INC Research Reviews

Updated September 9, 2014
3.2

INC Research CEO Jamie MacDonald
Jamie MacDonald

Pros
  • The people are great, good place to get experience and the benefits aren't bad (in 7 reviews)

• Work from home option comes in-handy when also managing school schedule of small child (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • They sell you on "management by results" and "flexibility/work-life balance (in 6 reviews)

• There is very very little or no communication from upper management (in 6 reviews)

More Highlights

Opportunities to Grow!

I have been working at INC Research full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Over the years my experience has been that opportunities are there if you work hard.

Cons

Work can be challenging at times, but you do receive recognition for a job well done!

Drug Safety

Current Employee - Project Manager  in  Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at INC Research full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Good amount of vacation time, a lot of work from home positions

Cons

Pay is on low end and very little opportunity to learn new things or functional cross training

Nice people

Current Employee - CDA III
    Current Employee - CDA III

I have been working at INC Research full-time

Pros

Great people to work, nice amount of PTO including week off for Christmas

Cons

Rolling lay offs always left you wondering if you we're next.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Big ideas but complacency will get you nowhere.

I have been working at INC Research full-time for more than a year

Pros

A very relaxed work environment. Little to no micro-management, with flexible working hours. Management lets employee work independently at own pace, while maintaining communication of expectations. Growing company that has influx of work/opportunities for experience in the CRO world.

Cons

Without ambition certain departments will let you stay in the same position for lengthy amounts of time. They underpay their employees compared to other CROs. Training is inconsistent and self-directed, so an employee lacking concentration will vary from standard protocol, rarely follow guidelines and rarely get punished.

Management should become aware that complacency is evident in certain departments and should find solutions to motivate employees. Management should also undergo training in conflict resolution. It would be beneficial to the company for employees and management to have meaningful discourse, without predisposed mindsets/attitudes.

So far, so good

Current Employee - Clinical Research Associate  in  Wilmington, NC
    Current Employee - Clinical Research Associate in Wilmington, NC

I have been working at INC Research full-time for less than a year

Pros

They were able to meet my salary requirements. The benefits are great! My training/orientation session was awesome! My managers have been completely available for coaching. I love it here.

Cons

There is lots of training. It feels neverending.

Great place to work

I have been working at INC Research

Pros

Family, not a corp machine

Cons

Some employees carry large revolving debt for company short term.

Place a Universal Corp Card in travel site for Flights. Employees will be happy to carry, hotel and retal cars for short term.

Fast growth with good market differentiators

Current Employee - Project Manager
    Current Employee - Project Manager

I have been working at INC Research full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Good culture of therapeutic focus; strong and stable flat management structure in the therapeutic business units; fast growth with manageable growing pains

Cons

Some of the supporting functional groups have higher turnover and lower accountability; crappy employees throughout the company coast along and are passed from team to team; IT infrastructure needs attention

High hopes led to nothing but disappointment

Current Employee - Sponsor Contracts Analyst  in  Raleigh, NC
    Current Employee - Sponsor Contracts Analyst in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at INC Research full-time

Pros

The company seems to be growing and from what we hear in town hall meetings, the financials are good. Solid pay. Pretty good benefits as well.

Cons

I have worked in challenging environments before, but the management team that leads Sponsor Contracts Change Orders is the most pathetic example of leadership and management that I have ever seen. I have been here less than 18 months and they have ran off excellent talent just due to unrealistic expectations and micro management (missing deadlines because your manager wants margins adjusted). It's not just one manager, it is multiple managers. I will be leaving as soon as I can. Disgusted.

HR needs to intervene in the Sponsor Change Orders Group. "Treat people as you would want to be treated."

Quantity vs Quality

I worked at INC Research for more than 5 years

Pros

Possibility of positive life/work relationship depends on the department and management. Benefits are comparable with industry standards. Location in Raleigh more favorable to RTP.

Cons

Training is inconsistent and self-directed. Working outside your job title is almost a guarantee. Hours of each day are spent substantiating/justifying your position for management.

Spend more time understanding staff expectations and performance and less time business building. The business will not grow if staff members are leaving or unhappy. Satisfied employees will grow a business everytime.

great people but too few resources

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Raleigh, NC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at INC Research full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Good teams to work for, good vision of the new CEO, they want to give people a chance to grow, promote from within. low number of days to qualify for Clinical Monitoring Rewards Program when compared to other CROs. Willing to be flexible about work from home if you are able to do so with your position, good trainings, trusted process works.

Cons

pay, resources, lack of change when promised that work life balance will get better, sometimes an unfair promotion pathway and compensation for promoted individuals when new hires make more money

Worked for INC Research? Contribute to the Community!