INC Research

Be The First To
Add Photos

INC Research CEO Jamie MacDonald

Jamie MacDonald

Pros
  • The people are great, good place to get experience and the benefits aren't bad(in 7 reviews)

• Work from home option comes in-handy when also managing school schedule of small child(in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • They sell you on "management by results" and "flexibility/work-life balance(in 6 reviews)

• There is very very little or no communication from upper management(in 6 reviews)

26 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Awesome company to work for

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Raleigh, NC

ProsGreat management team who listens to concerns

ConsSometimes with a global company its hard to feel connected

Growing Company, just be careful of the team you join -- Sponsor Contracts Change Orders

Sponsor Contracts Change Orders (Current Employee) Raleigh, NC

ProsThis company is growing quickly and the financials are strong. A good CRO to work for if you are in the right role/group. My experience with Sponsor Contracts WORK ORDERS, Finance, and Project Management was positive.

Salary was reasonable. Benefits are good.

ConsMy experience with Sponsor Contracts CHANGE ORDERS was horrific. They sell you on "management by results" and "flexibility/work-life balance." The truth is, if you want to experience the worst form of narcissistic micro-management ever, then join the Sponsor Contracts Change Orders group. In my 20 years or professional work, I have never seen this level of micro-management and worse, direct manipulation of the truth. On the other hand, if you want to be a robot and never receive any positive feedback, this is the place for you!

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease, either a) continue to provide management training to all levels of management in the Sponsor Contracts Change Orders division and b) understand that while one story like mine could be "random," but multiple stories like mine that have been confirmed constitutes a big flashing warning sign that problems exist.

Great place to get started and make a contribution

Director (Former Employee) Raleigh, NC

ProsThis is a great place for networking. People come and go for various reasons, some for pay and others for advanced job opportunities

ConsLimited to access in management. Once you get in place, advancement is not the easiest thing to achieve within your department.

Advice to Senior ManagementReward your folks with increased responsibility and advancement. They will make a tremendous contribution and you won't have as much turnover.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great people. Poor pay.

Start-Up (Former Employee) Raleigh, NC

ProsThe people were great. We were like a family. I also felt confident that if I worked hard I would advance very quickly.

ConsThe pay is definitely low for the industry, especially for a company of this size. The attrition rate was really high. 3-4 people would leave a week sometimes. Projects constantly had personnel changes. Workload was not evenly distributed. This was partially because of the high turnover.

Advice to Senior ManagementStart paying your employees more and they will stay longer. The lack of consistency is noticed by Sponsors.

Loved it

Document Control Specialist (Current Employee) Raleigh, NC

ProsGreat benefits
    Over time pay
    Great management
    Excellent Co Workers
    A week off at Christmas

ConsPay could be more competitive towards other companies

Advice to Senior ManagementNone

The company is doing well managing its growth, and is taking on some exciting new projects.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Raleigh, NC

ProsI enjoyed my coworkers and the projects I worked on. The company is global, so I was always on the phone with people in India, China, Australia, the UK, and most of Europe.

ConsThe corporate culture is a bit too uptight. The people there work really hard and definitely have a passion for successful clinical trials, but in my opinion they need to loosen up a little. There's nothing wrong with going out for a drink after work on a week night.

Then again, I've heard other companies are like this in the CRO space, so maybe it's more of a problem with the industry as a whole.

Disappointing

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Raleigh, NC

ProsWeek off at Christmas, made some really good friends, met some very driven and intelligent people, global company so there is some opportunity for travel for most positions, they always paid me on time

ConsI ignored the negative reviews here on glassdoor because I was excited about the idea of my new job at INC, but over time the cons that appear in these reviews became very apparent. There's a reason it only has a 2.9/5 at the time of writing. This job was not at all what I expected- my primary beef with the company is false representation of my position's duties. I was told that I would be involved in a range of activities and projects that I ultimately never even participated in. Corporate insists that the company is constantly developing new and exciting things, but the reality is that progress is slow to come- I mean, the company still uses Windows XP! Overall, the company seems too occupied with hyping its systems and products that it doesn't spend any time actually implementing them. This is a very top-heavy organization (i.e. high percentage of manager/director and higher), so there is a lot of talk but not much action. My honest advice is to pass on this company- and pro tip, their competitors pay better!

Wrong people being promoted to leadership, lots of backbiting

Clinical Programming (Current Employee) Raleigh, NC

ProsNice, caring coworkers and chances to learn new skills

ConsWay too much work, need to hire more staff! Overtime is normal, work/life balance is skewed

Issues at the top

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Raleigh, NC

ProsSome of the people are fantastic. Worked with some of the best in the industry. 1 week off at Christmas. Decent benefits and matching 401k.

ConsSr. Leadership had extremely poor communication. They chose to speak in expletive rather than constructive communication. There was a policy of being asked for opinion but ultimately input was ignored. IT became extemely disjointed and cross-functional team work was non-existent. Policies put in place that discouraged any sort of collaboration. Our team experienced grave turnover with 60% reduction by attrition.

Advice to Senior ManagementYour employees are the best asset you have. Listen to them attentively. Get rid of those who refuse to collaborate and 'empire-build'. Retain the knowledge you have because the faucet is at full-blast.

Brought me in with no experience and showed me the ropes.

Site Startup & Regulatory Specialist I (Current Employee) Raleigh, NC

ProsGood, family-like environment inside the department. One of the only CROs that will give a person without any clinical experience a chance. Fantastic internal development programs (Toastmasters) and decent benefits. Excellent IT service.

ConsHeavy workloads, poor CTMS, redundancy in data storage, and difficult to be promoted. Key issues are heavy micromanagement from upper levels of the company and low salary in comparison to business standard in the area. PMs have a difficult time knowing how to manage people on their team. Hiring freezes at times when the business unit most needs to grow lowers morale and increases attrition.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou have to put money out to get money back in. Hire more people at the salaries they know they can get elsewhere, promote from within, and put a hard cap on workloads. Micromanaging slows down the process and exacerbates the issues. Trust your people to do their job- that's what you hired them for.

Worked for INC Research? Contribute to the Community!