IMT Residential

IMT Residential Reviews

Updated Jul 16, 2014

IMT Residential President and CEO John Tesoriero

John Tesoriero

My experience with IMT was very challenging but at the end of my almost 3 year tenure, I was definitely worth it.

Leasing Consultant (Former Employee)

ProsThey do a lot of leasing spiffs which are nice little bonuses. I love their corporate office staff. Their Regional is amazing at her job. Despite what some may think, she doesn't hate you! She has a big heart and wants to see everybody work together as a team for the good and betterment of the company.

ConsVery corporate, lots of procedures that are to be followed through carefully, very cut and dry when it came to the residents issues. It was either "this or "that regardless of their satisfaction with the incident. Work life balance was okay. Depending on your manager, you could have all the time off in the world and then the drill sergeant manager at the next property you get sent to wont even let you off for the dentist.

Advice to Senior Management"Disregarding the drama that comes from all of the pettiness, alongside weeding out ALL of the negativity, will allow you a clearer view of what the end result should look like. Not only that, you will get to it a lot faster!

Jun 27, 2014

Thank you for your 3 years of service! We appreciate each person's contribution to the success of IMT. The Leasing Consultant role, in particular, is extremely important because of the ... More

On my way out...

Anonymous (Current Employee) Sherman Oaks, CA

ProsA lot of nice and friendly people in the office -- have made some great friends here.

ConsForget how hard you work or how great you are at what you do -- if you're not buddy with your boss's boss, you'll go nowhere at IMT.

Jul 22, 2014

Thank you for your service with IMT! I’m glad you’ve enjoyed the friendly atmosphere in the office and have developed good relationships. Should you choose to leave, we would wish you well in your ... More

If you weren't "recruited" over from Equity Residential you're not in the good ole' boys club...

Leasing Consultant (Former Employee) Los Angeles, CA

ProsThey build the most beautiful properties in the San Fernando Valley. And they renovate older properties with top notch design.

A stellar training program. A fun and passionate lot head the training for IMT Leasing Professionals. I have to say this is the best training I've received from a company. They made training engaging and fun.

ConsAs I was saying... I was very taken aback to see all the people coming over from Equity Residential. Shouldn't even be called IMT; should be called Equity II. Oh, and the Equity people brought over by always got preferential treatment to schedules and top positions.

The absolute worst workplace politics I've seen within a company in the 16 years that I've been in the work force. A Regional Manager should have a system of checks and balances when making hiring decisions.

Advice to Senior Management* HR Should have a fair hiring pool of diverse candidates. Not just a dozen people whom the Regional Manager has worked with in some capacity with a different company.

* When an employee submits an official grievance with Human Resources, please actually address the complaint with that employee and not take the passive aggressive approach... ie..... "well you were putting in your two weeks so we didn't bother getting back to you regarding your (serious) complaint...."

* When you build a brand new, multi million dollar property; please build an office that is bigger than a utility closet so that your Leasing Staff can actually be productive. Oh, and please provide them a computer.

* Create broader hiring policies to encompass more diversity and inclusion.

Jul 22, 2014

I'm glad to see that you enjoyed the properties and training during your time with IMT. Our construction team takes great pride in building and renovating attractive, comfortable and environmentally ... More
  1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Suck

Financial Analyst (Former Employee) Sherman Oaks, CA

Pros-Met some really nice individual
    -flex hours
    -nice location

Cons-Majority of management is super snobby/arragont and treat employees like they are inferior
    -no raises during the 3 years I was there
    -management is overpaid and unqualified
    -must be middle eastern to be part of the "in" crowd and be a part of the unqualified/overpaid mgnt group

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat your employees well- retain talent by giving yearly increases and a better compensation package
    -stop with the favoritism- just bc someone has been there 10 years does not mean they are qualified

Jul 18, 2014

I would like to thank you for your three years of service with IMT! We appreciate your contributions to the company’s success.

I’m glad to see your notes of enjoying your colleagues and the
    ... More

Once Your In, Its not what you thought

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Sherman Oaks, CA

ProsThe company is growing, located in a nice area, and the managers seem to let the employees get their jobs done without too much micro management.

