IMS Health Reviews

Updated September 18, 2014
3.1

IMS Health Chairman and CEO Ari Bousbib
Ari Bousbib

Pros
  • Ability to telecommute greatly helps work-life balance (in 28 reviews)

• very strong vacation, work from home, tuition reimbursement, and retirement plans (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • Poor transition of senior management following acquisition be capital venture (in 13 reviews)

• No work-life balance, unrealistic deadlines with not enough resources (in 6 reviews)

More Highlights

Analyst

I worked at IMS Health as a contractor

Pros

Good Work Culture
    Great name in Pharma Industry
    Great Minds
    Lots of learn and freedom of speech

Cons

Long Hours
    All Project Plan are driven by Client

The place to be for Big Pharma Data consulting

Former Employee - Principal
    Former Employee - Principal

I worked at IMS Health full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Culture is casual. You call everyone by their first name

Cons

IMS is totally paranoid about its employees leaving to go to other competitors. Also, do not be critical on any of their anonymous surveys! I have watched the employee's responses end up becoming part of the ammunition to let them go. Beware. Everything is monitored for IMS employees considered "at risk" for leaving.

IMS has too many stovepipes that make it difficult to get things done. Management has far too many layers.

Not the same as it used to be

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Parsippany, NJ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Parsippany, NJ

I have been working at IMS Health full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Great people who work well together and help make things fun. Benefits are competitive if not slightly better than average. Good wellness perks.

Cons

The climate is changing. More work is off shored, responsibility to make things happen for clients is shifted to entry level roles where there is only downside (people question when things don't go well but rarely recognize the countless times when things were done well and creatively), salaries have stayed stagnant despite increasing scope of responsibility.

Be more inspiring and invest in good people who want to make the vision a reality.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

IMS HEALTH

I have been working at IMS Health full-time

Pros

Good Company to work. Work and personal life balance

Cons

Not technology oriented. Business oriented

NA -- -- -- -- -- -- --

IMS

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Plymouth Meeting, PA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Plymouth Meeting, PA

I worked at IMS Health full-time

Pros

Growing company that offers great work life balance, flexibility to move within the organization, and the people provide a great work atmosphere.

Cons

Frequent acquisitions and the internal processes can make it difficult to navigate through the organization.

Average Company, Not good if you are having experience and looking for Career growth

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer

I have been working at IMS Health full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Timings are flexible, you can avail WFH when required but with some valid reasons. Not much work pressure.
    There are some Good managers but they cant do much do you there bosses.

Cons

Worst Management from top level, If you leave long hairs it a problem, if you leave beard its an problem, if you are using handsfree while working then its a problem, do you believe these are all considered for your appraisal. And these things are checked by the Director, Doesn't he have any other work other than check how and what employees are doing.

Please behave professionally, this is not a school to tell your employees to have hair cut, come shaved.. bla bla bla...
    And stop all these micro management and politics.

Company doesn’t value employees

I worked at IMS Health full-time

Pros

Definitely a plus to have received health care right away.

Cons

This company does not seem to value their employees. IMS seems too focused on acquiring other companies and the employees are the ones suffering. It’s not a good feeling to be constantly told that there is a hiring freeze or a promised promotion is frozen indefinitely, but to keep getting emails that your company has acquired yet another company. There is a high turnover rate in my department and I’m not surprised why. My department has taken on greater responsibilities and workload over the last 3 years as other departments are laid off, however, there is no financial reward for taking on other department’s responsibilities. Promotions are promised and never given. I did not feel valued as an employee. While appreciated, Amazon.com gift cards are not a substitute for promotions and raises.

You have good employees, make an effort to keep them. While appreciated, Amazon.com gift cards are not a substitute for promotions and raises.

Excellent place to start my career

Current Employee - Analyst  in  Collegeville, PA
    Current Employee - Analyst in Collegeville, PA

I have been working at IMS Health full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

From my first day Interviewing with IMS to my first day on the job, I felt welcomed and felt like I was really part of the family. The atmosphere is very accepting and laid back, while still very career driven and work focused. Everyone is very good at what they do and are willing to teach you to make sure you understand/ feel comfortable with your position. There are many opportunites for advancement as well as opportunites for learning growth. You can find people who have worked here their entire career, with people here for about 40+ years. Their client offerings are innovative and exceptional. They are one of the biggest players in the healthcare data field and they deserve all the praise they recieve. Wonderful place to work. Highly reccommend.

Cons

There is a bit of disorganization sometimes in respects to the building assignments for departments, however they offer so much opportunity for working from home it balances out.

Pick a location!! You cannot just keep moving people all around.

Opportunities and Flexibility

I have been working at IMS Health full-time for more than a year

Pros

Several different technologies recently acquired offering lots of different types of opportunities. Ability to telecommute greatly helps work-life balance.

Cons

Not all salaries are treated equal especially with the various acquisitions. Limited flexibility due to some stringent policies that aren't always applied fairly.

Ensure fair application of policies across groups and teams; Assess and properly adjust salaries and compensation to reflect effort and current job market.

Analyst

I worked at IMS Health for more than a year

Pros

Nice people, great company to have on resume

Cons

Lots of turnover. Very silo'ed company - very little opportunity to work with other groups within the firm.

Less silos - allow the groups to work together on more projects,

Worked for IMS Health? Contribute to the Community!