IMT Residential

Updated September 12, 2014
4.3

IMT Residential President and CEO John Tesoriero
John Tesoriero

My experience with IMT was very challenging but at the end of my almost 3 year tenure, I was definitely worth it.

Former Employee - Leasing Consultant
    Former Employee - Leasing Consultant

I worked at IMT Residential full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

They do a lot of leasing spiffs which are nice little bonuses. I love their corporate office staff. Their Regional is amazing at her job. Despite what some may think, she doesn't hate you! She has a big heart and wants to see everybody work together as a team for the good and betterment of the company.

Cons

Very corporate, lots of procedures that are to be followed through carefully, very cut and dry when it came to the residents issues. It was either "this or "that regardless of their satisfaction with the incident. Work life balance was okay. Depending on your manager, you could have all the time off in the world and then the drill sergeant manager at the next property you get sent to wont even let you off for the dentist.

"Disregarding the drama that comes from all of the pettiness, alongside weeding out ALL of the negativity, will allow you a clearer view of what the end result should look like. Not only that, you will get to it a lot faster!

Jun 27, 2014Senior Recruiter

Thank you for your 3 years of service! We appreciate each person's contribution to the success of IMT. The Leasing Consultant role, in particular, is extremely important because of the ... More

Just Okay

I worked at IMT Residential full-time

Pros

Higher hourly pay than many

Cons

They have not nailed down efficiency. Their processes are long and drawn out. The professionalism from corporate is low. The leadership is gossipy and inappropriate. They are amateurs in the industry and have a lot of growing to do before I would consider returning or even renting from them.

All of the responses on here are from the same dates that are positive-they clearly sent their current employees on a mission to make them look good on the internet but it really just makes them look bad.

Sep 16, 2014Senior Recruiter

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. While I would hope that your experience at IMT would have been more positive, I appreciate that you've shared feedback. We strive for excellence ... More

Room for potential

Former Employee - Construction  in  Sherman Oaks, CA
    Former Employee - Construction in Sherman Oaks, CA

I worked at IMT Residential full-time for less than a year

Pros

The tasks and job at hand that I learned while at IMT was a challenge, but a good one at that. I can honestly say that learned a lot in the short amount of time I learned here.

Cons

Part of the reason why I left was the dynamic of people. I believe a great company is comprised of the people you work with. My team was a small one but one person who had such a nasty attitude and personality was enough to drive me out of the company for good. She was rude, presumptuous, and condescending. Please tell me how do you have a team of 4 people- 2 supervisors,1 controller and me, the worker bee? As the analogy goes, there were too many chiefs and not enough indians. I always felt I was singled out and criticized for the little mistakes or work I did on a weekly basis. I worked my butt off to do my job to the best of my abilities and I felt like it wasn't enough. You want to talk about compensation? When I first became employed with the company I didn't know what I was getting into. As the time drew on, the amount of work and time I put into the job did not equal the pay. Holiday pay? More like you have to work a minimum of 4 hours to get paid for the whole holiday (i.e. Christmas Eve/NY Eve/after Thanksgiving). There was no help with a positive attitude given. I often times took work home to stay on schedule.

Re-evaulate the dynamic of each department team, is there enough support for the supers? 2:2, 4:4, etc. Holiday pay should be reevaluated, often times than not most people would like to spend that time with their families. Exit interview should be a one-on-one standard. I felt the exit interview wasn't one at all. The online survey during my exit interview process seemed impersonal and impractical. You want to put the needs and concerns out there, keep it real, no surveys should be done for an exit interview, period, you initially interview for the position in person, keep it that way even when you leave the company. Training also should be done by the controller or supervisor who has been there for a good amount of time (1-2 years+). The person I dealt with when I trained I believe couldn't be justified as "knowledgeable" because she had a language barrier and was hard to understand her, doing the duties prior for 4-5 months also doesn't mean she is equipped to train someone, and lastly the manager or supervisor should help with the process of understanding the dynamics of the company versus letting other people do the training for you.

Aug 12, 2014Senior Recruiter

Thank you for your feedback! I appreciate that you took time to provide specific information which we will consider in our quest to be the best employer we can be. For example, we agree with your ... More

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

On my way out...

Current Employee - Anonymous  in  Sherman Oaks, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous in Sherman Oaks, CA

I have been working at IMT Residential full-time for more than a year

Pros

A lot of nice and friendly people in the office -- have made some great friends here.

Cons

Forget how hard you work or how great you are at what you do -- if you're not buddy with your boss's boss, you'll go nowhere at IMT.

Jul 22, 2014Senior Recruiter

Thank you for your service with IMT! I’m glad you’ve enjoyed the friendly atmosphere in the office and have developed good relationships. Should you choose to leave, we would wish you well in your ... More

If you weren't "recruited" over from Equity Residential you're not in the good ole' boys club...

Former Employee - Leasing Consultant  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Leasing Consultant in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at IMT Residential full-time for more than a year

Pros

They build the most beautiful properties in the San Fernando Valley. And they renovate older properties with top notch design.

A stellar training program. A fun and passionate lot head the training for IMT Leasing Professionals. I have to say this is the best training I've received from a company. They made training engaging and fun.

