IMPAX Laboratories

Be The First To
Add Photos

IMPAX Laboratories President, CEO, and Director Larry Hsu

Larry Hsu

Innovative company needing more communication

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGood core management team with competitive salaries in a very competitive industry where cost containment and first to market opportunities are paramount.

ConsVery high stress level to in all levels of the company. Attitude of mediocrity culture is prevalent throughout the organization.

Advice to Senior ManagementCommunication throughout all levels of the company is required to keep from a mass exodus to other career opportunities.

Good fresh out of college company to work at.

Manufacture Associate (Former Employee) Hayward, CA

ProsPay is below average, but its a good resume builder. SOP Training is about 2 weeks long on average and the actual job training begins afterwards.

Consterrible and highly unprofessional management. Getting hired as a temp is more common than not. The temp agency they use are incredibly difficult to work with.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't treat the people you supervise as employees that have no rights.

Do not work there

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsIf u r fresh out of collage, go there to put something on ur resume
    Other than that, stay away

ConsI just put one star cuz I have too
    Man, where to start?!
    -Supervisors? Punch of Chinese who can not speak English and can not write a piece of paper
    Yet they look at u down if u r not Chinese and treat u as bad as u can imagine

-Work load? Depends, if ur supervisor likes u, u r ok, if not, she will give u all the hard work cuz the easy work will be for her babies (friends)

-Safety? Joke

-Salary? Just ok

-coworker? Most of them are selfish and will use u, rest are very good people, u will have to know who is who by working with them

-Reviewer? What is reviewers? Well they are people who do not perform the job yet they review ur notebook, the funny thing is that they are annoying cuz they have the attitude of (oh they did it wrong, they do not know what they do). How dare you!

Advice to Senior ManagementYou really got to fire/change those Chinese supervisors who can not speak English cuz guess what? We live in the US not in China, we need someone who speaks good English, who can understand us and we can understand them.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Very unprofessional senior management & bad work culture

Warehouse Manager (Current Employee) Hayward, CA

ProsCompetitive salary and if you are friend with senior management then it can go quickly up without talents.

ConsWhen times are lean and overtime is a bad word then it is time to start making friendship with senior management or update your resume. When the axes comes down it is swift and painless.

Advice to Senior ManagementTry to keep the qualified talent and not just the "yes" people and there will be less of a let down in production and with FDA. Keep quality standards high and don't do the short cuts. Remember your product is being used by human.

Great company, fun people, nice work environment

ProsI really enjoy the professional environment and everyone is so nice. Great trainings and ongoing teachings for many different departments. Opportunity for transferring departments and shifts. Great communication by all levels. Great compensation compared to other companies.

ConsOn its way to becoming more technologically advanced, once there will be even better

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep it up

Good starting place for the new graduates.

Chemist III (Former Employee) Hayward, CA

ProsIf you are a new graduate with no real world experience, they will hire and train you, besides, you have the chances to perform various tests.

ConsThe compensation is well below average, not much work-life balance and tons of responsibilities which should not be applicable to chemists.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe company is under new management now, not sure what's happening, but wish them all the best.

Alot of wasted time

Mfg Tech (Former Employee) Hayward, CA

Prosthey hire you quickly thru staffing agencies and whether you have a degree or not they treat you all the same. i had an engineering background and they placed me on the simplest least technical departments department while the college drop out got to work on the most complex equipment. huge lack of general foresights

Consbad management that is always leaving because they know whats good for them

Advice to Senior Managementgo somewhere else

Unforgettable and not in a good way

ProsIf you are new to the industry and don't plan to stay more than a few years this is your place.

Cons-The management is terrible.Very childish and unprofessional
    -Coworkers are not very professional, take everything personal
    -No oppurtunities to advance unless you plan on bringing the upper managment lunch, gifts, etc.
    -Sucking up is key
    -If you are an honest, hardworking person expect to get trampled and have loads of work dumped on you and have management take credit for your accomplishments instead of you.
    -HR is also terrible. There is no confidentiality when you report any issues regarding management.

Advice to Senior ManagementStart over. Things are clearly not working-still.

very little almost none salary increase. much unpaid overtime. Not respected. firing all the time at least one permonth.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Hayward, CA

Prosthere is no single good reason to work there.

Consmanagement is very bad and not organized. If u r offered permanent, do not accept it because they ask u to come
     weekends all the time. especially raw material position and reviewer position.they r
    under the same boss and if he does not like u , he will pick on any single thing to fire u. 5 raw material chemists were fired in one month one week apart from each other. hewill also make your life hell until you quit if he cannot get any reason to fire u. there r only 8 chemists in that group. 3 left are new people. Do not be regret later if u do not listen my advice. just go to somewhere else where u get respected. they do not treat u like a person.they may move everything to Taiwan in 2 years.do not also join the generic research dept or QC chemist position. Everyone working there is not happy everyday because u don't know when is your turn. HR should investigate this. But nothing has been done. Only sweet talk to ask u to work long and overtime hrs. All the bonuses only go to the management. u will never see a penny in your checgok. I talked a lot already. Be wise and DO NOT go there. also promotion freeze. while I was there many years no one got promoted. Annual performance review only gives u 1 - 2% regardless of how much u work harder. if u r unlucky u may get less than 1%.

Advice to Senior Managementrespect employees if u want to be successful. Do Not treat and kickout them like a garbage.

Very hands on and lot to learn

Mfg Tech (Former Employee) Hayward, CA

ProsDecent hours
    Great people
    Good supervisors

ConsDon't pay enough
    Layin off people right now

Advice to Senior ManagementYou need to focus on your employees take feedback
    From them learn from them as they will learn from you

Worked for IMPAX Laboratories? Contribute to the Community!