IM Flash Technologies

Updated October 15, 2014
3.8

IM Flash Technologies Co-CEOs Jason Dunn & Keyvan Esfarjani
Jason Dunn & Keyvan Esfarjani

Pros
  • Attractive for new college graduates looking for work life balance in this area (in 10 reviews)

• The people are great and the economy in Utah seems very strong (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • Opportunities to interview for either of the parent companies (Intel and Micron) is almost non-existent (in 9 reviews)

• Joint Venture between Intel and Micron is a marriage made in purgatory, neither heaven nor hell but contracted for 10 years (in 5 reviews)

More Highlights

A great place to work!

Current Employee - Industrial Engineer in Lehi, UT
    Current Employee - Industrial Engineer in Lehi, UT

I have been working at IM Flash Technologies full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Flexibility and ability to progress your career. Depending on your role, leadership can be flexible with work schedule and everyone has the ability to apply for job openings as they're posted; lots of room for advancement.

Cons

Team members are trained and quickly move to a certain level in their path and then it just stops. In my opinion, there are not satisfactory answers for why this occurs and is a high contributor to turnover.

We need to work on the turnover rate and truly find out why people are leaving. Much more is being said within the team than is being communicated to HR at the exit interviews.

Good place to build a career

Current Employee - Shift Process Engineer in Lehi, UT
    Current Employee - Shift Process Engineer in Lehi, UT

I have been working at IM Flash Technologies full-time (less than an year)

Pros

There are opportunities to advance in the company and these opportunities are made readily available

Cons

Shift work, can be more of a "turn the crank" job rather than requiring creativity etc.

Great company to work for

Current Employee - Engineering Manager in Lehi, UT
    Current Employee - Engineering Manager in Lehi, UT

I have been working at IM Flash Technologies full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The cross-team collaboration is excellent. I can work with people in any department to resolve issues.
    The technology is fascinating and the compensation is very good. I am consistently challenged in my job and am always learning more about the technology that we create. Boredom has never been an issue in my 7+ years of working here.
    Senior management does care about the people and works hard to help employees progress.

Cons

As a manager, I think work/life balance sometimes gets thrown off because there's always more work to do and there's a lot of pressure to deliver results quickly on many fronts.

Too many WIG's. Each team/department needs 1-2 top priorities. Too many top priorities makes it tough to achieve any of them.

A great place to work!

Current Employee - Technician Supervisor in Lehi, UT
    Current Employee - Technician Supervisor in Lehi, UT

I have been working at IM Flash Technologies full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

I love my job! I have a clear path to promotion. If a person is not getting promoted it is because they are not trying to get promotion. Very challenging and fast paced. Great work/ life balance with the 12 hour shifts.

Cons

Some areas still have supervisors that don't hold their people accountable. Meaning that they have people who do absolutely nothing and do nothing about it.

Get rid of the dead weight. You have some very talented and motivated people at IM Flash and when you don't deal with the dead weight your superstars will lose motivation.

An Exhilarating and Fun Ride

Current Employee - Manufacturing Engineer in Lehi, UT
    Current Employee - Manufacturing Engineer in Lehi, UT

I have been working at IM Flash Technologies full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The work culture is awesome. The people are very friendly. They really promote a good work/life balance here. They do a good job of training you and helping you to develop. The pay and compensation benefits are very good compared to most other companies.

Cons

Depending on where you are working in the company, there are sometimes quick changes in processes/tasks that you need to be keep up with. This is mainly due to the nature of this industry. It's always changing and evolving.

Great job, takes effort to make it a great career

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lehi, UT
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lehi, UT

I have been working at IM Flash Technologies full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Values based at all levels of the company.
    Highly committed fast-paced environment .
    Company is open to and actively looks for improvements. Lots of opportunity to tackle challenging projects and initiatives.
    Individual growth is expected and supported with a growing amount of structure and clarity.
    Benefits (medical, dental, 401k, short & long-term bonuses) can be very good

Cons

Bonuses are dependent on the macro-economics of the industry
    Shift-work can be difficult to adjust to and for families to manage

Continue to develop leadership at all levels of the organization and drive more team member development accountability to the manager and supervisor levels in the organization.

Overall Great Place to Work

Current Employee - Production Supervisor in Lehi, UT
    Current Employee - Production Supervisor in Lehi, UT

I have been working at IM Flash Technologies full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Face paced work environment, good people to work with, good bonus system

Cons

rotating shifts, long hours, good old boys network for promotions into management

Promotions should not be based on the number of hours worked, but what the individual can contribute to the company

Best company I have worked for in my 33 working years.

Current Employee - Shift Supervisor in Lehi, UT
    Current Employee - Shift Supervisor in Lehi, UT

I have been working at IM Flash Technologies full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Time Off Plan
    Great Atmosphere
    Quality People
    Core Values

Cons

Difficulty adjusting to rotating schedule every 4 months.

This has been a solid company to work for as long as you keep in mind it is a big company and not a mom and pop business

Current Employee - Equipment Technician II in Lehi, UT
    Current Employee - Equipment Technician II in Lehi, UT

I have been working at IM Flash Technologies full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

I have half of the year off. I have great medical, dental and vision benefits. There is a good employee recognition program in place. They have a tuition reimbursement program going to help support the employees growth and personal development (as long as it is in line with company interests).

Cons

The shifts are 12 hours plus a little bit. Working inside the fabrication area requires wearing of a head to toe cleanroom jumpsuit and hood with a mask. There is sometimes a really big feel of being an unimportant cog in the machine. There is often a leadership by committee mentality and also a "big government" mentality where people who should be making decisions will not do it without full backing of a larger group or they will enforce programs even when they don't work just because "the boss said we have to so I am telling you to do it."

Stay open to input for improvements from the floor level and if you are going to shoot something down, at least give it consideration first and then tell the person making the suggestion why the idea was rejected.

Being the best at what we do is fulfilling and rewarding, we make the world mobile and smart!

Current Employee - Meteorology Shift Engineer in Lehi, UT
    Current Employee - Meteorology Shift Engineer in Lehi, UT

I have been working at IM Flash Technologies full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The quality of the people who work here, and the ability to achieve difficult goals working together has to be one of the top benefits of working for IM Flash. The work ethic is probably unmatched anywhere else. And the chance to be at the forefront of technology development makes every workday worth it. Plenty of recreation activities in the surrounding mountains, canyons, lakes, and parks make the off days fun and relaxing.

Cons

The company by international standards is very small, with less than 2,000 employees. This has limited the opportunities to grow in experience of the various areas of manufacturing and has somewhat restricted the potential knowledge that could be gained of the vast scope of semiconductor manufacturing. Opportunities to interview for either of the parent companies (Intel and Micron) is almost non-existent.

Need more growth opportunities. One way to provide this is to allow more movement between departments. By understanding another area, I would be a better contributor to the companies overall success. Some team members are still in the same job they started in and I believe they stagnate without change.

IM Flash Technologies Photos