IMS Health Reviews

282 reviews filtered by
3.2
IMS Health Chairman and CEO Ari Bousbib
Ari Bousbib

Pros
  • In consulting, you will learn things while enjoying a decent work/life balance (in 32 reviews)

• very strong vacation, work from home, tuition reimbursement, and retirement plans (in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • Offsites for employees should be held for a better work life balance (in 10 reviews)

• Poor transition of senior management following acquisition be capital venture (in 14 reviews)

Ah Ok

I have been working at IMS Health full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Some projects are good. If you get into any maintenance or support projects with good timelines then you are saved else its going to be hell.

Cons

Dont know how to execute projects.
    Individuals are not up to date with technology.
    Basically its not a technology company.

NONE.
    As no one will hear out what you have to say.

IMS - Irresponsible Management Services

Current Employee - Technical Architect in Bangalore (India)
    Current Employee - Technical Architect in Bangalore (India)

I have been working at IMS Health full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

1. Didnt work over weekend .
    2. Managers are real fools so easily play with them on daily basis .

Cons

1. Management does not give employee care any importance . This can be validated by the Printer of 6th floor or the quality of bags / jacket being distributed to employees . Current employees can empathise over this .
    2. No hold on anything , be it the Admin or Tech Support or Daily Maintenance activities . It's being operated like a Govt Office or even worse . This is the worst Tech Support group I have ever seen with no SLA/ETR for tickets and follow ups are done on their own wish .
    3. Managers are puppets of mid level managment and have no say over appraisals or decision making .
    4. No one listen to employee queries . Town Hall is conducted every month but the issues raised are never rectified .
    5. Technical Architects are being made managers and hence we are losing our tech guys also .
    6. Escalations of managers result in the change in hierarchy and no efforts to train or rectify them .
    7. The HR dept is even worse where the HR neither listen to your queries nor show any interest in solving them .
    8. Too much politics within team and across managers . Managers fight for petty issues like Seats and talking over VOIP .
    9. No concept of sending meeting invitees or MOM after discussions .
    10. No focus on training employees on technology or process .

1. Listen to employee queries and at least show you are interested in solving them .
    2. Monitor the GSD and make sure tickets are moved as per the severity and SLA .
    3. Train HR to handle employee queries behave professionally in crisis or severities .
    4. Encourage written documentation and mail culture than verba talks .
    5. Provide small small basic amenities like "Working printer" , replace plastic glass with Paper cups , good quality of stationery .
    6. Stop treating employees as replaceable assets and bring the concept of bench to avoid employee getting frustrated to leave job .

My recent hire became a disappointment.

Current Employee - Developer in Plymouth Meeting, PA
    Current Employee - Developer in Plymouth Meeting, PA

I have been working at IMS Health

Pros

Office culture is easygoing. People are professional yet not as stuffy as I expected. Most people seem to enjoy their jobs but not the company. People are saying that prior to the merger, IMS was more employee conscious and that all the strongest people left.

Cons

They care more about saving and making money than establishing a good working environment or developing their future with the company. Clearly they don't prioritize employee job satisfaction at all. Everyone is rated with how much money they bring in or save, even if we're not in sales. We're computer and bio-pharm people, not salesmen.

If you pay the lowest salary in the industry, you will get what you pay for. All the best qualified employees will go elsewhere and IMS will be left scraping the bottom of the barrel. Counting on foreign workers and entry-level recent grads will eventually turn IMS into an obscure data mill unable to compete with evolving technology with Wal-Mart quality products but without their level of service. Talented and innovative people don't work for peanuts.

self-directed learning; do not expect a lot of support

Former Employee - Consultant in Shanghai, Shanghai (China)
    Former Employee - Consultant in Shanghai, Shanghai (China)

I worked at IMS Health

Pros

- if you are a self-directed learner, then will be fine
    - if this is your first job, it's a good place to start for those who got passed on by the premium consultancies. A way to get your foot in the door, so to speak
    - you can amass knowledge quickly, then get out of there

Cons

- no work life balance
    - a company that is constantly changing it's "identity"...we had new templates every 6 months with different branding colours, etc.
    - high-ups pushing for strong growth without ensuring that infrastructure (i.e. HR, internal training, data systems, etc.) are mature enough
    - high turn over
    - culture of disasstifaction with the company...the feeling of being taken advantage of

- before pushing for more growth, ask if those who are going to deliver this growth, i.e. your employees, have sufficient bandwidth, drive, commitment and are simply happy enough to push themselves further
    - many of the employees are deeply dissatisfied with the lack of work-life balance

Great company if you are good at 'Office politics'..

I worked at IMS Health full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Excellent fringe benefits, competitive salary raise, great outsourced trainings.

