INC Research Reviews

Reset
1.0
INC Research CEO Jamie MacDonald
Jamie MacDonald

Pros
  • Some flexibility in schedules & work from home capabilities (in 7 reviews)

• Great people to work, nice amount of PTO including week off for Christmas (in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • Another thing is poor work/life balance (in 7 reviews)

• From a corporate level, there is a lot of talk about retention, but no one in upper management is able to define what is actually being done about it (in 6 reviews)

Sr Investigator Payment Speciost

Pros

Great benefits and very organized orientation. Plenty of positions. Professional building, other departments are more put together. Fast paced environment

Cons

Department is chaos, no training, a "trial by fire" attitude. High turnover. No structure and very disorganized. Quick to let go employees without giving training.

INC only cares about profit

Former Employee - Senior CRA in Pacific, WA
    Former Employee - Senior CRA in Pacific, WA

I worked at INC Research full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Time off is impressive and the pay is better than other companies.

Cons

Micromanagement, no work life balance, treated like an employee from a third world country working in a sweat shop. If you work at INC for greater than a year you will be on antidepressants, high blood pressure medication, anxiety medications, migraine medication and the list goes on and on. I wish I would have been warned.

Advice to Management

You need to put the right people in the Protocol Lead position and not allow the Protocol Leads micro manage the CRAs

Lack of stability

Former Employee - Medical Writer
    Former Employee - Medical Writer

I worked at INC Research full-time

Pros

Great PTO. Extra week off during Christmas. Work from home!

Cons

Lack of work-personal life separation. Managers lie to protect themselves. Lay offs every month keep everyone nervous (I guess this is the only way to show you were under budget for the quarter). They layed off all the older, sick, and higher paid employees.

Advice to Management

Grow a heart.

5. Senior Site Activation Specialist

Former Employee - Senior Site Activation Specialist in Clover, VA
    Former Employee - Senior Site Activation Specialist in Clover, VA

I worked at INC Research (Less than a year)

Pros

Active training opportunites for job responsiblities

Cons

Too much micro management from managers

Advice to Management

Train managers with no previous background or experience with staff oversight to set realistic expectations and not hover over employees

They will work you to the bone

Former Employee - Project Manager
    Former Employee - Project Manager

I worked at INC Research full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Work from home (CRAs, CTLs, PMs). Can be promoted if they are desperate to fill a position. But only if you are at the right place at the right time. Otherwise, they don't really care or appreciate hard work.

Cons

Compensation and benefits are well below the market rate. No work-life balance. They will work you to the bone until you have no choice but to quit. Good work is rewarded with more work, not more compensation. And there is no use talking to your manager--they really don't care. Manipulative, dishonest and spiteful senior management.

Advice to Management

Look at yourselves long and hard in the mirror. When there are no moral or ethical standards at the top, no good can come out in the end.

Current Employee

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at INC Research full-time

Pros

Flexible schedule if you get along with your supervisor, benefits are ok, and the company as a whole we read below.

Cons

My goodness there are so many. - the supervisors will talk about you behind and in front of you - supervisors are over worked and take there emotions out on the employees - you have no life unless you wanna get fired for leaving your regular time - they say it's a good place to work I thought that too until I started to see the real and everybody - line managers are even worse they no their job but they could careless about you - I would say say away at all cost if you can

Advice to Management

The CEO is awesome he is so personable if only everybody was like him.

Lots of unhappy employees

Pros

Cannot really think of any

Cons

LOTS of turnover, management really doesn't care, will not invest in systems to help the job.

Over worked and under paid. Bringing in too much work, not enough resourcing. Below average for compensation.

I worked at INC Research full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Knowledgable therapeutic experts. Working to improve training process.

Cons

Below the industry average for compensation. Employees are over worked and exhausted.

Advice to Management

Invest in employees. Give monetary bonus, not award program. Senior management is power hungry.

Being a CDA WAS great...

Current Employee - CDA III in Raleigh, NC
    Current Employee - CDA III in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at INC Research full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The CDA position is a piece of cake - they have all these different tasks assigned to CDA I, II, III & Sr. CDA but regardless of what level you are you'll end up doing Sr. CDA tasks within weeks of being hired if you're a CDA I or II - that's how they get around giving out promotions because they can get individuals at a low level to perform the tasks of a higher position making believe that individual will be promoted when it'll never happen. All that said, being a CDA is essentially being a gopher - if you are asked to provide something from your project manager, do it fast as lightning and they will think you are a rocket scientist. This works well when it comes to year end reviews and they are the ones providing feedback, however the current management staff seems to have ulterior motives.

Cons

The first few years I worked at INC were amazing. Management recognized that I was a valuable asset to the company and let me kind of march to the beat of my own drum - back then I was motivated and had a desire to make a difference and do well with my projects. I'd even check my work email in the middle of the night and respond if I happened to wake up and saw a pressing issue that needed to be addressed...Just so they'd have an answer at the crack of dawn when they checked their email and saw my reply. A year and a half ago after our company acquired another company, it was decided that our UK CDA's were more productive than the US CDA's, without providing any proof or metrics whatsoever to explain that rationale. It was just fact because upper management said so. They then started enforcing all of these strict rules regarding time in office which resulted in a horrible morale among employees and caused a high turnover rate. Prior to this, no one ever questioned my laid back demeanor. All of a sudden they were monitoring everyone's "in office time" and were disciplining individuals for being at their desk at 9:35 instead of 9:30. They act as if this strictness has lessened these past few months but it's still there - they just aren't vocal about it. We have employees coming to work with the Flu because they're scared management will notice they are out sick for multiple days. People are scared to have doctor appointments during business hours. It's actually ENCOURAGED to schedule appointments on your work from home day (we get one a week) - but doing that pretty much prevents any productivity from occurring if you are scheduling all of your appointments at once on the same day. It used to be wonderful working there but now I dread going in every single day because it's just plain depressing.

Advice to Management

Mind your own business and recognize employees that are doing a good job. Quit ganging up on certain individuals and give everyone a fair chance to succeed - you're all ridiculous in how you treat loyal staff members who have been with the company for many years.

11. Horrible place to work

Pros

Growing company has potential if they can their act together.

Cons

Sr. Management is horrible, communication is bad.

RSS Feed </> Embed