT
    Current Employee - Shift Process Engineer in Lehi, UT

I have been working at IM Flash Technologies full-time (more than an year)

Pros

This is an awesome company. I accepted this job right out of college and couldn't be happier with my decision. The people at work are very easy to get along with because of how the company hires. It hires only people that fit the values based culture (which is a big part of the company). It was very easy to make friends with coworkers here. I am well compensated for my time (better per hour than friends who went to top petroleum/chemical companies). We are showered with time off. I enjoy being at work.

The company is also very stable with Intel and Micron backing it. They bring both the need to change and adapt but also the stability and advancement of Intel.

Cons

This is a faster paced environment with a lot of changes in technology. If you are looking for a company where you can settle down and not do much, this is probably not the best for you. If you are into learning and growing with technology this could be a good fit for you.

If there were anything to say I would say it but you are already doing great in always taking the pulse of the company and driving improvement.

IM Flash Technologies Response

Oct 10, 2014Marketing and Communications

We're glad you're enjoying your time at IM Flash! Thanks for the review.

Shift Engineering.

I have been working at IM Flash Technologies

Pros

The work is satisfying. You feel like you are doing something great. It's challenging but not overwhelming. I've enjoyed working with everyone, it's a great culture.

Cons

Fast paced environment. Steep learning curve makes it difficult to move forward. They say there's a lot of lateral movement, but it's difficult to move forward.

Great Company and Great Core Value

Current Employee - Group Manager in Lehi, UT
    Current Employee - Group Manager in Lehi, UT

I have been working at IM Flash Technologies full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

It is one of the most high tech companies to work in the world. Very challening and rewarding culture. Some of the brightest engineers I have worked with in the industry.

Cons

IM Flash is a joint venture between Intel and Micron and lacks the brand value as Intel or Micron. This is a very competitive industry so we have seen some ups and downs with the macro economic cycles.

Company has a really cool HR manager. He has continued to make IM Flash a cool company to work for. Proud of upper level managers for thier accessibility and new initiatives focused on people. We are recently getting new CEO directly from Micron. I hope he embraces IM Flash core values

Solid Semiconductor company with growth potential

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lehi, UT
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lehi, UT

I have been working at IM Flash Technologies full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Love the benefits - management works hard to make sure the benefits are 'better than the rest'. Solid programs in terms of time off, compensation, health insurance, etc. New High deductible plan is a Win-Win for company and employees.
    Challenging work makes each day different. Real problems to be solved, and the recognition program to reward those who are able to help fix/solve the problems.
    People - company is focused on bringing the right people into the company; so co-workers are strong performers, buying in to company values of Teamwork, Integrity, Commitment, and Execution

Cons

Semiconductor industry is a roller-coaster; which can lead to both highs and lows. As a Joint Venture between Intel and Micron, we have a tendency to feel the effects of the lows longer, and not as much of the highs (depending on how both of the parent companies perform). With co-CEOs, one from each parent company; there is a tendency to follow where the parents lead in terms of cutting in the bad times; which leads to morale challenges at times

Use the political capital you have to stand up for what you feel IMFlash is doing right. Don't cave to intertia and being part of 'their' network.

This is a great place to work

Current Employee - Wet Process Technician in Lehi, UT
    Current Employee - Wet Process Technician in Lehi, UT

I have been working at IM Flash Technologies full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

1) This is overall, a great company to work for and is much more stable than other semiconductors.
    2) Very important: During downturns the company has shown a history of not looking at layoffs as the first solution. Instead they find ways to cut costs but still let people keep their jobs.
    3) I love that everyone from the CEO to the janitorial staff are responsible for the success of the company and there is very little nose turning by upper management.
    4) When they ask for suggestions from employees they actually implement the suggestions given.
    5) Work is challenging enough to not get bored but not to the point of feeling frustrated every day. I actually feel like I accomplish things every day.

Cons

1) Working 4 12 hour shifts in a row and switching between day shift and night shift every 4 months can take a toll on you.

2) Water bottles are not allowed so sometimes you have to walk all the way across the building to a cooler to get water. Because of that, it's really easy to get dehydrated.

3) It's difficult to promote into higher engineering or leadership positions since most people stay in those positions for 5 years +. Since the positions are competitive, there's politics involved. People have to know you and like you. Sometimes people are hand picked and groomed for certain positions.

The promotion process at IM Flash is vague, subjective, and the paperwork for it is a pain. I believe if you are doing the job at a certain level, the promotion process should be easier.

IM Flash Technologies Response

Oct 10, 2014Marketing and Communications

We're glad your experience has been positive! We actively look at Glassdoor to see how we're doing, so thanks for taking the time to review IM Flash.

Rewarding/Challenging

Current Employee - Process Owner in Lehi, UT
    Current Employee - Process Owner in Lehi, UT

I have been working at IM Flash Technologies full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Constantly able to learn, grow and move up in the company. Colleagues are very skilled and capable and everyone works together towards common goals.

Cons

Volatile Market (funny, because we manufacture NON-volatile memory)

IM Flash Technologies Photos