INDUS Reviews in Vienna, VA

3.3

INDUS President and CEO Shiv Krishnan
Shiv Krishnan

7 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Very exciting place to work, good atmosphere and work well with others

Former Employee - Data Systems Analyst  in  Vienna, VA
    Former Employee - Data Systems Analyst in Vienna, VA

I worked at INDUS full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The best reason I believe for working here is good communication with the team and always helping to create a smooth working environment.

Cons

the challenges one face is completing work on time and producing quality work.

Management should be able to communicate with the employees and share the pros and cons of their evaluation and help them to improve their skills I needed.

Great Company to work

Current Employee - Java Consultant  in  Vienna, VA
    Current Employee - Java Consultant in Vienna, VA

I have been working at INDUS as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

It is a very cool environment to work here. I was a J2ee Consultant to Indus Corporation and I must say it is one of the better places that i have worked. People are very nice and helpful. Less Politics and good work life balance. Overall a Great experience

Cons

Mangement is finding it tough to retain people. Need to give better packages.

Client Site Contractor

Former Employee - Senior Security Analyst  in  Vienna, VA
    Former Employee - Senior Security Analyst in Vienna, VA

I worked at INDUS full-time for more than a year

Pros

The project managers were very good about engaging with the contractors they managed. Communication was encouraged.

Cons

Once a new employee began working at the client site, there was very little involvement with the company outside of the staff for the client site.

Some more interaction to build camaraderie between headquarters and the client sites would be good. Incentives such as free tickets to local events or an annual picnic.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Very friendly place to be.

Former Employee - Tech Support  in  Vienna, VA
    Former Employee - Tech Support in Vienna, VA

I worked at INDUS full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good company, stable, nice admin staff.

Cons

Salary offered is pretty low compared to market. They didn't give me an opportunity to move within the organization as I was doing well with my position with a low salary.

Be open.

A Company Waiting for a Buyer

Current Employee - Project Staff  in  Vienna, VA
    Current Employee - Project Staff in Vienna, VA

I have been working at INDUS full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great support staff, very dedicated and professional. Nice office environment and facilities. Very well run proposal operation. Approachable senior management. Effective office, payroll, accounts payable procedures.

Cons

No IT capabilities. No strategic vision for customer solutions. No commitment to quality deliverables / no operational QA program. A mid-tier provider burdened with an 8(a) management philosophy and mindset. Woefully unsuccessful in re-competing existing contracts and retaining core technical staff. A capture rate no firm would aspire to. No core competency offerings - just a body shop for Federal clients. So focused on winning the mega-million contracts, that they have forgotten about their current customers, and building out core compentency areas in IT and GIS. Revolving door model for senior management and VP's. No commitment to career development of junior staff. No training opportunities. No corporate vision for where the company wants to be in 5 years. Focus is on posturing the firm for immediate purchase and reducing operational costs. Very poor commitment to manage off site staff. Very much an ego-driven management model.

Walk away from your current business model, and focus on where INDUS wants to be in 5 years. Talk to your customers. Know your customers challenges. Find a better way to communicate to your mid-level managers, and technical staff. Instill some corporate pride in the organization. Cull the dead wood staff, and reward the performers. Put senior management on notice to perform, or move on.

Company is OK

Current Employee - Team Lead  in  Vienna, VA
    Current Employee - Team Lead in Vienna, VA

I have been working at INDUS

Pros

Room to grown and health benefits is ok

Cons

The annual financial compensation isn't much. Depending on the team/division you could be stuck with the same stuff for a very very long time. Dental benefits suck!

A pretty good company where there is room for growth for some people

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Vienna, VA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Vienna, VA

I have been working at INDUS

Pros

Relax environment, great upper management, the benefits are wonderful.

Cons

Very clique-type environment, laced with elements of bias toward some, but that's expected in most places. But overall the best company I've worked for.

None needed

Worked for INDUS? Contribute to the Community!