IMRIS

Add Photos

Jay Miller

Everything I Expected

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Minnetonka, MN

ProsI have only been at the company for a few years, but it has lived up to all my expectations. The CEO shares what is happening within the company and is not afraid to tell the truth. Due to this open policy, you understand what is happening within the company, and why certain decisions are made.

Most importantly, there is a genuine atmosphere of collaboration and nobody is trying to get ahead. Working here has been a great experience, and has really helped to confirm that there are good companies out there.

ConsThe only downside to the company is that the technology has not been accepted in the medical space as a necessity. Once that happens, the company will be able to grow and expand beyond the small company that it is today.

Needs restructuring

Mechanical Engineer (Former Employee) Winnipeg, MB (Canada)

ProsThe people who actually do the work (non-management) is great to work with, lots of hardworking, talented people.
    Good working hours. Good cafeteria.

ConsPoor management and project planning. No clear vision for projects, likes short-sighted patch-fix solutions because management can't stick to a plan. People in perpetual state of putting out fire. No real career development.
    No recognition for work well done.
    HR is poorly staffed.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake a serious look at senior management if the company wants to succeed. Have some standards. Don't expect people to believe your products have standards if the people don't.

Good people an a great product

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGood pay, good location, benefits are pretty decent. Great cafeteria and the product itself makes you feel good about what you do.

ConsLots of disorganization. People don't seem to know what is really needed and the track seems to change each week.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

IMRIS IS A RESALE AGENT - NOT A TECHNOLOGY COMPANY

Senior Technical Leader (Former Employee) Minnetonka, MN

ProsGood pay
    Good benefits
    Good people (as long as they are not VP)

ConsBackstabbing working environment
    No technologies to work on or even improve ones
    Poor and psychopathic management
    Sick, Rottened and Ethnic cleansing environment

Advice to Senior Management"Look At Yourself"

Working on Suite for iCT and iMRI for hospital Created and maintained tasks and projects. Completed projects and tasks.

Specialist Technical Drafter II/Designer (Former Employee) Minnetonka, MN

ProsManaged a highly dynamic work environment while providing superior value and service

ConsVery busy company, to time to even take a brake. Would work until 2am during the week. Worked on Saturdays and Sundays

Advice to Senior ManagementMike Fritts

Growing company in transition

ProsNew CEO driving the business to efficiency. Recent corporate move to Minneapolis has enabled the recruitment of talented people, especially in engineering. Strong marketing organization improved many strategic/operational aspects of the company. Interesting problems everyday, with complex products which will disrupt the market once they are launched. Lots of opportunity to improve the business since it has moved out of Winnipeg.

ConsIT infrastructure needs improvement across the board. Many people in key roles lack the experience and/or attitude to make this company great. Human resources are not balanced with the workload.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake a close look at VPs and above who have been with the company for a while. They will perpetuate the culture of the old IMRIS. The company needs to move forward with a fresh start. Take measures to show appreciation to top talent and retain them for many years.

Useful technology in the hands of incapable senior management

Regional Sales Management (Former Employee)

ProsGreat compensation, laisez faire management approach, relaxing atmosphere

ConsHave to befriend senior HR as he runs the company, unreliable CEO, unstable financial situation

Advice to Senior ManagementSell the ship as long it is still afloat

IMRIS is a great company to work with, motivated team, great work environment, positive atmopshere

Systems Engineer (Current Employee) Minneapolis, MN

Pros- Collaborative, helpful team
    - Good senior management
    - Exciting projects, such as the SYMBIS system
    - Ownership over critical and important aspects of projects

Positive atmophshere, and great on-the-job training.

Cons- Teams need more resources, work load on projects can get heavy at times

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing a great job!

Imris has exceeded my expectations after five months on the job.

Senior Marketing Manager (Current Employee) Chanhassen, MN

ProsGrowing company with many opportunities to make significant contributions
    Talented senior leadership team who believe in delegation over micromanagement
    Innovative products in development, such as the SYMBIS(TM) Surgical System
    Most collegial group of co-workers I have ever had the opportunity to work with, open to new ideas and constructive feedback.
    Fast paced, never a dull moment
    Social and open door office culture
    Non-political

ConsThe company issued phone is a blackberry, which is not user friendly.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep building a great team just like you've been doing.

Company lies to employees

Engineer (Current Employee) Winnipeg, MB (Canada)

ProsOne of the only pros I would give to IMRIS is the people at the non-management level. They are great, hard working, and very helpful. Working with these people was pleasant and I will miss working with them and I hope I will work with some of them in the future.

ConsBack in mid-2012, myself and my fellow employees at IMRIS noticed that IMRIS was opening an office in Minneapolis and was looking for employees for that office. We also found out in mid-September through the Minnetonka city council web page that IMRIS was looking to relocate to Minnesota. So rumors were going wild in the Winnipeg office about our closure. In early October the CEO of IMRIS said that IMRIS is NOT moving to Minneapolis and will stay in Winnipeg. Then in the first week of November, we were called to a meeting and were told by HR that IMRIS is leaving Winnipeg and some will be offered jobs and some will lose their jobs.

What's really disappointing about IMRIS is that we can't trust our leader. It wasn't necessary to be lied to. And now you have people in Winnipeg who are losing their jobs training their replacements. It's like being told to live in the same home with the new lover of your significant other. Very awkward situation and poor environment. But going back to the Pros, myself and my coworkers are taking it in stride.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe honest, we don't appreciate being lied to.

Worked for IMRIS? Contribute to the Community!