IMemories

2.7

Mark Rukavina

Good

I worked at IMemories

Pros

GooD to work in the company

Cons

Ok to Work in the company

NA

Scene Selector

I worked at IMemories full-time (more than a year)

Pros

- Flexible
    - Easy
    - You can listen to music
    - Overtime offered a lot

Cons

- No room for advancement
    - Quantity over quality mentality
    - Smokers get many breaks, non-smokers don't
    - No set workstation (You're always at a different computer and not everyone is clean)
    - Not enough work, that's okay, you build boxes and do other mindless tasks.

Give more opportunity for advancement and go back to making a quality product. Rushing to do as many assets as possible creates a lot of errors.

Fantastic place to work!

Former Employee - Manager in Scottsdale, AZ
    Former Employee - Manager in Scottsdale, AZ

I worked at IMemories full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Good benefits, nice work environment, fun job! If my family hadn't of moved out of state, I would still work there. Really good people and a wonderful product/service!

Cons

It is crazy busy in 4th quarter! Limited time off from Oct thru Dec. Aside from that, it is a clean comfortable working environment.

Thank you for creating such a great place! :)

Focus and Vision

I worked at IMemories full-time

Pros

Great cloud-based company with innovative thinking and a great atmosphere. Flexible hours and good benefits. You're expected to work hard and prove yourself, but if you do, there's room for growth.

Cons

Location is in North Scottsdale, but is easily accessible from the 101.

Customer service

I worked at IMemories

Pros

Great people to work with

Cons

Few benefit and oops for advancement

Horrible company to work for

I worked at IMemories full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Fun work atmosphere, flexible work schedules and a stress free job

Cons

The higher up Managers would only promote the employees they liked. It was almost like you had to kiss butt in order to get what you want. The ones who were promoted were the ones who hardly showed up for work. The hard working employees were always put on the back burner. Managers promised things to employees that never got done. Mark and Steve would never talk to you unless they needed something. Thats not a way to run a business!

Dont promise something if you can't follow through with something!!!!

Unfulfilling - Not a place to start a career

I worked at IMemories

Pros

Co-workers are great. Everyone is pretty nice. Generous PTO. An interesting product to work with.

Cons

The pay is terrible unless you are going into IT or you are lucky enough to be management. It's a clique culture, and most have been promoted because they are all good friends. They aren't really big on raises and they dangle a lot of empty promises in front of you to make you work hard, but they are not afraid to let you go. A lot of areas are basically the equivalent of assembly lines and because of that, everyone is replaceable.

Consider raises, promotions, and just treating people with more respect. You have a ridiculous turnover.

Former Employee

I worked at IMemories

Pros

The Employees were easy to get a long with. Easy Going and a fun place to work.

Cons

Managers always promised things to the Employees and never went through with them. A little unprofessional of atmosphere and every time Employees were looking for Managers they were never around.

Dont promise something if you cant follow through with it.

Temporary hires need only apply

Former Contractor - Warehouse Associate in Scottsdale, AZ
    Former Contractor - Warehouse Associate in Scottsdale, AZ

I worked at IMemories as a contractor (less than a year)

Pros

They hire quickly...a five minute face to face interview. This was from other employees too.

Cons

I was hired and laid off in less than a month. They said that it was a lack of orders coming in. At least that was the excuse that was given. I asked a certain manager to talk to two other employees about the "bad business atmosphere" and got let go the following week.

The two gentlemen (and I use that term loosely) would sit and be boisterous, swear and use terms that were not polite to women and various racial groups. An awareness meeting was scheduled and then cancelled the day of the meeting. Most employees are aware of the problem but choose to ignore it to hang onto their jobs.

The other problem that I had with them is the dangling promise of "if we like your work, their was the possibility of long term employment". I do not believe that they ever intended to truly hire me.
    It comes off in retrospect as a way to get help for three weeks.

When someone complains about EEOC problems and the like, do not put the whistle-blower out the door. Maybe they want to make the company better.

Your company is sinking fast as far as the employees are concerned. I know of a number of people who are getting ready to move on. Maybe make it better for the employees?

Decent company, but be prepared to put your career on hold.

Former Employee - Scene Selector in Scottsdale, AZ
    Former Employee - Scene Selector in Scottsdale, AZ

I worked at IMemories full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Easy going, nice people, low stress. One of the easiest jobs I ever had. Everyone is very flexible, if you have school or get sick they work with you. Most of the bosses there are really nice. They have good benefits for full time employees, and 15 days PTO which is great, and paid holidays. After being there for a number of years you get even more PTO. Great place to work for the most part, especially if you are a manager or other higher up. If you are IT your sitting on gold, they love their IT department. The CEO, Mark, is extremely nice, I have the utmost respect for him. He holds meetings with all staff once a quarter to show the companies progress, get everyone excited, and of course, eat some good food.

Cons

There is one manager there no one likes and has single handedly driven almost everyone in his department when he first was hired to leave the company. Over all this company has a pretty high turn over rate, they don't pay that much and opportunities for growth within the company are few and far between. They'll feed you stories about how many great opportunities there are, but when one opens up they will set the minimum requirements higher than the last person who had the job, with such requirements that they know no one working there currently is qualified, so they are "forced" to hire outside the company. If you're one of the lucky few who do get promoted, you probably have a good future ahead if you here. Otherwise, don't get your hopes up, they'll give you false hope about your future at this company and you'll find yourself three years later with nothing to show for it except a couple extra dollars on your paycheck. The pay isn't great unless you are in management or IT, and raises come few and far between. Also, it is technically a retail company so you will work the day after thanksgiving and Christmas Eve. You only get one day off for Christmas, New Years, and thanksgiving, so you have to do your vacations during the summer, which actually isn't bad at all because they give you plenty of time to do it. You are not allowed to take vacation during the holiday rush.

Try to award more employees and promote within more often, it will boost employee moral and give them something to work towards. Since the money isn't great, try giving them something else to work towards.