ConsThe feeling you get about the corporate office is that the company is just a vessel to make money. Employees dont seem to be happy, the turnover is very high, opinions get overlooked and change seems to be frowned apon from upper management. Every department seems to be understaffed, faces change frequently and people seem to walk out on the job. The general feeling is that the top people and managers have been here for a while but all over staff has been with the company for a year or less. It seems people get an idea of the company and jump ship. There is also very little room for advancement.

Advice to Senior ManagementOffer a better benefits package, be open to ideas from employees to make a process better and the operations run smoother.

May 6, 2014

Thank you for sharing your opinions! We value feedback, the positive comments as well as the suggestions for improvement. We strive for excellence and recognize that it is an ongoing journey ... More

A great company to work for!

ProsEveryone, from employees to upper management, are great people to work with! The folks in management are "real people" and down to earth, not above listening to their employees' concerns or suggestions. They also make every effort to keep employees happy, which is appreciated. There is awesome growth potential within the company.

ConsI honestly can't think of anything. Everyone is pretty much happy and bubbly all the time! IMT is a fun company to work for!

Apr 8, 2014

IMT Residential is all about our people (residents' and associates)! Your enthusiasm and positivity is what helps make IMT a great place to work!!

Thank you for taking time to share!!

IMT Residential Putting You First

Community Manager (Current Employee) Denver, CO

ProsIMT Residential is a growing organization with a lot of opportunities for advancement. Unlike other residential property management companies IMT believes in putting money back into their communities and doing whatever it takes to offer an upscale community. Upper management is willing to offer support in any facet. They take hands on approach to training, allowing each person to practice on the software. With a focus on doing what is best for their employees, residents, and vendors puts IMT among the best property management companies.

ConsThere are no cons that I have encountered while working for IMT that I have found.

Advice to Senior ManagementLet’s continue to grow in the Colorado market.

Apr 8, 2014

We are very excited to have entered into the CO marketplace! Now is an exciting time for you to have joined IMT Residential as we continue to expand and grow our company. It takes dedicated ... More

Truly follows it's motto of "Putting You First"

Bookkeeper (Current Employee) Austin, TX

ProsUpper management is always an email away, which is crucial when you work in multi-family. Promotions from within are a regular occurrence and it's not uncommon for employees to leave and come back. Compensation is slightly higher than with other companies in the area. Training is available at all levels.

ConsI can't think of any and if I had any concerns, I would feel more than comfortable in discussing it with upper management.

Apr 8, 2014

Couldn't agree more! Working collaboratively as a team to accomplish shared goals ensures long-term happiness for our residents', success for our associates, and opportunity for our stakeholders!!

BEST property management company out there!

Assistant Community Manager (Current Employee) Austin, TX

ProsFirst and foremost...your Managers/Regional and Corporate office backs their employees 100%. They are here for us and our residents. When a company has such a strong customer service presence...it can't help but trickle through the employees as well. Co-workers are enthusiastic and team oriented. Having the support from our Regional and VP is what keeps us going. They are definitely individuals to look up to and mirror. I love coming to work everyday! I have been with IMT almost 4 years and have never looked back.

ConsI am slightly worried that we may get too "corporate"? By this I mean, I don't want to be programmed like a robot, like previous companies that I have worked for. IMT has a laid back warm feeling with the employees and in our team dynamic. I have to expect that with the growth of our city and our company. Hopefully everyone continues to keep the positive upbeat attitude in our work place.

Apr 8, 2014

We appreciate your perspective! Freedom to express your points of view are welcomed and needed. Equally important, keeping our "Putting You First" philosophy relevant will mean that we continue to ... More

The best company I have worked for!

Resident Services Manager (Current Employee) Austin, TX

ProsIMT truly cares about their employees, and quality of life and customer service for their residents. They take extra measures to ensure that their employees are well taken care of with not only the benefits they provide, but also 401K contribution. They definitely go out of their way to make sure they let their employees know that they are valued and appreciated!

ConsThere are not too many cons that I can point out! I love my job and the company that I work for!

Apr 8, 2014

The significantly enhanced benefit programs this past year, including reduced medical premium expense and increased 401(k) matching contributions have been greatly appreciated and recognized by many ... More

Worked for IMT Residential? Contribute to the Community!