IMS Health

IMS Health Reviews

Updated Jul 20, 2014

IMS Health Chairman and CEO Ari Bousbib

Ari Bousbib

Pros
  • Ability to telecommute greatly helps work-life balance(in 27 reviews)

• very strong vacation, work from home, tuition reimbursement, and retirement plans(in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • Poor transition of senior management following acquisition be capital venture(in 13 reviews)

• No work-life balance, unrealistic deadlines with not enough resources(in 6 reviews)

Good Company

Associate Engineer (Current Employee) Bangalore (India)

ProsGood working culture
    Flexible timings
    good for experience person
    learning chances are very high

ConsFor fresher package is not up to the expectation

Excellent place to start my career

Analyst (Current Employee) Collegeville, PA

ProsFrom my first day Interviewing with IMS to my first day on the job, I felt welcomed and felt like I was really part of the family. The atmosphere is very accepting and laid back, while still very career driven and work focused. Everyone is very good at what they do and are willing to teach you to make sure you understand/ feel comfortable with your position. There are many opportunites for advancement as well as opportunites for learning growth. You can find people who have worked here their entire career, with people here for about 40+ years. Their client offerings are innovative and exceptional. They are one of the biggest players in the healthcare data field and they deserve all the praise they recieve. Wonderful place to work. Highly reccommend.

ConsThere is a bit of disorganization sometimes in respects to the building assignments for departments, however they offer so much opportunity for working from home it balances out.

Advice to Senior ManagementPick a location!! You cannot just keep moving people all around.

Solid company with great potential

Director (Current Employee) Philadelphia, PA

ProsEngaging work and interesting projects; very smart colleagues who have a willingness to help each other; strong upside within this particular industry; excellent opportunity to work remotely; one of the few companies that still offers a pension PLUS a 401(K) to employees.

ConsNow that the company is publicly traded - it needs to implement a long-term stock incentive (LTI) initiative. There has not been any communication in this regard and it needs to be.

Advice to Senior ManagementCommunicate and implement an employee LTI plan as soon as possible.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great Work Life Balance!

Senior Manager (Current Employee)

ProsWork life balance is great. Flexibility to move within the various departments/ business units. Competitive pay. Undisputed Market leader in a very niche domain and well positioned to grow further! Good brand of leadership.

ConsWIth a lot of acquisitons, sometimes understanding all the new offerings and data assets can get challenging/ counter productive and may take a while to settle! Brand awareness among the public is low and there is more potential there!

Advice to Senior ManagementGreater focus on synergies and collaboration with all the recent acquisitions will reap greater benefits!

A good place

Engagement Manager (Current Employee) Plymouth Meeting, PA

ProsDecent, competent and smart people at all levels. Solid culture of respect and recognition of talent and hard work.

ConsIntegration of acquired companies is slow, collaboration difficult.

Good place to work

Senior Consultant (Former Employee) Falls Church, VA

ProsGreat work culture, understanding and supporting colleagues, no pressure if you are good at your work, a big company with global presence allows many opportunities to explore different areas, if intended

ConsMeager bonus, if you are unlucky then you might get a bad manager who doesn't care about your career but that really can't be blamed on your company, it could happen anywhere

Advice to Senior ManagementOccasionally Principals and DIrectors get busy with business development only, and Consultants and Analysts have to carry the heavy project workload. Senior management, please make sure that there is equal work sharing.

Self Developed...

Research Officer - GO (Current Employee) Guwahati (India)

ProsI am very satisfy with IMS Health, IMS has improved my lifestyle.

ConsOur Senior has a good communication with us.

Advice to Senior ManagementOur upper management is very friendly & cooperative..

IMS Health is changing

Senior Consultant (Current Employee) Bangalore (India)

Pros1) Lot of processes are changing . Overall Mindset of Senior Management is changing, due to which new initiatives are being implemented .
    2) Overall Opportunity circle is increasing for employees.

ConsThe company is going through tremendous internal change & if someone is not comfortable with that then definitely the appropriate place for him.

Advice to Senior ManagementNone

It was a great learning experience, the management and analysts are highly experienced and experts in their domain

Consultant (Former Employee) Mumbai (India)

ProsGreat Learning
    Good Culture
    Access to lot of information related to your work

ConsNo cons, it was great all through

Exciting work place

Applications Specialist (Current Employee) Plymouth Meeting, PA

ProsFull liberty to innovate, scope to grow, fast growing company,

ConsNone, I can't thin of any cons working in this company.

Advice to Senior ManagementNone

Worked for IMS Health? Contribute to the Community!