IMS Health Reviews

• Full-time
  • Part-time
Employment Status

Reset

Leadership and culture only cares about revenue

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at IMS Health full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Access to the entire pharma industry

Cons

Ongoing, constant pressure to deliver and recognize revenue on a monthly cycle is a major driver of internal conflicts of interest between groups/departments - internal conflicts directly lead to compromises on quality deliverables, consistent client conflicts and very poor employee morale
    All work, no life culture - only cares about revenue generation and cost containment - stereotypical example of private equity driven management and leadership
    Unethical business policies - actively blocks reimbursement of legitimate business/job related expenses onto employees to maintain margins
    CEO mandated bonus reduction of 30% + in most recent fiscal year - stated reason was company not meeting internal 10%+ yoy EBIDTA growth target - subsequently rewarded senior leadership with stock/option grants + cash bonuses for company meeting/exceeding revenue/growth financial objectives

Advice to Management

A dollars/cents driven culture driven by serial acquisitions is not a sustainable business model for what is supposed to be a services driven, client-driven consulting business - your anchor pharma clients don't see you as a partner and continue to defect as alternatives present themselves

2. IMS Health

Former Employee - Regional IT Coordinator in Danbury, CT
    Former Employee - Regional IT Coordinator in Danbury, CT

I worked at IMS Health (More than 3 years)

Pros

laid back style, very consistent management.

Cons

it was on a merger process...

A bright future if it can be achieved quickly enough.

I have been working at IMS Health full-time

Pros

With a long history in the healthcare and life sciences space, IMS Health has a lot build upon. Relationships, offerings, customers, experience, etc.

The healthcare industry is under massive under flux and pressure to change, IMS Health sits in a great place to be able to help/guide customers through this change.

With the recent acquisition of a 5k employee company also in the space, there is a lot of growth and new potential across the board.

If you care about healthcare and want to work in consulting, services, data, or technology development, it's a great place to be.

Cons

Change...
    With the recent acquisition of another large company in the space, a tremendous amount of change is going on. IMS Health also had a bit of an identity crisis from 1995 to 2010 which didn't help in establishment of a clear purpose and vision in the market.

The ability to leverage their historical footprint in data and services to new offerings (technology, etc.) is slower than people would like.

Establishing a new culture and climate is going to be a continual challenge with the many sizable acquisitions they have made. Especially with the disparate organizational structure and a history of being in the services industry on top of their data.

Advice to Management

Better communicate your long term vision and purpose. (why, what, how). Bring both employees and the external market into alignment with this vision and purpose.

5. Software Engineer

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Plymouth Meeting, PA
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Plymouth Meeting, PA

I have been working at IMS Health

Pros

Good work life balance
    Great benefits
    Flexible hours

Cons

Too many people for the office

Company in flux

I have been working at IMS Health full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Individually the people are great to work with.

Cons

As an organization, it appears to be in chaos. More interested in making sales than solving customer problems.

Advice to Management

Communicate with your staff. Stop surprising people.

7. Very good learning but no work life balance

Current Employee - Middle Management in Plymouth Meeting, PA
    Current Employee - Middle Management in Plymouth Meeting, PA

I have been working at IMS Health (More than 8 years)

Pros

Good learning, broad range of opportunities to work across different functions, best in breed of data, professional services, tech, apps

Cons

Nil work life balance, work easily covers 80 plus hours a week, recognition depends on pleasing seniors, the route to which is - work till you drop, there is just no upper limit for workload

Advice to Management

Address the inequality of work load, appreciation, recognition

8. Engagement manager

Current Employee - Engagement Manager in Chandler, AZ
    Current Employee - Engagement Manager in Chandler, AZ

I have been working at IMS Health full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good salary and benefits for employees

Cons

Management lacks vision and care for employees

Advice to Management

Empower employees. Have clarity on your vision and openly and objectively explain that to employees

Account Manger

Current Employee - Sales in Anaheim, CA
    Current Employee - Sales in Anaheim, CA

I have been working at IMS Health full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Not micro manged by management but these guys are the worse team I have ever worked for. Basically you are working as as independent rep except you don't have a territory, have to punch a clock instead of a true salary.

Cons

Management team does not invest in sales management courses or training, same old recycled stuff year after year. I didn't believe a boys club exist for the inside sales team but I have witness it! New sales means new sales to the company not moving the account to some one else.

Advice to Management

Take some course and become an inspiration instead of we need x amount to hit our numbers, how about can we try this would clients be interested.

10. Senior Consultant

I have been working at IMS Health full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Interesting job assignments, skilled colleagues.

Cons

One Two Three Four five

11. I've worked at IMS for a long and overall, they treat their employees fairly.

I have been working at IMS Health

Pros

IMS is a leading edge company as far as technology. They have never hesitated to allow us to purchase and evaluate the latest technologies from a hardware/software perspective. Working in IT, this is huge Pro.

Cons

Long hours and global company make early morning and evening meetings a normal occurrence.

Advice to Management

I believe the company should go back to sharing long term incentives with the folks that aren't VP and C level employees. Stock options or RSU's would be a great way to retain talent.

RSS Feed </> Embed