INC Research

Updated December 4, 2014
Updated December 4, 2014

INC Research CEO Jamie MacDonald
Jamie MacDonald

Pros
  • Work from home option comes in-handy when also managing school schedule of small child (in 7 reviews)

• Great people, location and business reputation (in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • They sell you on "management by results" and "flexibility/work-life balance (in 7 reviews)

• There is very very little or no communication from upper management (in 6 reviews)

More Highlights

Statistical programmer

Current Employee - Statistical Programmer/Analyst in Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - Statistical Programmer/Analyst in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at INC Research full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Good team to work with. More study for you to invovle and wonderful internship program

Cons

You are limited to one specific job requirement, programming, data management, biostatistician groups

Great start for CRO industry job

Former Employee - Site Activation Specialist in Raleigh, NC
    Former Employee - Site Activation Specialist in Raleigh, NC

I worked at INC Research full-time (less than an year)

Pros

It was a great place to learn the ropes of the CRO industry. I felt like the company was a little bit behind in technology, but overall it was a welcoming environment that taught you the basics of the industry and clinical trials.

Cons

No clear career pathways were provided.

I felt that the start-up group was always treated as the "black sheep" of the company. Even now I think they are still separated from the rest of the company in a different building. Show unity within your company and keep everyone informed equally.

Horrible place to work

I have been working at INC Research

Pros

Growing company has potential if they can their act together.

Cons

Sr. Management is horrible, communication is bad.

Unreal Expectations for CTLs

I worked at INC Research full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Typical CRO environment but training is lacking. Directors had unreal expectations.

Cons

Was given a backlog of reports to review before I was even finished with orientation. Hadn't even had the opportunity to learn the study before I was given a deadline for reviewing reports. I had a project assistant go on medical leave and I was expected to take on their job and continue mine.

Great Place to work

I have been working at INC Research

Pros

efficient, compensation, home based , benefits

Cons

I do not have anything negative to say

Great company ... as long as you don't work in Finance.

Former Employee - Finance in Raleigh, NC
    Former Employee - Finance in Raleigh, NC

I worked at INC Research full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Some great people, good pay if you don't mind selling your soul. It all depends on where you work there.

Cons

Very poor senior management, outdated and incredibly inefficient systems, no training provided to staff and then as soon as something goes wrong they look for other people to blame. It won't be long until you're recording your teleconferences for evidence too as senior management constantly lie. INC also stands for It's Never Communicated. By far the worst company I have ever worked for.

Satan has now finally gone, need to get a new CFO next ASAP.

Sponsor Contracts Change Orders: you best think twice!

Former Employee - Sponsor Contracts Manager in Raleigh, NC
    Former Employee - Sponsor Contracts Manager in Raleigh, NC

I worked at INC Research full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Overall, the company seems to be a healthy, growing CRO. They have your basic benefits and the PTO is reasonable. They also shut down over Christmas so that is nice.

Cons

I have been treated like a 6 year old twice in my life. Once, when I was 6 years old. The second time was during my time at INC Research. I left an excellent job because I thought this would be a good move for me. I voluntarily left, without a backup plan, in less than a year because of the worst management team I have ever experienced or even heard about.
    Examples of the fun you will be introduced to if you join the Sponsor Contracts Change Orders team:
    1.Managers who openly gossip about their direct reports to other employees.
    2.Managers who share confidential information with other managers, when the employee has no clue this information is being shared.
    3.Managers who sell the idea of working from home after your probationary period, but then take the offer off the table once you are in the door.
    4.Managers who have inappropriate relationships with staff members.
    5.Managers that pretend to walk down the hall to get something off the printer, when they are actually taking notes to see who is at their desk and who is not…but then they come and go as they please (kind of comical at times because they leave papers shuffled on their desk and their desk lights on in order to appear like they are still at work).
    6.Managers who assign work out to people based on who they like or don’t like – purposely overburdening certain people so they can call them out on deadlines later.

I could go on and on. This team of managers must have been the kids that got picked on in high school and now they want to take it out on the world. Usually, you find one or two people in a group like this but this place has a whole team like it.

Take a look at where your turnover is and then do something about it. Your Sponsor Change Orders group could be 3 times better with the right management team (which would not include ANY of the current management team).

Quit comparing yourself to Quintiles so much. When I hear Quintiles more than I do the name of our own company in the quarterly Town Hall meetings, that's a problem.

Company is growing

I worked at INC Research full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Large number of new contracts, Really good experience and get to learn a lot of new things

Cons

Middle management needs to interact more with the associates, closed door policy with no transparency

Keep more transparent communication, define and standardize common processes.

Opportunities to Grow!

I have been working at INC Research full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Over the years my experience has been that opportunities are there if you work hard.

Cons

Work can be challenging at times, but you do receive recognition for a job well done!

Drug Safety

Current Employee - Project Manager in Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at INC Research full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Good amount of vacation time, a lot of work from home positions

Cons

Pay is on low end and very little opportunity to learn new things or functional cross training