Cons

Serious issues on retaining the top performers. Exit interviews are a big waste of time. There is no corrective action plan. Poor work-life balance (working on weekends & holidays), after a certain point there are limited career opportunities. Lack of leadership - Bad leaders at the Local Offices. Lack of recognition and overall poor employee-manager relationships.

It's a bad decision to give promotions to people based on lobbying and internal politics. Instead the top management needs to invest more seriously in top performers.
    Unjustified high salaries to Senior Management (GMs, Sales Directors etc.) - Often people at this level pretend to work hard and long hours to justify their high wages.

People are disposable assets for IMS Health

Current Employee - Consultant in Bangalore (India)
    Current Employee - Consultant in Bangalore (India)

I have been working at IMS Health full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The stream I work with and my manager and colleagues are excellent. The work itself is great, challenging, new, exciting, great learning opportunities and exposure.However, its all downhill from here on.

Cons

There are no people friendly or employee retentive policies at IMS Health, its all about cost cutting, poor people and expectation management. All this coupled with shoddy facilities, bad pay and utter lack of employee engagement describes IMS Health for me. Unlike other MNCs, our office does not provide any of the following:
    1. Cab facilities - Even after shifting their office from Ulsoor to Marathahalli, given that majority of the population still resides in and around Ulsoor/ Indiranagar, no cab facilities have been arranged, despite complete willingness to pay for the same, from the employees.
    2. Decent food - Every time someone brings about the topic of how MNCs provide good quality, subsidized food to their employees, the only answer received is "We are still shifting" or " We are still working on it". It has been 3 years and they still haven't settled down enough to provide decent food options
    3. Good Pay: Incentives, hikes and bonuses are a joke around here. Employees joke about it, managers and directors joke about it, and the only time any serious thought is given to it, is when you threaten to or actually do resign.
    The list is endless, but I will put a stop to it right now.
    I have friends in other teams who are faring faaaar worse than me, so the picture I paint is not the bleakest.
    Any interested candidates, please beware. They may pick you up at a good hike, but they will mar all your future hikes within the company, till you decide to leave.

My only advice will be to wake up, look around because if you treat talented people thusly, you can imagine the kind of crowd you will be left with.

I worked at IMS Health

Pros

Health benefits are good. Vacation time is ample. I am having trouble specifying any other pros. I was not happy there at all.

Cons

Dissatisfied with company culture. Too large of a company for my voice to be heard. Dissatisfied with company culture. Too large of a company for my voice to be heard

9. Awful place for production support

Former Employee - Senior Consultant in Bangalore (India)
    Former Employee - Senior Consultant in Bangalore (India)

I worked at IMS Health full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Salary and work life balance,

Cons

if you are joining as part of the production support teams, re-think
    de-motivating manager, in spite of your experience, they'll tend to mistreat you.
    Useless HR, they are like the people least bothered about the plight of the employees.

Before relying solely on the project managers to do all the work, kindly hire proper ones (highly unprofessional).
    If you find half of the people putting down their papers frequently, there must be some obvious problem with the managers.

Stay for too long and forget what you've learnt

Current Employee - Manager in Bangalore (India)
    Current Employee - Manager in Bangalore (India)

I have been working at IMS Health full-time (more than a year)

Pros

If you are from a prime engineering or management institute, IMS offers you good pay packages.

Cons

Extremely poor and stingy management; HR policies are 'local' and not global, so you get exploited at Indian rates; managers are not qualified; nepotism and favoritism is rife; horrible workplace culture and the management is unaware of what constitutes a good culture and what does it take to get there. The directors run their own fiefdoms and turf wars are common. Nowhere have I found such a motley bunch of slackers as here, and just because they form a core team of sycophants around the boss.

Training: zilch, career progression: zilch, unless you are a part of your boss' drinking group; so get ready to be 'passed over'. My main grouse is that an employee is expected to operate within a very limited scope that neither enhances his skills nor provides horizontal exposure to multiple lines of work. I left chiefly because I felt that I was beginning to lose the development and project management skills I had acquired in my career.
    Finally,the turnover in the female population is very high.I have seen my female coworkers getting disillusioned and quitting very quickly due to the strong sexual harassment culture of the place. Bosses asking out their female subordinates is extremely common and I have seen women feel persecuted when they didn't encourage the advances.

Advice to American Management: I joined because of IMS' reputation in the Americas; I recommend independent audits and a top management reshuffle in India.

Worst management

I have been working at IMS Health full-time (more than a year)

Pros

They will give u gud hike when joining however its not worth the amount u join

Cons

1) No growth.
    2) Its not a product company just they sell data and u dnt have any interaction with the clients.
    3)Not much short term onsite opportunities and no long term at all. U are required to sign bond for 6 months even if u travel on a business trip for just a week.
    4)All policies favour the company . Very cheap policies.

Care for your employees stop treating them as slaves.

IMS Health Photos