INC Research Reviews

Reset

Mixed Bag

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I have been working at INC Research full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

* Promotions can and do occur and INC loves to promote within. There are good opportunities for that, if merit is shown. * Benefits are standard, but we get the week off between Christmas and New Year's. * I have always had GREAT line managers who supported my career growth. Never experienced micro-managing; was left to do my own thing. * I have earned recognition (award $) for my going above and beyond what was expected of me. * Most of the people I have ever worked with across the company and in various positions, they were awesome and wonderful to work with. INC's REAL asset is its employees on the lower rungs, not the higher. * Currently, I have the flexibility to WFH, but it's different, depending on where you're at. So that's also kind of a con, too. * I work in a therapeutic business unit and they are just the best. I can tell that they try to foster a familial working environment, where you do feel valued.

Cons

* If you're non-billable, then you are considered dispensable by the company and won't be well-supported. Hence our HR and IT groups mostly suck. * Pay is NOT competitive or even close to market value. * Systems are complicated and all over the place. Nothing is clear, anywhere. You have to visit a dozen different sites and systems to get the info you need to run your study. * Training sucks. It's very much a sink or swim environment at times. * INC is a teetotaler! That means when we do get the rare office function (they are very cheap when it comes to doing things for its employees), you must purchase your own alcohol. If it's even allowed. Thanks Jim Ogle! * Being over-worked is totally a thing here. I laugh when anyone starts to talk about a work/life balance. Over-worked and under-paid is what we are. * All the locations are moving towards a call center-type environment, and most people hate it. It's crappy for most, or an introvert's worst nightmare. * As of this writing, everyone I work with, in the various departments and groups, is stretched too thin. Overworked. Stressed out. * I have had to fight tooth and nails to get standard working equipment - a laptop that's not a dinosaur, monitor, etc.

Advice to Management

Fight harder to keep your good employees. I'm so tired of losing good colleagues to CROs that pay better or because they're so badly over-worked. And put a muzzle on Business Development - they are winning far more awards than we can realistically staff. Have more sensitivity to your employees - not a single one of us enjoys reading about how the executives fly private planes in their spare time, or whatever dumb spotlight crap they foist on us. Show that you can relate to us, instead of showing us where the money is actually going (definitely not in our pockets). And on that note, I don't think we want any more cheap mousepads or cheap thermoses (they leak!)...we'd rather have that in our paycheck.

2. Senior Site Activation Specialist

Former Employee - Senior Site Activation Specialist in Clover, VA
    Former Employee - Senior Site Activation Specialist in Clover, VA

I worked at INC Research (Less than a year)

Pros

Active training opportunites for job responsiblities

Cons

Too much micro management from managers

Advice to Management

Train managers with no previous background or experience with staff oversight to set realistic expectations and not hover over employees

3. Data Management

I have been working at INC Research full-time

Pros

Everyone is very helpful and professional. There is a great atmosphere of family. A lot of positive changes happening in Data Management.

Cons

A lot of training in the beginning but more manageable once you get past the first month.

They will work you to the bone

Former Employee - Project Manager
    Former Employee - Project Manager

I worked at INC Research full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Work from home (CRAs, CTLs, PMs). Can be promoted if they are desperate to fill a position. But only if you are at the right place at the right time. Otherwise, they don't really care or appreciate hard work.

Cons

Compensation and benefits are well below the market rate. No work-life balance. They will work you to the bone until you have no choice but to quit. Good work is rewarded with more work, not more compensation. And there is no use talking to your manager--they really don't care. Manipulative, dishonest and spiteful senior management.

Advice to Management

Look at yourselves long and hard in the mirror. When there are no moral or ethical standards at the top, no good can come out in the end.

Current Employee

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at INC Research full-time

Pros

Flexible schedule if you get along with your supervisor, benefits are ok, and the company as a whole we read below.

Cons

My goodness there are so many. - the supervisors will talk about you behind and in front of you - supervisors are over worked and take there emotions out on the employees - you have no life unless you wanna get fired for leaving your regular time - they say it's a good place to work I thought that too until I started to see the real and everybody - line managers are even worse they no their job but they could careless about you - I would say say away at all cost if you can

Advice to Management

The CEO is awesome he is so personable if only everybody was like him.

7. Project Specialist II

Current Employee - Project Specialist II in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Project Specialist II in Austin, TX

I have been working at INC Research full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great people! Good Culture People are always willing to help

Cons

Pay- underpayed Benefits- they switched to a new mail order program and now have to pay a lot more for prescriptions where as the last plane my meds were free Many of my doctors will not take Cigna- have to pay out-of-pocket

Advice to Management

Swich back the medical plan to include e-script, not cigna

Growing Pains

I have been working at INC Research

Pros

The company has been growing very quickly. It is a very dynamic environment and must be flexible with changes in priorities.

Cons

The company went Public at the end of the year so it has additional responsibilities as a Public Company

Advice to Management

At present, Management is singularly focus on keeping the Stock Price moving up so they are very short sighted.

Lots of unhappy employees

I worked at INC Research

Pros

Cannot really think of any

Cons

LOTS of turnover, management really doesn't care, will not invest in systems to help the job.

10. Senior Project Manager

Current Employee - Senior Project Manager in Raleigh, NC
    Current Employee - Senior Project Manager in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at INC Research

Pros

The people are really fantastic, CNS division is great

Cons

Many different systems to learn

Good company

Current Employee - CRA in King of Prussia, PA
    Current Employee - CRA in King of Prussia, PA

I have been working at INC Research

Pros

professional and very good training program

Cons

interview takes very long time

Advice to Management

more employer benefit and bonus

RSS Feed </> Embed