INC Research Reviews

3.7
INC Research CEO Jamie MacDonald
Jamie MacDonald
1 Rating

Pros
  • Some flexibility in schedules & work from home capabilities (in 7 reviews)

• Great people to work, nice amount of PTO including week off for Christmas (in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • Another thing is poor work/life balance (in 7 reviews)

• From a corporate level, there is a lot of talk about retention, but no one in upper management is able to define what is actually being done about it (in 6 reviews)

INC Research

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I have been working at INC Research full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Provides excellent opportunities for growth

Cons

None that I have found

Mixed Bag

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I have been working at INC Research full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

* Promotions can and do occur and INC loves to promote within. There are good opportunities for that, if merit is shown. * Benefits are standard, but we get the week off between Christmas and New Year's. * I have always had GREAT line managers who supported my career growth. Never experienced micro-managing; was left to do my own thing. * I have earned recognition (award $) for my going above and beyond what was expected of me. * Most of the people I have ever worked with across the company and in various positions, they were awesome and wonderful to work with. INC's REAL asset is its employees on the lower rungs, not the higher. * Currently, I have the flexibility to WFH, but it's different, depending on where you're at. So that's also kind of a con, too. * I work in a therapeutic business unit and they are just the best. I can tell that they try to foster a familial working environment, where you do feel valued.

Cons

* If you're non-billable, then you are considered dispensable by the company and won't be well-supported. Hence our HR and IT groups mostly suck. * Pay is NOT competitive or even close to market value. * Systems are complicated and all over the place. Nothing is clear, anywhere. You have to visit a dozen different sites and systems to get the info you need to run your study. * Training sucks. It's very much a sink or swim environment at times. * INC is a teetotaler! That means when we do get the rare office function (they are very cheap when it comes to doing things for its employees), you must purchase your own alcohol. If it's even allowed. Thanks Jim Ogle! * Being over-worked is totally a thing here. I laugh when anyone starts to talk about a work/life balance. Over-worked and under-paid is what we are. * All the locations are moving towards a call center-type environment, and most people hate it. It's crappy for most, or an introvert's worst nightmare. * As of this writing, everyone I work with, in the various departments and groups, is stretched too thin. Overworked. Stressed out. * I have had to fight tooth and nails to get standard working equipment - a laptop that's not a dinosaur, monitor, etc.

Advice to Management

Fight harder to keep your good employees. I'm so tired of losing good colleagues to CROs that pay better or because they're so badly over-worked. And put a muzzle on Business Development - they are winning far more awards than we can realistically staff. Have more sensitivity to your employees - not a single one of us enjoys reading about how the executives fly private planes in their spare time, or whatever dumb spotlight crap they foist on us. Show that you can relate to us, instead of showing us where the money is actually going (definitely not in our pockets). And on that note, I don't think we want any more cheap mousepads or cheap thermoses (they leak!)...we'd rather have that in our paycheck.

3. Project Specialist II

Current Employee - Project Specialist II in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Project Specialist II in Austin, TX

I have been working at INC Research full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great people! Good Culture People are always willing to help

Cons

Pay- underpayed Benefits- they switched to a new mail order program and now have to pay a lot more for prescriptions where as the last plane my meds were free Many of my doctors will not take Cigna- have to pay out-of-pocket

Advice to Management

Swich back the medical plan to include e-script, not cigna

5. Overall a good experience, time for INC to recognize hard work any pay raises to CRAs

Current Employee - Senior CRA in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Senior CRA in Austin, TX

Pros

Overall I have been happy with my manager and the studies I have worked on. The team has been supportive and has worked together to deliver quality on-time work. Making INC look good. The studies have been interesting, and sponsor has been good to work with. New CRA bonus based on number of visit completed within a quarter. INC is a growing company.

Cons

I had a six month period where I was working with an assistant manager who was unreasonable. I nearly left during this time. That person has since move on. I blame this person rather than the company as a whole. My biggest complaint about INC is that they have not given raises in the last two years, despite good work performance. They have used every excuse in the book. The economy is bad, INC is buying 3 new companies, the latest merger has delayed annual reviews and thus merit increases. Its interesting that INC has 300+ million to buy 3 companies, but not give merit increases.

Advice to Management

Many of your employees have been working very hard to meet the quality and on time standards that are talked about at INC. It's time to reciprocate the success that INC has had through it's employee's hard work.

RSS Feed </> Embed