Cons

As I was saying... I was very taken aback to see all the people coming over from Equity Residential. Shouldn't even be called IMT; should be called Equity II. Oh, and the Equity people brought over by always got preferential treatment to schedules and top positions.

The absolute worst workplace politics I've seen within a company in the 16 years that I've been in the work force. A Regional Manager should have a system of checks and balances when making hiring decisions.

* HR Should have a fair hiring pool of diverse candidates. Not just a dozen people whom the Regional Manager has worked with in some capacity with a different company.

* When an employee submits an official grievance with Human Resources, please actually address the complaint with that employee and not take the passive aggressive approach... ie..... "well you were putting in your two weeks so we didn't bother getting back to you regarding your (serious) complaint...."

* When you build a brand new, multi million dollar property; please build an office that is bigger than a utility closet so that your Leasing Staff can actually be productive. Oh, and please provide them a computer.

* Create broader hiring policies to encompass more diversity and inclusion.

Jul 22, 2014Senior Recruiter

I'm glad to see that you enjoyed the properties and training during your time with IMT. Our construction team takes great pride in building and renovating attractive, comfortable and environmentally ... More

Suck

Former Employee - Financial Analyst  in  Sherman Oaks, CA
    Former Employee - Financial Analyst in Sherman Oaks, CA

I worked at IMT Residential full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

-Met some really nice individual
    -flex hours
    -nice location

Cons

-Majority of management is super snobby/arragont and treat employees like they are inferior
    -no raises during the 3 years I was there
    -management is overpaid and unqualified
    -must be middle eastern to be part of the "in" crowd and be a part of the unqualified/overpaid mgnt group

Treat your employees well- retain talent by giving yearly increases and a better compensation package
    -stop with the favoritism- just bc someone has been there 10 years does not mean they are qualified

Jul 18, 2014Senior Recruiter

I would like to thank you for your three years of service with IMT! We appreciate your contributions to the company’s success.

I’m glad to see your notes of enjoying your colleagues and the
    ... More

Once Your In, Its not what you thought

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Sherman Oaks, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sherman Oaks, CA

I have been working at IMT Residential full-time for more than a year

Pros

The company is growing, located in a nice area, and the managers seem to let the employees get their jobs done without too much micro management.

Cons

The feeling you get about the corporate office is that the company is just a vessel to make money. Employees dont seem to be happy, the turnover is very high, opinions get overlooked and change seems to be frowned apon from upper management. Every department seems to be understaffed, faces change frequently and people seem to walk out on the job. The general feeling is that the top people and managers have been here for a while but all over staff has been with the company for a year or less. It seems people get an idea of the company and jump ship. There is also very little room for advancement.

Offer a better benefits package, be open to ideas from employees to make a process better and the operations run smoother.

May 6, 2014Senior Recruiter

Thank you for sharing your opinions! We value feedback, the positive comments as well as the suggestions for improvement. We strive for excellence and recognize that it is an ongoing journey ... More

A great company to work for!

I have been working at IMT Residential full-time

Pros

Everyone, from employees to upper management, are great people to work with! The folks in management are "real people" and down to earth, not above listening to their employees' concerns or suggestions. They also make every effort to keep employees happy, which is appreciated. There is awesome growth potential within the company.

Cons

I honestly can't think of anything. Everyone is pretty much happy and bubbly all the time! IMT is a fun company to work for!

Apr 8, 2014VP Human Resources

IMT Residential is all about our people (residents' and associates)! Your enthusiasm and positivity is what helps make IMT a great place to work!!

Thank you for taking time to share!!

IMT Residential Putting You First

Current Employee - Community Manager  in  Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Community Manager in Denver, CO

I have been working at IMT Residential full-time for less than a year

Pros

IMT Residential is a growing organization with a lot of opportunities for advancement. Unlike other residential property management companies IMT believes in putting money back into their communities and doing whatever it takes to offer an upscale community. Upper management is willing to offer support in any facet. They take hands on approach to training, allowing each person to practice on the software. With a focus on doing what is best for their employees, residents, and vendors puts IMT among the best property management companies.

Cons

There are no cons that I have encountered while working for IMT that I have found.

Let’s continue to grow in the Colorado market.

Apr 8, 2014VP Human Resources

We are very excited to have entered into the CO marketplace! Now is an exciting time for you to have joined IMT Residential as we continue to expand and grow our company. It takes dedicated ... More

Truly follows it's motto of "Putting You First"

Current Employee - Bookkeeper  in  Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Bookkeeper in Austin, TX

I have been working at IMT Residential full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Upper management is always an email away, which is crucial when you work in multi-family. Promotions from within are a regular occurrence and it's not uncommon for employees to leave and come back. Compensation is slightly higher than with other companies in the area. Training is available at all levels.

Cons

I can't think of any and if I had any concerns, I would feel more than comfortable in discussing it with upper management.

Apr 8, 2014VP Human Resources

Couldn't agree more! Working collaboratively as a team to accomplish shared goals ensures long-term happiness for our residents', success for our associates, and opportunity for our stakeholders!!

Worked for IMT Residential? Contribute to the Community!